5 Newbie Tips

B

bigfoot

PS just came through the door, probably going to install it tomorrow. Anyone got 5 tips as to how to get the most out of the game in the first couple of days of play?

W

Will

Go into the VR training, try all the weapons in the shooting range, then go to the vehicle training, and take a shot in all of them, and the gunnery positions.

Voila, you are now BR3 and a bit. Spend your certs in any way you want (go to the big HART terminal to spend them, you'll know what it is when you get there).

As for choosing a side, TR are the big evil, and their guns favour rounds over accuracy, NC are freedom fighters who go for big guns and shotties, and VS are high-tech types who like hovertanks and flying MAXs.

I'd join NC and then join Barry's Squad if I were you.;)

D

Deadmanwalking

Get a big fat gun, as your first spec... dont bother with the support class just yet as you can change. As some of them require a little more knowledge of the game rules etc etc.

Oh and do the VR training get a feel for the guns and physics.

Join Barrysquad as NC ;)

W

Will

And join #game.planetside for the lively banter.

W

Will

[18:20] *** Joining #game.planetside
[18:20] *** Topic: 'PS is out, why do you not have it already?'
[18:20] (Server): Channel mode is +tn
[18:20] (Rev_Will): I really should change that topic, eh?
[18:27] (Rev_Will): and get a Q and stuff
[18:33] (Rev_Will): bah

W

whipped

Ok, despite my post about fixing the game by not buying it, it seems that there are a fair few of you playing and that makes me want in. I'll pick it up before the end of the month and think about cancelling my EVE subscription.

I enjoyed the BETA quite a lot, so I may as well spend some money on it.

D

Deadmanwalking

We dont want you any more Whipped :(*

*This is a lie*

C

Cadire

Go through the trianing. There's a LOT of commands/options in the game. Best to learn them without anyone shooting at you!

As mentioned above, do the VR training. Not only does it show you how all the stuff works, but you get to BR3 rank just by doing that. I'd roll a temporary char to try out each of the realm specific weapons to see which one you like.

Join VS... not as powerful, but infinitely more classy :cool:

Y

Yoni

1] dont bring your lightsaber you could never use it anyway :p
2] spec with big weapons to begin with dont go support for now
3] get a vehicle if pos also - lightening / mosquito / reaver are good for starters
3] join #bwps as most of nc barrysquad hang there as well as in #game.planetside
5] join barrys squad nc Werner - give me or deadmanwalking a tell in game and we will add you to the outfit - I play as sir3n :)

P

[PS]Nova

Seeing as everyone else is recruiting...

... despite some people thinking I say this too much...

... if you decide to join Vanu Sovereignty, join Sovereign Guard, second biggest vanu outfit :p

Mostly ex-daoc and BW people as well!

Anyone who currently plays VS is also welcome, just let me know, or fill in our recruitment form on our webpage (url in sig).

:bazbeer:

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by [PS]Angel
...Mostly ex-daoc and BW people as well!.....

:bazbeer:

I thought you were trying to recruit people, not scare them away ;)

X

Xtro

oi oi Whipped and BF :)

Get yer arses ingame, choose NC, msg Deadmanwalking, Deady or Sir3n, join BarrysSquad, get on the mic, get a beer, shout your head off and have fun.

I think we need yet more Moderators in our squad too btw ;)

K

karienal

Tips for how to not to come across as an arse :)

1) Never attack the generator. Ever. I mean it.
Unless specifically told to, in order to get a base which isn't connected to a friendly base on a lattice to turn neutral, so it can be resupplied then hacked. If this is the case, make sure some one's gone for an ant run :)

2) Dont run into someone's line of fire.
Two things can happen here - either they carry on firing, and you die giving them unwanted grief points, or they stop firing, giving the target a chance to take both of you.

3) If you're on foot, dont use the roads. If you're in a vehicle, dont rave around the base with your windows down, pumping out tunes, take it slow :)
On foot, using roads = asking to be run over by both friendlies and nasties. Run in the trees to the side. Likewise, stealthers crossing bridges - either uncloak, so incoming friendlies can see you, or run on the handrail so you dont get run over...
Vehicles cant always stop in time if they're moving quick, so if there's lots of friendlies about (ie. in a base), simply dont move quick.

4) Get some transport early on.
Nothing more soul destroying than trying to find a bit of a mountain you can cross on foot, then getting stuck in a dip you cant get out of (and I've seen a few). Get a vehicle cert, preferably a mosquito (3 points, cheap & very fast) to avoid some of the travel time.

5) You dont always need to shoot as soon as you see someone. If there's a better chance coming, eg if they crouch to aim at a different target, it's often worth waiting for it. Depends on the weapons you carry of course, but in general, try to predict what's likely to happen, and work with that. (And when I get this working, I'll let you know :p )

That's my 5 tips anyway. But I'm no expert, hehe

Opium

P

[PS]Nova

Originally posted by SilverHood
I thought you were trying to recruit people, not scare them away ;)

Whoops!

Er.. we haven't got any BW or ex-daoc people in SG, honest we haven't! :p

S

scarffs

Think silver meant the horrible wave-thingy and not the fact of there being daoc players in sg.

S

Scarloc

Originally posted by scarffs
Think silver meant the horrible wave-thingy and not the fact of there being daoc players in sg.

...He'd better not have :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom