2x no loot @ raids, getting sick of this

[CF]Gwareli

Fledgling Freddie
kk, 2 times we raided some around in hib/exc.

HYDRA == NO LOOT DUE ZONECRASH :touch:

DRAGON == NO LOOT, JUST NOTHING TO FIND... ( BUG ) :wij:

whats the point of this! grmbl!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Goa need to sort their act out, its pointless doing large raids atm until they fix this beta game :/

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
bah that's bollox gwar , don't give up , you're doing a damn fine job

censi

Can't get enough of FH
guys, flag it with GOA and Im sure they will check out what happend.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye, just file a report to RightNow and they'll hopefully look into it - at least that's their official stance on it, unless I've mixed it up with Mythic's.

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
If you do have questions you wished answered then don't hesitate to post them here. You can also contact me at erivoss@goa.com and I'll answer any "sensible" questions you have.

Above posted by Erivoss himself.

- Ttillub

Keriwin

Fledgling Freddie
ok firstly - whoever lead the dragon raid (if experienced at it) should have known that there is and always has been a bug with the dragon that loot cannot be picked up if the dragon died on the pad - this bug i am now sure has never been been brought to the attention of GoA

secondly - a zone crash isnt GoAs fault imo... its not their fault if the game (MADE by Mythic) cannot handle the amount of people attacking Hydra (imo hardest mob in Hibernia) - even still GoA does give their best they can to the game.

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
:( again.

But can we pay more attention on the way there please?
Not good when someone dies right next to the zerg and you all walk off without a rez. Then they ask in cg nicely for a rezz and noone comes back. A ranger stays with me and asks for rezz also and still noone comes back. Finally a warden comes along and the 3 of us try to get back to the zerg and all die to rather a lot of orange adds.
So we have 3 dead peeps not far from dragon, 2 of which are very important classes (warden and 44 ench chanter), all asking for a rezz and noone comes back.
But if someone goes LD then everyone stands around for 5 minutes waiting for them but a short run to rezz someone is too much trouble? I dont see the logic there.
:cheers:

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
Keriwin said:
ok firstly - whoever lead the dragon raid (if experienced at it) should have known that there is and always has been a bug with the dragon that loot cannot be picked up if the dragon died on the pad - this bug i am now sure has never been been brought to the attention of GoA

secondly - a zone crash isnt GoAs fault imo... its not their fault if the game (MADE by Mythic) cannot handle the amount of people attacking Hydra (imo hardest mob in Hibernia) - even still GoA does give their best they can to the game.

Hmm do you work for GOA?

Basically if theres a bug it should be fixed full stop.

Also a zone crash is GoAs fault, they provide the servers and network infrastructure, which obviously isnt up to the job. So again what you on about. Also we pay a LOT of money as subs for this shoddy service.

GoA givf drops and fix the problems.

[CF]Gwareli

Fledgling Freddie
Keriwin said:

Dragonloot drops on the pad, wich we tested raid before.
Secondly, zonecrash was after we killed hydra, it just cant stand the amount of people...

k

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Keriwin said:

The servers are supplied and run by GOA, not Mythic. If the server cannot handle a certain amount of payers in a zone then it is down to GOA, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Mythic.

Edit - Dammit Coccas :)

Keriwin

Fledgling Freddie
[CF]Gwareli said:
Dragonloot drops on the pad, wich we tested raid before.
Secondly, zonecrash was after we killed hydra, it just cant stand the amount of people...

k

sometimes it is unpickupable - found that a few times on albion/pryd - ask Yussef

Keriwin

Fledgling Freddie
f1sty said:
Hmm do you work for GOA?

Basically if theres a bug it should be fixed full stop.

no i dont but i do think GoA do an amazing job for the amount of shit people deal to them. they have to deal with bugs in 3 different countries remember.

ever thought the US has server problems and crashes? yes, most probably a lot, can't be helped on a on-line game

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
"no i dont but i do think GoA do an amazing job for the amount of shit people deal to them. they have to deal with bugs in 3 different countries remember.

ever thought the US has server problems and crashes? yes, most probably a lot, can't be helped on a on-line game"

- Keriwin

Lets see, GOA is getting paid €12 each month per subscription, yet manages to provide a server stability which is worse than that of ie. Blizzard's Battle.net (which is 100% FREE), altho their customer service is probably a little better.

It's possibly that you've been hired to sprout out GOA propaganda or something, however from my point of view, it ain't that hard to see who's getting the short end of the stick...

Devaster

Fledgling Freddie
Again and for last time:

Mythik is _NOT_ the developer of the Dark Age of Camelot source code.
The engine and source code was made by small company named Turbine Software and was sold to Mythik. Now Turbine is working on the new age of MMORPG's. (mythik ordered it)

f1sty

Fledgling Freddie
Devaster said:
Again and for last time:

Mythik is _NOT_ the developer of the Dark Age of Camelot source code.
The engine and source code was made by small company named Turbine Software and was sold to Mythik. Now Turbine is working on the new age of MMORPG's. (mythik ordered it)

Well obviously Mythic are the developers now :) Now they own the source they will work on additions to it. Lots of companies sell their source code etc to other companies, who then continue the development of the software. Happens all the time, just not usally in games industry.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
The servers are supplied and run by GOA, not Mythic. If the server cannot handle a certain amount of payers in a zone then it is down to GOA, it has nothing whatsoever to do with Mythic.

its not quite as simple as that tbh. GOA will run a platform accordingly to Mythics specification. They dont suddenly decide that they will upgrade the servers to a new G2 uber cluster or something without following a recomended spec. Capacity is always a tricky issue on mmrpgs. The server design is segmented to try and get around this problem. The issue is sometimes when theres lot of activity in one zone that a particular peice of hardware cant cope with the load and im guessing its CPU load thats the culpret. its not really a simple thing to fix. you have to take a tender hooks approach when trying to address these type of issues or you can end up making things worse.

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
PJS said:
:( again.

But can we pay more attention on the way there please?
Not good when someone dies right next to the zerg and you all walk off without a rez. Then they ask in cg nicely for a rezz and noone comes back. A ranger stays with me and asks for rezz also and still noone comes back. Finally a warden comes along and the 3 of us try to get back to the zerg and all die to rather a lot of orange adds.
So we have 3 dead peeps not far from dragon, 2 of which are very important classes (warden and 44 ench chanter), all asking for a rezz and noone comes back.
But if someone goes LD then everyone stands around for 5 minutes waiting for them but a short run to rezz someone is too much trouble? I dont see the logic there.
:cheers:

As I was driving the zerg through EZ i felt very terrible at that point. Bear in mind that I have 60+ people all stuck to me, so I can't go for ress-trips myself, so I usually wait. At that specific point I asked if a group would go for a ress and waited. From that point on I can only work with the information people give me, so after (roughly) 3 minutes of awkward silence I hoped the resses were done and decided to move on.

As a driver you always have to achieve a balance between speed and safety for the raiders, and since we were moving without any speed I was guessing everyone would be able to cath up with speed/end from their groups, but unfotunately the afk-factor during the "getting there" is way too high :/

Oh well, let's hope it doesn't happen again ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Shrye said:
Lets see, GOA is getting paid €12 each month per subscription, yet manages to provide a server stability which is worse than that of ie. Blizzard's Battle.net (which is 100% FREE), altho their customer service is probably a little better.

and if YOU had any clue what so ever about what the hell u are talking about then you would know that battle.net and MMORPG server(s) like in DAoC is 2 COMPLETLY diffrent thgings..

i dont know enuff to explain it but i DO know that u cant compare battle.net and GOA's servers like that coz they aint built the same.. not even remotly the same...

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
"and if YOU had any clue what so ever about what the hell u are talking about then you would know that battle.net and MMORPG server(s) like in DAoC is 2 COMPLETLY diffrent thgings..

i dont know enuff to explain it but i DO know that u cant compare battle.net and GOA's servers like that coz they aint built the same.. not even remotly the same..."

- Ctuchik

I do have a clue, thank you. The servers you're thinking on, when I'm talking about Battle.net servers, is their modulated IRC servers, their only duties is to list games available and for the majority of their games, to make people connect to each other (P2P) - however! That ain't the case for their hosted Diablo2 servers, each server happens to host numerous amounts of games (or are you going to tell me, that they got one box for each game they'll host?).

Each DAoC "server" is actually a cluster of 5 servers (6 with ToA), 1 for each realm, 1 for the dungeons and 1 for SI. These servers are hosting 1 game with numerous connections, capable of running seperately (since everyone doesn't get kicked off when 1 server goes down).

So the difference is only: The amount of games hosted? ... k - now, if only they'd redo their networking and put the RvR zones on seperate server(s), so that the amount of people wouldn't add up so drasticly.

... oh, and before you wajn even more: They actually do happen to be getting quite some cash from their customers?

(btw, you're wrong - you can compare just about everything, the amount of stuff the subjects may have in common can be very little - however, doesn't seem to be the case here, eh)

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
So the difference is only: The amount of games hosted? ... k - now, if only they'd redo their networking and put the RvR zones on seperate server(s), so that the amount of people wouldn't add up so drasticly.

Yeah, just a wave of the magic wand and *poof* it's all done. The servers are fine (otherwise they'd crash when there's 30 people on the screen) it's the SOFTWARE (ie Mythic's code) that can't handle that many players in one place at the same time. Software crashes -> server (or the specific machine being used depending on the zone) crashes.

If you don't believe me go look at the VN boards and ask the US players if they have crashes. There was a link to a thread about this a while back (when excalibur was up and down like a yo-yo) too but cba to look for it now and have to go to work.

Harle

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings,

We have investigated the incidents and found that your report is correct, and we have recreated the bugged items of Cuuldurach. The only items dropped by Myrddraxis were 2x Barkbound Invoker Staff and 1x Mindbound Invoker Staff. These are randomly generated items (unique drops) and we can not replace those.

The items have been given to Gwareli for distribution as requested.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
/victory

now ask goa to give some cool drops for the hydra, cus just two rog items is sad :p

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
"Yeah, just a wave of the magic wand and *poof* it's all done. The servers are fine (otherwise they'd crash when there's 30 people on the screen) it's the SOFTWARE (ie Mythic's code) that can't handle that many players in one place at the same time. Software crashes -> server (or the specific machine being used depending on the zone) crashes."

- Ssera

Where'd I state wether it was a software or a hardware disfunctionality? Do you work for any of those companies (Mythic, GOA, BUFF or CTO@Net I believe), since you can so easily pinpoint it down to a software malfunction? Oh, not to forget: You do know that everyone on the same server is almost guaranteed to add up combined, to cause a crash (That is, Odin's, Jamtland, Yggdra, Uppland, Mularn, Muspel, E+W Svealand, Rauma, Gotar, Myrkwood, Skona, Vanern and the gazillion SMs in Malmo - 14 zones)? Esp. considering that the same amount of people has been seen in the past, in the same "zone".

Or do you think it's completely coincidental, that the Frontiers is going to be hosted seperately from the PvE areas?

"If you don't believe me go look at the VN boards and ask the US players if they have crashes. There was a link to a thread about this a while back (when excalibur was up and down like a yo-yo) too but cba to look for it now and have to go to work."

- Ssera

I'm fully aware of the US servers crashing as well, and under normal circumstances I don't have any problems with GOA's downtime (well, apart from the immediate frustration that a crash should happen when I want to play ;)). However, the December series was way over the top, esp. since they didn't even have someone on call-duty :eek7:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom