5.1 Surround sound & Headphones

A

Ash!

I have recently upgraded my motherboard with 5.1 surround onboard. With the speaker system I have I need to put the wiring through the Speaker, Mic & headphone socket. Sound quality is very good for me as I dont need anything too flash. However I have found I need to use my head set for some Clan games. We use Team Speak during games.

What I dont want to do is start pulling wires out every time I am in a Clan match. So What options do I have. Would I have to have a separate sound card and plug the headphone & mic through the traditional sockets. Alternatively are there any kind of connecters that I could plug them both into.

Thanks

W

whipped

You could probably just use something like this to stop you having to plug/replug wires all the time.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by whipped
You could probably just use something like this to stop you having to plug/replug wires all the time.

think it might be a bad idee to send a sound signal thru the mic

have you looked at the USB headsets out there, bit pricy but would shouls solve your problem

K

kameleon

Check to see if your mobo has an extra mic and speaker header, then if you have case that has mic and speaker outputs on the front or side, you can just plug your headset in when you are playing games.

A

Ash!

Thx Guys. Looks like the USB headset is the way

T

Tom

Originally posted by whipped

That might not be a good idea, if you forget to unplug the headphones when using the speakers, you might end up driving the headphones, and that could result in damage.

Users who are viewing this thread