Hurrah! I hope it gets pushed in stores well, sounds good to me :D

J

Jonny_Darko

Does anyone read PC Gamer?

New issue out Friday ;)

C

Ch3tan

No. :/

Need more GAME.NET stuff in your stores, it really is poorly pushed and advertised. Little stickers on the boxes are not enough information. Window banners and leaflets are needed.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Ch3tan
No. :/

Need more GAME.NET stuff in your stores, it really is poorly pushed and advertised. Little stickers on the boxes are not enough information. Window banners and leaflets are needed.

But when where would Lara Croft's Generic Climbing and Jumping Adventure 5 be pushed?

D

Deadmanwalking

Pushed into the bin, where it belongs.

T

The_Sheriff

Up Lara Crofts arse, slowly, inch by inch, until her voice went all squeaky, and she pants like she wants more.

J

Jonny_Darko

Originally posted by The_Sheriff
Up Lara Crofts arse, slowly, inch by inch

What like "Ugh...one....ugh...two... ..." ?

T

The_Sheriff

Originally posted by Jonny_Darko
What like "Ugh...one....ugh...two... ..." ?

No.
Like this.

<WHACK!> one
<WHACK!> two
<WHACK! SPLIT!> three
<WHACK! BLEED!> four
<WHACK! SQUEAL!> five
<WHACK! EEEEK!> six
"Had enough Miss Jolie?"
"Oh no Mr Sheriff, give me more"
<WHACK! OOOOH!> seven
<WHACK! OOOOO!> eight
"That's your lot love, all gone."

W

Wij

I'm going to grass to your wife via the interweb !!!

T

The_Sheriff

What? because of my sick fantasies?
Any way I'm sure Miss Jolie would enjoy it.

L

~Lazarus~

wij is just jealous cos he would need to stop after 2 inches

C

Cdr

Does anyone read PC Gamer?

New issue out Friday ;)

PC GAMER!? Nooooooooooooooo

They are evil, they are the devil, let us all join hands an exorcise the evil spirits!

T

The_Sheriff

I wonder if Miss Jolie would like a rolled up PC Gamer up her Arse?

O

old.Fweddy

Miss. Jolie loves me and got a tattoo to prove it. Leave her alone.

C

Ch3tan

Jonny seriously, there is a lack of effort that has been highlighted before when it comes to the advertising of game.net. An add in PC Gamer is not enough. Cover all the bases, do PC Zone as well, Pc Format wouldn't hurt either.

And no one from GAME ever gives an answer when asked why the service is pushed so badly in GAME.NET stores. As a paying subscriber I would like other people to play against, and as even the preview servers don't help there maybe its time to spend a bit more time and money selling it in store.

J

Jonny_Darko

We've said it before and we'll say it again.

Big things are going to happen. They're closer than they were before.

However, we can't, as was reasoned before, tell you what these things are going to be.

And please don't think we're daft enough to think that an ad in Gamer is the be-all and end-all of our plans...we're not quite that dumb ;).

C

Ch3tan

But these big plans have taken so long that the first subscribers were given another year free. Now this loyalty bonus sin't unappreciated, but the big things planned are taking to long to come. Mentioning you have plans and not seeing them just makes it more annoying when the servers are sitting empty.

At the moment GAME.NET doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and if I as a subscriber feel like that, how are you hoping to attract new users?

P

Panda On Smack

basically we are getting bored waiting.

J

Jonny_Darko

Have the preview servers not helped ensure you have somewhere to play?

BTW, I don't want to kick off again like we did a couple of months back.

/me is still recovering from the stress

O

old.Fweddy

And please don't think we're daft enough to think that an ad in Gamer is the be-all and end-all of our plans...we're not quite that dumb ;).

I can just imagine a midnight brainstorming session between all the GAME peeps and then Jonny leaping to his feet and shouting "Eureka! We'll put an ad in PCGamer!" :)

C

Ch3tan

Not really. They work for a few of the newer mods. ET, and NS preview servers always seem to be busy. This is simply because the servers came up relatively quickly with the release of the game, when there were few alternatives.

For the established games things are harder, there are more servers alreayd there and many people already have their favourites and won't even see the GAME ones. The CS (no matter what people think its still the most played online game) preview server sits empty night after night, only filled on community nights -and even then for a very short amount of time. The preview servers are the right idea but too late. People who used to play here have found other alternatives, and its going to be very hard to get them back now.

New users are probably the answer, but until these "big plans" happen, we probably wont get thoose either.

E

ECA

Have the preview servers not helped ensure you have somewhere to play?

No, the maplist is shocking. ( CS servers anyway )

EDIT: there are around 10 maps for CS that dont make people quit the server.

Its easy enough to get people in, just need a few in there to start with, but as soon as the bad maps arrive, everyone will bugger off.

M

mr.Blacky

Well I am a subscriber and I love what Game has done with the preview server :) (well for ET).

M

MYstIC G

Is this false advertising? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread