3dMark2001SE lower than it should be

B

Big G

I didn't want to hijack the other 3dmark thread, so i posted a new one.

My 3dmarks for my spec should be higher than i'm getting - but i'll be fucked if i can figure out what is wrong.

Results - 10753

You can see the spec from there. Whenever i compare against someone with a Ti4600, the non-game tests (fill rate, polygon count, vertex shader etc etc) run equal to or better than everyone elses Ti4600 (which suggests the drivers are fine and there are no bottlenecks on the gfx card).

It's the game tests, all my game tests run anywhere between 10 to 25 fps slower than everyone elses (except for nature, my nature always seems to be better).

My spec is:

Athlon 2400+ at 2700+ (2.15 GHz)
Creative Labs GF4 Ti4400 at Ti4600 (300/650)
512 Meg PC2100 RAM
Dets 40.72 (tried newer and older to no avail)
Asus A7V-266
Windows XP Professional
1024*768*32 no FSAA

I have a feeling it might be because i'm on 266 instead of 333, but i looked at comparisons of chipsets on tomshardon.com with the 333 chipsets giving about another 400 odd marks over the 266 boards - nowhere near the 2000 odd that some are getting with Ti4600 and a lesser CPU.

Argh, someone shed some light.

/waits for embattle.

Gaz

B

bids

That isn't a bad score G. I get about 12000 (+- 500), with a 2.6 PIV, TI4600, PC2700, Win2k. When I moved from PC2100 to 2700, there was no noticeable change in score. Sometimes I can run the test, and for no apparent reason the score will drop by a good 500 points. This is also the case with GLexcess (the openGL benchmark).

Wouldn't worry about benchmarking - I used to obsess about my 3DMark score, but as has been said many times on these forums, as long as your games run ok - no worries.

E

Embattle

I do agree with bids to some extent although you should actually get about the same as him in terms of Marks.

Have you got the latest VIA 4-in-1?

B

Big G

K cheers for suggestions guys - all games run fine, so i shall shush from now on.

Embattle: yeah i thought that was one of the probs, so i downloaded the VIA Hyperion 4in1 4.45's (latest i could find) but they made no difference (give of take 50 marks)? Was worth a shot though to iron out any possible problem/bottleneck

Cheers again.

Gaz

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom