2H weapon sucks?

B

belth

Originally posted by K0nah
It affects casted stuns not melee stuns (for some reason?!)

Melee stuns don't have damage type and are harder to execute due to having to be at pointblank range. If they were affected by resists, they'd be useless.

C

Chuffy

50 Pole, 50 crush/slash 23 shield. And some other stuff.

You hit things really really really hard.

No slam but what good is it anyway. Any good tank has determination 2 or 3 so it will only last 6 seconds or so. The delay on a shield is at least 4 so you get 2 free hits on average. But wait you've got high shield so you hit like a girl. Net profit of slamming tanks = bugger all.

So maybe you should stick to saving casters from enemy tanks, well with some clever navigating you can use the rear shield stun (23 shield) which lasts 5 sec ish, alot less than slam but enough for a caster to get out of range.

Slam also used for chasing people, well unless they run away from you sideways like some sort of crab person you can use that handy rear slam thing.

This spec allows you to fight in PvE grps too. Guard 3 just makes life so much easier and I block way more than the game says I should. 1 in 6 is more like 1 in 3.

Polearms are useless for PvE, you hardly ever parry and the Dmg isnt much of an improvment over one hand considering the delay and lack of style choice.

This is my opinion however and im not saying 44pole 44secondry 42shield is bad. These two are the decent choice for an Armsman who wants to RvR well. High shield is for PvE if you ask me.

K

Kagato.

Pole isn't good for PvE ? lol with that damage out put nothing can take aggro of me other then a paladins heal chant, and the damage is insane, only a friar can come close and thats only if you count it over a long period off time.

As for slam, people seem to forget that the polearm skill Defenders Revenge has a LONG duration stun on it, I admit you have to use Defenders Rage first, but both are very powerful RvR skills and Rage has bleed on it too.

Personally im going 50 Polearm, 50 Thrust, 28 Parry, 5 Shield (only for Guard during sieges) and 4 Crossbow as thats whats left over.

and a few levels of mastery of parrying soon takes your Parry up for alot more then skill points give you back, and don't forget two-handed weapons get double the chance to parry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom