30 second post time and slow posting...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/off...nds-between-posts-please-try-again-30-se.html

As above, could we maybe reduce the time between posts to 10 or 15 seconds for users that have been here a while? Maybe go by date joined or number of posts? Or make it a benefit of subscribing?

Also the big football threads in the OT forums - it takes ages to post to them! You posts, and it loads, and loads, and loads some more, then takes a while to reload the page. Page timer shows it has not taken that long though. Is this a problem because of the size of the threads? It does not happen on smaller threads.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Out of curiosity - how do you make a meaningful post in 15 seconds or less?

Maybe I'm just an old grumpy Internet user who believes forums should be used for discussion and not spamming... :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
when you're having a talk at near-irc speed hehe or having to post lots of stuff you prepared earlier like images or tables and whatnot.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also the big football threads in the OT forums - it takes ages to post to them! You posts, and it loads, and loads, and loads some more, then takes a while to reload the page. Page timer shows it has not taken that long though. Is this a problem because of the size of the threads? It does not happen on smaller threads.
Agreed, tested and it does seem to take significantly longer.

Do you use post or quickpost fella as I only found it did that with quickpost?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I use quick post, very rarely use post.

edit:// I'll try it with post a few times today and see if the results are the same.

It's not just posting, it's editing and deleting posts as well.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmm, one for T then methinks. I definitely had it with quick post but the others you've mentioned didn't give me any problems.

Soz fella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom