50 billion sun black hole

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Upper "limit" i'd say, since it's science, but yea, pretty darn cool.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah the article actually states that it's only the upper limit according to their current understanding and the age of the universe -there is no theoretical upper limit.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah the article actually states that it's only the upper limit according to their current understanding and the age of the universe -there is no theoretical upper limit.

Yeah noticed, which is funny(nerdy funny) 'cause there's no theoretical upper limit while this whole thing is theoretical.

They've calculated the largest theoretically possible black hole...in theory :D

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah noticed, which is funny(nerdy funny) 'cause there's no theoretical upper limit while this whole thing is theoretical.

They've calculated the largest theoretically possible black hole...in theory :D

Did seem a bit odd how it came to a nice round 50. Exactly half of 100 which has been hammered into our brains as a nice round number due to both the romans and the decimal system.

Not saying they're wrong, just that it's a bit sus.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah, some of the most intelligent physicists on the planet thought, right, what's half of 100, 50 ! Ok, we'll make it 50 billion.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

When Mount Everest was first measured in 1856, its height was EXACTLY 29,000 feet. Andrew Waugh thought no one would ever believe it was exactly 29,000 and would assume that he just guessed its height. Consequently he decided to add 2 feet to it, resulting in a height of 29,002

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
I heard most of physics is made up on the spot.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Most likely put 50 billion in to give them a nice lil 10 billion buffer if someone found a bigger one.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Yeah, some of the most intelligent physicists on the planet thought, right, what's half of 100, 50 ! Ok, we'll make it 50 billion.

I just wonder how many millions it cost to come up with that 'wet finger in the air' assessment.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Not all physicists look like Doc Brown

doc_brown-full.jpg

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
He did invent the flux capacitor though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom