4k TV

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I've bought a couple of TVs in the last few years and they've all ended up being LG for the price/performance.
( apart from one hisense for a shitty presenting monitor effectively , cuz I don't give a fuck about colours there ).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
How much for a decent OLED now? My old 1080p telly in the lounge is a bit knackered now and I'm thinking of going 4K.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm. Tempted. Anyone got other ideas?

There's a range of Samsungs with their quantum dot screen - the contrast is pretty good (blacks and picture are not quite up to the LG OLEDs) - but they are cheaper which means you could go for a 60 inch screen. Might be worth a look.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Hmm. Tempted. Anyone got other ideas?

Wij, as much as OLED is awesome, the jury is still out on stuck pixels and their longevity - the technology has come a long way, but if I was buying a set today I'd settle for a top spec LCD set (as @smurkin said, the Samsung UHD with the quantum tech - their 65" reviews very well) as the technology is much more mature.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A company wondering why all their customers just use Amazon now.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Jesus, who designed that website?

It pretty much reflects the state of the shops tbh. Presentation has never exactly been a thing for Richer Sounds.

Having said that, quality of an awful lot of consumer electronics sites is pretty ropey. If you want to see something that makes Richer Sounds look bleeding edge, take a look at this. Believe it or not, a major chain over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom