2500 banned for cheating...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
As part of our continuing commitment to keep World of Warcraft free from abuse, we have permanently banned more than 2500 accounts during the last several weeks which were involved in the use of cheats and/or hacks using third-party software or were otherwise violating our Terms of Use. We will continue to take an aggressive stance to ensure that the gaming environment remains an enjoyable place for our customers by actively pursuing those who would seek to violate the principle of fair-play, as well as breach our Terms of Use and policies in this way.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. Should you have reason to believe that you have evidence of or information regarding the use of cheats or hacks, please feel free to send us an email at WoWAccountReviewEU@blizzard.com for us to investigate or submit a GM ticket in-game

seems like alot of cheaters :(

but i suppose if they are spread over all the servers....

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Considering the sheer number of active accounts Blizzard reports, 2500 seems like a tiny number, at least they're banning people though, it makes me all warm and, erm, fuzzy.

Wonder how many Warden misses though.

Gray

FH is my second home
Should make the queues a bit smaller at least...

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
2500 out of like 1 million? Drop in the ocean (thankfully!)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ormorof said:
seems like alot of cheaters :(

but i suppose if they are spread over all the servers....

compared to the ammount of servers thats running here in europe i'm surprised there wasent more of them. theres almost half a million subscribers in europe (i think i read somwhere). so 2500 cheaters is VERY little.

probably a bunch that blizzard havent spotted yet to.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
2500 is still 2500 too many though.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
I've been happily cheating for the past year. Fish bots are a god send. Just ask my Chinese Gold farmer friend.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Dommers said:
I've been happily cheating for the past year. Fish bots are a god send. Just ask my Chinese Gold farmer friend.
Bad boy, bad boy, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when he comes for you?

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Dommers said:

Im glad you are part of this community.

I know someone on my server who got his account banned for similar offences so hopefully yours should come through soon :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dommers said:
Yes. I'm also the queen of england.

well that'll be some publicity for blizzard!

BREAKING NEWS: QUEENIE PLAYS WOW! IS LEVEL 60 ROGUE, QUICK GET CHARLES IN! HE'S JUST A PALLY!

Balan

Fledgling Freddie
FuzzyLogic said:
Considering the sheer number of active accounts Blizzard reports, 2500 seems like a tiny number, at least they're banning people though, it makes me all warm and, erm, fuzzy.

Wonder how many Warden misses though.

umm no comment

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure where 2500 came from but WoW has just announced over the last 1-2 months it has banned 18,000 accounts... which to me is a lot! ;)

In keeping with Blizzard's aggressive stance against cheating in World of Warcraft, we have permanently closed more than 18,000 accounts over the past three months for participating in activities that violate the game's Terms of Use.

A majority of these accounts were found to be using third-party programs to farm gold and items. Such actions can severely impact the economy of a realm and the overall game enjoyment for all players.

We will continue to actively monitor all World of Warcraft realms in order to protect the service and its players from the negative effects of cheating. Please note that selling World of Warcraft content, such as gold, items, and characters, can result in the permanent removal of the involved accounts from World of Warcraft.

A portion of the account closures announced today came as the result of tips reported to our GMs in game or emailed to hacks@blizzard.com by legitimate World of Warcraft players. If you suspect that a World of Warcraft character is using an illegal third-party program to farm gold or items, or is otherwise violating our Terms of Use, please report the suspected infraction via one of the means listed above. All reports will be investigated, and those that prove false will not result in corrective action.

Thank you for your continued support, and good luck with your adventures in Azeroth!

-Blizzard Entertainment

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Balan said:
umm no comment

Not quite following you, unless it's a slight at my glee of cheaters being banned alongside modding here, ish ;)

What I meant was at least they're actively punishing people for cheating in the game rather than just sitting on their payments every month.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dreamor said:
Not sure where 2500 came from but WoW has just announced over the last 1-2 months it has banned 18,000 accounts... which to me is a lot! ;)
yes, 18.000 as a raw number is alot. but compared to 500.000+ subscribers its still not even noticable. but its still a big step in the right direction for blizzard. so i'm not gonna complain :)

and merry christmas y'all! :)

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Think is that they're have been reports that the wow program has noticed things like msn messanger and Itunes as 3rd party programmes and people have claimed they've been banned due to them.. trying to find link now..

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
awhile a go i read that some people got banned for using Addon :p im quite sure many of those 18k peeps didnt use any 3rd-party program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom