4mb Broadband - cheap!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Had 2mb but downgraded it to 1mb, simple fact is that I just don't download enough crap like others to justify the extra speed :p

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Eeheheh - just found out from a friend who's in a similar situation - the Ts&Cs haven't been updated to included Solo 2000 (the 2mbit package). So basically there's no record of it saying "58.75 if you leave the contract before 12 months are up". I'm currently on hold waiting to tell them that I want my migration code and I ain't paying no stinking cancellation fee. Got a screenshot ready to send to them too :)

I hope this works :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Heh, well they didn't go for it. They referred me to a much more robust terms and conditions page that did include it. However, my mate is still waiting to hear back from them and if he suceeds (though I doubt he will) I'll be calling them back and giving them what for!

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on the 8mb UKOnline service, at first it was fairly rubbish. ADSLGuide forums had a thread with other users experiencing the same problems as me (downloads would stop at specific points, which varied. Resuming/restarting would not get any further). After requesting a static IP, which seemed to be routed differently, I've had no problems with my downloads. I also had a small speed downgrade as I was getting a lot of far end CRC errors, which may have contributed to the fix. So at present I'm at 6mb, which I'm happy enough with, especially at £30.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
When I play WoW, I get around 30-70ms most of the time.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Also Nath, the free router deal has been extended a few times already.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ooo, good man yussef - that makes me feel quite a bit better :)

Do you ever play any actiony games - cs/q3 whatever? If so, what pings do you get on that - 70ms seems quite high, but is that normal/decent for WoW?

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Not played any FPS' etc in quite a while, so no advice on that at present. The WoW ping is pretty normal from what I hear from other people. Most of the time it's in the lower end of the range I provided.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I have a LAN at work and they are all low 30 ping with 3 pc's on CS Source.

Don't know why I keep answering your questions, you ain't even fucking well thanked me once. Tart :eek:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Have I not? I'm sure I did, or maybe that was just in my head.

If I actually didn't (and I can't be arsed to check the previous two pages) then apologies and many thanks. :fluffle:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
UK Online have got a great Deal!!

Broadband 512 £9.99 (Unlimited Downloads)
Broadband 2mb £19.99 (Unlimited Downloads)
Broadband 8mb £29.99 (500GB Monthly Limit)

I think I might just switch to them...

edit: On the 8MB line you also get:

- Free Wireless Router
- Upload speeds of up to 400K
- Contention ratio of 33:1

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
dagnabbit, I was almost excited by a tenner a month (as opposed to £25 with Zen) but they dont work 'oop nurth :(

Gits tbh.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Beware they get too successful. You will probably get a great service in the early days, but that 33:1 will eventually kick in as more people join on your exchange. Additionally, their central link into the Internet will become fuller too. Still looks good value mind.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I was a bit worried by that but I figure that since UKOnline is a decent company (better than bulldog) they might keep the service decent.

/me hopes. :\

Clown

Part of the furniture
Bulldog might be a shit company, but my download speeds and ping are blazingly hot. I have no reason to talk to them.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh well then y'alright. When I was on bulldog most of the time it was fine, but when I had a problem they really took bloody ages to get it sorted, and the support desk was really not all that.

Having said that, this is over a year ago - maybe they're better now.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The referrer gets a month free too? Nice.

Sorry though, already got a mate who I said I'd refer :\

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Yussef, clear some space so I can PM you, I'll be signing up with them at the end of the month. I didnt go for bulldog in the end, I'll go for price rather than 4mb. 2mb will be fast enough. :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Utter Shit Bastards

My contract ended yesterday - so I dutifully called up and requested my migration code now that I could do so without having to pay the cancellation fee.

It turns out that I'm supposed to give 30 days notice, as such I'll be paying another months bill. I was informed that I could have cancelled earlier (when I actually requested my migration code) by giving said 30 days notice and *not* pay a 13th months bill. It strikes me that the customer billing team had been instructed to tell me about this cancellation fee despite the fact that I wasn't eligible to pay it so they could weasle out another 30 quid. Seems awfully petty but I contacted them several times, even spoke to a customer services manager all within 30 days of my final bill. None of them deigned to inform me that I COULD cancel, get my migration code, pay my 12th month bill and be done with it.

I've written a pretty damn angry e-mail to customer care and it *will* be resolved since I won't give up until it is. The point is, I'm pretty fucked off with Pipex right now >:|

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
When I migrated, my old contract was not terminated it seems. Unless it was extremely bad timing in regards to billing. I thought that when you migrated, they had to cancel the old one among themselves? I'll be on the phone to Zen tomorrow anyway.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Well - when you migrate they take it as you cancelling, though you remain connected until your new ISP takes over.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Whoo hoo!

The NTL man finally came after 2 months, replaced my settop box, and after 40 minutes trying to get it to work with a man on the phone, its running at 2mb!

yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom