3D Design

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Ok, so last week I started my 1 year course of 3D design which eventually will tunr into 3D Game design and a year out in Australia or England.

I had never touched a 3D program before until on monday, and I wondering if anyone could perhaps show me some of the work they've made?

Personally I've worked with 3D Studio Max (School program) since monday now and I only know the basics so far, but after 3 days of working with it I think it's rather good :)

PS: Quality might not be good as I had to convert it in paint :(

attachment.php

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Friend abusing my acc :p

This is what i have made in maya an 3dmax, just some old pictures i just found on my computer :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Oh damn :D

Hope I can make stuff like that soon :p

well, it ain't bad after 3 days of working with the program though? :D

Edit: Something I just made :)

So proud ^^

attachment.php

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Oh damn

Hope I can make stuff like that soon

well, it ain't bad after 3 days of working with the program though?

Edit: Something I just made :)

So proud ^^

attachment.php

he has been playing with the programs for many years :) but everything is self learnt tho :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
HAven't touched the thing in ages, after i went from 3d design to concept design in the industry.

But here's one way back when:

Clicky

And another in low polygon modelling, even got in the game art book one year:

Clicky 2

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Ok, so last week I started my 1 year course of 3D design which eventually will tunr into 3D Game design and a year out in Australia or England.

I had never touched a 3D program before until on monday, and I wondering if anyone could perhaps show me some of the work they've made?

Personally I've worked with 3D Studio Max (School program) since monday now and I only know the basics so far, but after 3 days of working with it I think it's rather good :)

PS: Quality might not be good as I had to convert it in paint :(

attachment.php

For a couple of days work you're doing awesome mate. However I'm worried about that fact that you're doing that kind of stuff in 3D studio max but then use paint to convert it :p

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
For a couple of days work you're doing awesome mate. However I'm worried about that fact that you're doing that kind of stuff in 3D studio max but then use paint to convert it :p

Only reason I did that was because I got myself a new computer and got no other converting program available :p

I needed a smaller file than the one I rendered to be able to attach it on FH :p

But I love critique, especially good one :D

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
some stuff i made, nothing that special since im not really specialized in 3D stuff:

gun1.jpg

(limit was 500 faces)

VERY LOW POLY plants

flora3.jpg

flora4.jpg

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
never really finished this one: its a land/sea/air transformer vehicle thing, limit was 1500-2000 faces or smt
trans1.jpg

trans2.jpg

trans3.jpg

and i also made my own little crappy shooter game with my own models, heres a screenie:

shooterscreen.jpg

(oh and all are made with 3dsmax)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Teach me how to make leaves like the one you got on your tree :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Teach me how to make leaves like the one you got on your tree

Just planes with an alphachannel textures.
Play with the options under Extended Parameters in the Material Editor.

About your scene:
It´s very good for your first step. Try to add shadows to your renderings though, it will always boost the realisitc impression of a scene. (In fact.. shadows are THE deciding factor of every image).
Add a different texture to the surface of the table. It´s looking too "vague" at them moment, a bit too diffuse.

Oh.. and avoid repetitions of significant texture elements like the wood structure of the TV desk thingy on the right.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
ok.. here are some of my images

clicky1

clicky2

I`m actually a 2D artist, so I`m using 3DS Max for modelling, make some rough texture mappings, render it and do the rest in Photoshop.
That´s how those two images were made. The drawback of this is, that you´re getting kinda spoiled as a 3D artist, because polycount doesn´t matter. :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:
You just <3 teh tea pot don't you?

Fucking perv :(

It's not teh tea pot i love, its what you do with the teapot that i love my dutch amigo :cool:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
It's a friendly bump to show something I made today :)

Been going on for a couple of weeks now, think it's coming along quite nicely :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
This is my last try at making Excalibur :p

Was fun trying to make the stone and the sword :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom