4 images per thread

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What's the point of this restriction?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's 4 images per post. Was originally put in place to keep bandwidth usage down for those on slower links.....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sorry meant post. Is it really necessary these days? How about just thwacking people who post 1MB images instead?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tom,

I have removed the limitation. If it gets abused then I will think of something else etc.

Auto spoilering images could be a doable thing....

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
php scripts that embed HD donkey pr0n* on all the offender's FH pages ... not that it has to be donkey pr0n, just bandwidth-intensive :eek:

* If you do not know where the HD donkey pr0n is, you do not deserve to be on the interwebs!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Tom,

I have removed the limitation. If it gets abused then I will think of something else etc.

Auto spoilering images could be a doable thing....

Deebs, more than 4 images is a pain for people browsing on mobile devices. Auto spoil would work.

Will

/bin/su
Auto-spoil would be a pain in the arse for my werewolf threads. :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
have a radio-button for it that only mods can manipulate?

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I don't see the need to remove the limit, it does the right job.

If you want to post more than 4 images in a single post then use the gallery and then link to it. It's a discussion forum, it's terrible having to view full size images inside threads instead of being able to view the interesting thumbnails in a gallery list.

Will

/bin/su
The limit is pretty weird anyway, since you can just post a reply to your own thread with more images. Limiting it to four does break the flow of the thread, and nothing else imo.

People should probably be more careful to spoiler images which are over a certain size, and mods could enforce it pretty easily if they aren't. We could just remove the limit and add a line or two to the CoC?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Deebs, more than 4 images is a pain for people browsing on mobile devices. Auto spoil would work.

What about '56k warning' in the thread title, that works well on other forums.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm not conerned about the bandwidth Tom, if you are browsing on a smaller screen and you click the latest post button in a thread with pictures, you have to wait for each picture to load and the screen to move past it before you get to the end of the thread.

I think a thumbnails solution would be best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom