360 Renown Points for an enemy banner capture?

Ayam Ganbatte

Fledgling Freddie
Last night I managed to snag an enemy guild banner. I got 360 renown points, which is -kinda- nice. I checked my packs. There was nothing there. I checked the viper pit for signs of a captured enemy banner. There was nothing there. Am I looking for something extra that doesn't exist? Is the renown point reward the only reward? I think you either have to be extremely coordinated or extremely lucky to be able to grab one of these (it takes around 15 seconds to capture one, it seems); grabbing it gave some renown points, nice, but other than that it didn't even seem to unlock a title.

YouTube - Warhammer Online Banner Capture

exponentiaL

Fledgling Freddie
You could have made more exp+renown during that minute. How rewarding. :'[

eksdee

FH is my second home
would be really nice if you got them as trophies to display somewhere... infact give guild/player housing to display them in too! :>

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
i thought you were once suposed to get banner scraps that could be traded to npcs?

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
don't think they put that in, you do get a group buff for capturing a banner but i can't remember what it is atm :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
My group got 600 rp last time we took a banner :p

Ayam Ganbatte

Fledgling Freddie
My group got 600 rp last time we took a banner :p
You always were a git! ;) The chap we captured it from was green to me, that probably factors into the lower realm point bonus for me. I didn't notice a morale increase, though.

I had heard things about being able to decorate guild halls with captured banners, kinda like what eksdee said, but I guess that was beta-phase hype. And like exponential seems to imply, it's not really worth the bother of trying to capture a banner at the moment unless it's just sitting there undefended. I don't mean to seem moany about this, more that I can't wait to see more implemented around banner capturing to make it more worthwhile. Thanks for the link, penlid, will take a nice read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom