Games 50 worst videgame voice acting

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahahahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahahhahaahhahahahahhahhahahhahah

Hahah... ha.

We did it... we we deactivated the bomb.

- Was that the line i was supposed to read?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Hhahaha

"Hi.. what a cute boy, interested in my body arent you?"

- "Not Interested!"

"Oh, you're into that!"

- "I like girls. But now, its about Justice!"

Number 3 is awesome as well, Mega Man dude stumbling on lines lol xD

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
how the hell do people get jobs doing that ? :D

Voice acting is mostly treated like a stepchild in the gamedesign process. People are focusing on graphics and balancing and cutscenes and whatnot. Sound, voice acting and localization are a neccessary evil that needs to be done somehow sometimes and with as less money as possible. They usually hire a third class sound studio, send them the papers and let them take care about the rest. And the budget is not enough to get real actors for the job, so they always have some amateurs behind the microphone.
In my old company, I was responsible for exactly that. Thank god, we had enough budget to hire good actors, cast them, supervise the recording process and even reject actoris during the recording when we saw that it didn´t work.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Voice acting is mostly treated like a stepchild in the gamedesign process. People are focusing on graphics and balancing and cutscenes and whatnot. Sound, voice acting and localization are a neccessary evil that needs to be done somehow sometimes and with as less money as possible. They usually hire a third class sound studio, send them the papers and let them take care about the rest. And the budget is not enough to get real actors for the job, so they always have some amateurs behind the microphone.
In my old company, I was responsible for exactly that. Thank god, we had enough budget to hire good actors, cast them, supervise the recording process and even reject actoris during the recording when we saw that it didn´t work.

Yeah, companies who forget sound acting from the design should forget about sound acting altogether.

Worked in same stuff as you, wrote the lines myself actually :D

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Yep, same here. Wrote all the dialogues myself. Looks like we had the same job then. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yep, same here. Wrote all the dialogues myself. Looks like we had the same job then. :)

Designer really, main focus multiplayer level design, secondary jobs(when time allowed) were a real salad of things; dialogue, strategy guides, screenshots, videos, gameplay testing('cause coders can't test for shit :p).

Well, then i've done graphics, 3d, 3 months work on a GDD etc :D

9 years in gaming...urgh...i need to get on a 3 year project again, so relaxing compared to the machine gun productions these days.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Gamedesign (Story, Worlddesign, Questdesign,) and running the localization process. Started as a puny 2D artist in 1999. :D

As relaxing as 3 year projects might be, they´re taking their toll. Today, I´d prefer to work on smaller projects, 6 months, fire and forget. Oh well.. you can´t have it all. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm, maybe i should get to MMO design. Would have a lot more to design and as such, much more fun.

Think i have to dig up my MMO design and finish it for sale purposes :D

I was on a 4 year or so project with Transworld Snowboarding, so it's no new thing. I like long projects 'cause they are a lot more creative.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Toss us a few links of games you have helped design Thorwyn!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Sacred 1
Sacred Underworld
Sacred 2
Sacred 2 Ice&Blood

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Were you the bugger who made the world so infinitely complex to navigate in? Damn you!

adoNix

Can't get enough of FH
Number 3 was ace!

"be must recovar all the energie imeatly buh begaman"

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Were you the bugger who made the world so infinitely complex to navigate in? Damn you!

Not really. My part in the worlddesign was the background, definition of the races and all the content. The shape of the world itself is the work of the leveldesign team.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not really. My part in the worlddesign was the background, definition of the races and all the content. The shape of the world itself is the work of the leveldesign team.

Though it's not necessarily their fault that navigation is messed up :flame:

Atleast that's what i said as a level designer *cough*

Blame coders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom