2gb ram > 1gb ram ?

E

Efour

Does daoc perform alot better with 2gb or is it overkill ?

cheers.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
simple answer is yes.

more in depth answer is, it depends what you do.

You will notice more of a difference when thereis lots of people around. Say MLraid with 150+ people or huge zergs in rvr.

Running around normally I doubt you would notice much difference.

2gb is worth it imo, but if you have other components that need upgrading, I would do those first (for example gfx card or processor).

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh 2 gig of ram is always going to be a bonus over 1gig, and now prices of ram have dropped significantly the little extra is worth it. May i reccomend geil 2x 1gb sticks aswell :)

E

Efour

yeah i dunno why i asked its a stupid thing really :)

yeah my pcs alright 7800gtx and amd64 @ 2700mhz

just didnt think after a bit of cache-ing that there was too much to do

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i just bought myself a new 1gb stick to get me at 2gb's :)

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I have 2 gig in main pc, you wont hear me complaine, if its better then 1 gig? I have no idea :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Efour said:
do you notice a big improvement?

haha cant say just yet, its being mailed to me from overclockers so i will update this when i've fitted it

Anny

Fledgling Freddie
i run 2 machines 1 with 1gb and a 3.8mhz HT P4 and the other with 2gb and a standard 2.4mhz P4

neither setup has any trouble no matter how many zergs are about but the one running 2gb ram does zone and load into game about 40% faster

but i plan to upgrade both to 4gb when i get paid its something ive been planning on doing for about a year lol and im fed up waiting

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
if u run a bb on same comp 2gb should help, otherwise it'll do nothing.

simple way to find out if u need more ram, play a full night/days daoc then just before u exit the game, alt-tab and check task manager memory usage, if its over 1gb u need more :)

(single client never goes over 1gb unless massive zerging and you've toured/loaded every zone in the game)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
1 gb ram is fine for any cilent - toa/catas/dr but does lag slightly in big zergs.

2 gb ram will give you tht tiny bit less fps lag and the ability to zone etc. quicker and load up encounters that spawn or whateva.

Basically, yes, 2 gb ram > 1 gb especially now that dr states that the recommended requirements for one dr account on a comp. is 1 gb ram.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
yeah 2gb is so much nicer, its slightly faster on normal tasks but when you have tons of people on the screen thats where you see the improvement.

well worth it imo

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
been a long time since i been in any shops with pc's etc so can u now buy a stick that has 1gig on it?and how much do they usally cost now now?

confused

Can't get enough of FH
For an average pc3200 stick from OCuk its about £55-60, a slightly nicer Geil one is £65 :D, though i can only see the availability of 2x 1gig sticks..

Edit: found sticks from Corsair, in their value range of £64 and crucial for £61

E

Efour

Ive used Corsair value select and had no problems OCing it to about 230mhz keeping the default timings and voltage

For the record, its good for budget ram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom