3fg Dragon Raid Part 5(i think)

A

Avernal

they are when im involved :D... thats the hibbeh part of me kicking in, u shud know what that's like Xeanor... well a little :p

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Xeanor
Nice bureaucratic way of selecting people :eek:

People aren't allowed to gain some experience anymore lately. :(

Read the thread on Dragon Raid #4 - this was a first come first in raid, and yeah this was a fair way to select players - the problem was the raid failed twice. There will be other less bureaucratic raids im sure and thats how other people will get the experience.

Having people stand right in the middle of the other 23 members while the dragon toasts them is not nice.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Read the thread on Dragon Raid #4 - this was a first come first in raid, and yeah this was a fair way to select players - the problem was the raid failed twice. There will be other less bureaucratic raids im sure and thats how other people will get the experience.

Having people stand right in the middle of the other 23 members while the dragon toasts them is not nice.

No-one learns it on the first go.

The very first one failed too.

C

cHodAX

People aren't allowed to gain some experience anymore lately. :(

The last attempt had at least 6 first timers and I am told that the raid the day before had even more. Both were wiped out, all the previous hunts that used a majority of previous raiders were a success. I just shows that if people don't listen to orders or lack the experience of other raids it is very very easy to lose. Every single raid I have been on has had new people, the only one that failed consisted of 25% first timer. Yes people more need experience to learn how to kill the dragon but what caused the wipeouts at the weekend wasn't so much lack of experience as people not bothering to read the PBAE incoming messages or running away. At the end of the day it boils down to this, one person not doing as they were asked can cause a wipeout just by not reading the messages and running. That makes it much harder to find a winning formula as you need 24 people who are wide awake and listened to instructions.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
The last attempt had at least 6 first timers and I am told that the raid the day before had even more. Both were wiped out, all the previous hunts that used a majority of previous raiders were a success. I just shows that if people don't listen to orders or lack the experience of other raids it is very very easy to lose. Every single raid I have been on has had new people, the only one that failed consisted of 25% first timer. Yes people more need experience to learn how to kill the dragon but what caused the wipeouts at the weekend wasn't so much lack of experience as people not bothering to read the PBAE incoming messages or running away. At the end of the day it boils down to this, one person not doing as they were asked can cause a wipeout just by not reading the messages and running. That makes it much harder to find a winning formula as you need 24 people who are wide awake and listened to instructions.

Dragon can be killed with 10 people. You got 14 too many actually and the classes they are doesn't matter at all.

C

cHodAX

Dragon can be killed with 10 people. You got 14 too many actually and the classes they are doesn't matter at all.

Almost 3 hours of chopping away won't appeal to people. :)

X

Xeanor

Almost 3 hours of chopping away won't appeal to people. :)

4 RA and 4 Career stones each will ;)

K

Kahland

Hehe Avernal, why dont you remove yourself and choose me instead of your cleric then if you need experienced ppl. ^^

C

cHodAX

4 RA and 4 Career stones each will ;)

Do the math, 25 into 10 doesn't equal 4 :) Yes the reward is nice but it has only ever been done once afaik and 3 hours of having to hit/heal and then run on every dragon message is a pain, add into that the Elder pops which means another possible stumbling block every 10 mins. Frankly a 24 man hunt that takes an hour tops including getting to the dragon, killing it and lotto for the items seems much easier. Plus the prices for stones is far less when 24 people want to sell, imagine 10 people having a monopoly on them. You end up paying 7plat which is the going rate on most US servers.

K

Kahland

Do the math, 25 into 10 doesn't equal 4 :) Yes the reward is nice but it has only ever been done once afaik and 3 hours of having to hit/heal and then run on every dragon message is a pain, add into that the Elder pops which means another possible stumbling block every 10 mins. Frankly a 24 man hunt that takes an hour tops including getting to the dragon, killing it and lotto for the items seems much easier. Plus the prices for stones is far less when 24 people want to sell, imagine 10 people having a monopoly on them. You end up paying 7plat which is the going rate on most US servers.

thats what we want chodax, who the hell wants stones to go that low. :)

and then again, this raid. will fail. :)

N

-Nxs-

Anyone know what happens if a necro pet gets GLARED at, so you quickly click the [RELEASE] button ?

L

liste

would like to add, that this raid did not fail due to inexperienced people, neccesarily. The encounter was buggy. spawns every 5 minutes, 1 sec warning on aoe and other things, made it quite frankly, impossible.

Dont get too high and mighty on your 'experience chairs' folks. it's not pretty :p

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by liste
would like to add, that this raid did not fail due to inexperienced people, neccesarily. The encounter was buggy. spawns every 5 minutes, 1 sec warning on aoe and other things, made it quite frankly, impossible.

Dont get too high and mighty on your 'experience chairs' folks. it's not pretty :p

I beg to differ liste old bean :p On the last hunt on 3 occasions people didn't run or react fast enough. Yes one of the blasts came with a 1sec warning but that wasn't the one that did most damage. What annoyed me most was that people were casting very close to the edge melee range instead of under it's belly, that MAY caused more blasts and helped pull more aggro imo. We got more blasts on the last hunt than we had on two successful raids combined. That would indicated either people not following instructions or the encounter is bugged, logs show that people not reacting to 3-4 blasts was what really hurt though.

S

SoulFly Amarok

Could not sign in due to army..put me on list if a spot opens :/

G

Garaen

Sorry, i will not be able to attend tonight because of RL issue's. Sorry for the inconvenience.

R

Roalith

Bumping for tomorrow, hopefully people will run when they get glared at :p

Users who are viewing this thread