2h rvr pala

Discussion in 'Albion' started by Vandrakken, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Vandrakken

Vandrakken Fledgling Freddie

Yo!

Anyone know a good 2h pala rvr spec? (if there even is one). I know bugger all about palas and want to make one 2h ideally.

Any hints with stats and or a template would also be appreciated.

tia

2. - English -

- English - Resident Freddy

if u want damage go armsmen ;)

3. Vandrakken

That would mean making another 50 char which i rly cba to do. My cousin made a 50 pala on my acc a while back and thought i would give it a try in rvr but these days you need a half decent spec/temp to even stand a chance of walking out the front door >_<

4. friky

friky Fledgling Freddie

theres 2 ways to do this mate, theres old school way , with having slam , and the new way wich people do not use slam, imo past RR6 you can offord slam, but before go somehing like 50 2h , 34-44 weapon ( depends on what chants you want ) and rest chants

5. Sorin

Sorin Banned

Don't think that a two hand pally is a good idea tbh.. but if you insist, i would say 50 two-hand and 50 weapon "with skill modifiers" , 44 chants, rest parry.

6. Megalodon

Megalodon Fledgling Freddie

2H is nice if you playing FG as 2H styles are mostly positionals. I would spec as suggest above 50 2H, 50 weapon with skill, highest och next highest celerity.

For solo/duo spec S/S.

7. Vandrakken

Interesting feedback.. what would you mates say is the best solo pala rvr spec full stop be it s/s or 2h. I like the idea of 2h but if it means I get owned every duel then might be forced to rethink that one.

8. Megalodon

With doublespeccing you are left with very low (~10) in parry giving you no defense what so ever. In a solofight they will hit you alomost every time and as a pally you cant do enough damage that fast.

S/S spec: 42+ shield, 44 chant, 40+ melee

9. Vandrakken

44 slash will give me saphire slash with points remaining (after 42 shield and 44 chant).. not enough for 50, better to drop those points in slash anyway or put in parry?

fek gota go work now also so will pick this up in evening.. thx for help so far tho m8s , has given me some useful tips for a pala nooblar

10. Megalodon

Parry is calculated before block. With blocking you got a nice reactive style in Riposte and you have procs on your shield. I would go with either higher shield or slash.

11. Kinetix

Kinetix Can't get enough of FH

have you ever tryed this spec?

42 shield ( slam )
    34+11(45 at rr1) slash ( Ripost + Beddufler )
    29+11(40 at rr1) 2H ( bone bruiser + bone breaker + bone spliter and back style with snare )
    44 chants ( Last celerity )
    rest parry

12. Megalodon

At low RR you will have too low WS to be able to hit (and land a slam) and when you land a slam you will not do enough damage. And with your S/S up you will hit like a little school girl.

13. Kinetix

Kinetix Can't get enough of FH

My mincer has 29 slash and never had trouble hitting so 34 slash should be more then enough. Slam wasnt made for doing damage since it drains too much end but even if you try to spam it cause it didnt land or want to do more....welll your a pally....end is what you have more :p

Anyways ill try it soon and post the results

14. kivik

kivik Part of the furniture

Hmm isn't it just fine to go high Two Handed and keep slash/thrust/crush low? Or do you need to spec in that weapon type you use twohanded? Bit confused :mad:

15. aika

aika Can't get enough of FH

you need to double spec in albion, kiv.. You can't leave slash/crush low.. it works like CS line and Weapon line like on stealthers for example.

16. kivik

Oh, damn :mad:

But if I make an armsman and go Polearm, I don't need to spec a weapon type or? :)

17. aika

aika Can't get enough of FH

you do :) If you use slash or crush pole, you need to have composite 50 in the correct weapon line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kivik

righto, thanks :)

19. Megalodon

I was refering to your post on splitspec and that usually involves slam and then 2H positionals for damage. I didnt mean doiong damage with slam. :)

20. Vandrakken

thx for the feedback, seems 42shield and 44chant are top priority. Will 4X Slash give decent dmg?

21. RaZieL SoulReaver

RaZieL SoulReaver Fledgling Freddie

well im about to try 50 slash 42 shield 42 chants rest parry think its about 10 red end chant rest yellow except magic ablative is purple but the 40 dmg one

22. Danamyr

Danamyr Fledgling Freddie

Nice 1v1 we had on my Scout the other day when we were both XP artifacts at those hag things near Bled :)

23. Danamyr

Danamyr Fledgling Freddie

You never use the magic ablative in RVR anyway.

I twist four chants: Heal, Celerity, Dmg Add and End.

24. kivik

Ah so that was you! :)

Yup was great, actually wanted you to execute me with your mighty bow but great fight anyways, glad you won :)

25. Exilon

Exilon Loyal Freddie

Sounds to me like u want a good pala..regardless of its spec,if u really want a 2hand pala then just do it,stop worrying about dmg and stuff..u know damn well 2hand swords look sweet! :D

26. Vandrakken

You kinda got it right there.. just looking for the best rvr pala spec 2h or 1h. I guessed 2h would deal more dmg but at the cost of other things.. seems maybe best way to winning most 1 on 1 duels is s/s. I did see a post on VN about using high parry high shield high chant and medium to low skill for a higher chance of a decent duel. I know bugger all about palas tho >_<

27. Sorin

Sorin Banned

Well, if you really want a fotm pally, forget all about chants and stick to heal pots/end pots and haste pots.. with an imba spec like 50 weap, 50, block and 40 parry or so.

You might aswell make an arms tho then.

28. Beltorak

Beltorak Fledgling Freddie

If you wanna know something about pallys Megalodon is your Oracle tbh. I hade a pally (Agamir) while back and solod to rr4 (low i know but dont play it much). I find surviving between Slam timers to be winning concept (and using 4 leg weps so you can switch). I am 50 shield + 11 skill + MoB3 and got crafted shield with sidi heal proc on it, can use the Magma also but crafted has higher utilility cuz of +3 shield on sigill. Its a fun char to gimp around with but it gets very frustrated :)

29. Smellysox

Smellysox One of Freddy's beloved

Can talk about this all night to be honest if i could roll again i would roll an arms as end pots make them the shi$ when it comes to RVR.