25 and 7.1 stone

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes you read that right

7.5 on a good day, i once went up to 8 stone when i was well fed for a year

So people, how do i put on weight and also how does one start bulking up in the muscle department

Its not going to be easy as i have been tiny my whole life, and i tend to eat 1 meal a day if that.

Im also a vegetarian, but possibly for not much longer

How do i fatten up FH-OT?

First one to mention parmos gets shot

Master in this department like :p podgy bastard myself and its all come from sitting on my arse playing games + eatting take aways nowt else involved its really that simple.

Be wary tho once you crawl into the pit of shame its hard to get out again because you become so used to the lifestyle, thats how i've been gaming for the last 12+ years and its not easy to get back to normal.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If you start eating meats dont buy the "big brands" thoose are all crap. See if you got any farm or something close that sells meat, or ecological. They are normally way better, and their animals dont have to travel from northern scotland to southern france to get slaughtered.

I only buy my meats at Kungsbyn bygdens mat even the "lowend meats" are edible there.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Haha i know that gay on the right, he won mr gay bristol last year :p
anyway ignore the cake comments, slim people who eat shit just get a belly and it would look horrendous, you need to eat more carbs, more portions and more meals, at least 3 meals a day along with a gym routine i think, try avoid cardio, just a little for a warm up, my brother has the same problem as you which is why he cant achieve his dream of joining the army as he just doesnt weigh enough. You have to stick to it also else it'll fall off, my bro lost 2 stone after he stopped going to the gym when he moved and didnt attend for 3 months.

also vegetarianism doesn't stop you, theres plenty of high carb vegetarian alternatives that will fill you up, porridge/oatmeal, plenty of lentils, also i particularly like the quorn stuff, especially the mince as i dont like red meat, i only eat chicken.

fucking hell, you weigh less than half of me :p how tall are you? Also if you are serious about this you should go visit your GP, they'd be happy to help for sure and can help you with advice maybe even refer you to a dietitian who would have sessions to help you progress and plan your meals etc.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
not read whole thread but was a bit alarmed by first few posts,

I am assuming you want to bulk up not die from heart desease? Carbs are good, avocados are also great as they contain loads of healthy calories and there are powders that you can buy from health food shops and pharmacies for weight trainers that help them put on weight.

Don't just eat shit or instead of gaining healthy weight you'll get fat and feel like crap. If you are really worried go see your doctor and ask to have a session with a dietry advisor :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Haha i know that gay on the right, he won mr gay bristol last year :p
anyway ignore the cake comments, slim people who eat shit just get a belly and it would look horrendous, you need to eat more carbs, more portions and more meals, at least 3 meals a day along with a gym routine i think, try avoid cardio, just a little for a warm up, my brother has the same problem as you which is why he cant achieve his dream of joining the army as he just doesnt weigh enough. You have to stick to it also else it'll fall off, my bro lost 2 stone after he stopped going to the gym when he moved and didnt attend for 3 months.

also vegetarianism doesn't stop you, theres plenty of high carb vegetarian alternatives that will fill you up, porridge/oatmeal, plenty of lentils, also i particularly like the quorn stuff, especially the mince as i dont like red meat, i only eat chicken.

fucking hell, you weigh less than half of me :p how tall are you? Also if you are serious about this you should go visit your GP, they'd be happy to help for sure and can help you with advice maybe even refer you to a dietitian who would have sessions to help you progress and plan your meals etc.

You seem to have labelled proteins as "carbs". Avoiding Cardio is not good, you need to do a minimum of at least 20-30 minutes even when weight training.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
You seem to have labelled proteins as "carbs". Avoiding Cardio is not good, you need to do a minimum of at least 20-30 minutes even when weight training.

I meant porridge with the carbs sorry, and the rest as protein, was getting ready for work at the time..
Also ofcourse 20 minutes cardio for weight training as I said for a "warm up" 20 min cardio is pretty standard but i wouldn't go too intense on that.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
My arms bother me the most! BEHOLD THE ATTACHMENT!

Im planning on doing one extra pushup a day, and when i hit the limit, the same number for a week then one more the next.

And i'm moving to 3 meals a day, better sleep, actually taking the vitamins i never take and such

What would you all say the best FREE way to build up arm muscle is?

.....great now my penis will look out of proportion :/

Attachments

• P211009_23.39.jpg
    P211009_23.39.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 31

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
arms - pull up / chin ups and dips. Add some arm curls and some tricep extensions. You'll need some form of weights and a bar to do the pull ups and chins.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
jeez man, bein 7 stone can't be healthy, regardless of your height (provided you not like 3ft "8)..

Eat more, get plenty of protein in there and work out with shit like dead lifts,push ups/chin ups and squats, you'll soon fill out a bit.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Nerf edit timer.

With the training, you aint doing it properly unless your sore about an hour after, i dont mean in serious pain, but your muscles should be really feeling it and a bit on the tender side.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I had a funny episode related to how much I weigh...

Went to the doctors last year, for the yearly full check-up.

So the lady doctor had my medical file with details from 2006, and she starts looking at me, going back to the file, again looking at me, then back to the file, and she says "Eh, you've got fat in 2 years, haven't you?".

I'm 5.76 ft tall, weigh 9.9 stones, and in 2006 I used to weigh 8.1 stones.

It was very funny :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
3 take aways a night? Fuck him. leave him where he is. "I need help! nom nom nom" I can't put my pie down! nom nom nom.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief

Im planning on doing one extra pushup a day, and when i hit the limit, the same number for a week then one more the next.

all pushups do is get you good at pushups, and perhaps increase the range of motion if youve got dodgy shoulders. they definatly helped me in that sense. and if youre in to fighting in some form, they can come in handy on knuckle/finger/back of hands pushups.

starting from nothing, what worked for me was to go for 100 pushups in sets of 20 reps. it is pretty hard at first but after a few weeks you will be able to do all the sets fully without failing before the 20 rep mark.

then you can keep it at a 100, but go for doing it in less sets. mix it up with pyramid training, wide and narrow pushups. have longer rests and do sets of 50 etc.

i keep progressing mine like that. usually ill go for a maximum first set, then knock 10-15 reps off that and go for say 180 in total.

also the best advice to keep in mind: dont lock your arms out, and make sure youre going low enough. if you lock out, your shoulders get tired pretty quick, but you need to come up enough so that youre doing a full motion.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Some good advice in this thread and some very bad advice. First port of call is your GP - you're clinically underweight which is a serious condition and may require meds. Your GP will probably advise you see a dietician.

You're going to have to up your calories - I would recommend counting your calorie intake for a few days to see what your current intake is and compare it with the standard 2,500 per day for a male (to gain weight you're going to want to be pushing 3,000 per day). Then start planning how much you will be required to eat to reach your minimum calorie requirement.

I'm not a dietician and neither is anyone else on this forum (afaik) so take everything with a pinch of salt (not literally :p ) but the main thing that will help you gain weight is to start loading up on carbs - bread, pasta, rice etc. If you feel full start eating more meals throughout the day rather than hammering 3 square meals and feeling ill. You'll need to maintain high protein levels and ensure you get essential fats (no trans fans). Start taking vitamins (if you don't already) as your body will more than likely be slightly malnurished.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
If you're worrid about your arms etc don't bother with push ups - focus on sorting out your diet first and building muscle later. You're body type is an ectomorph and so without a correct diet you're not going to be able to build and sustain muscle mass (because your calorie intake is so low your body is going to feed on muscle because there is no fat).

When you've put on more weight and feel it is a good time to build muscle i'd advise joining a gym but if you don't want to pay for that grab yourself a set of dumbells and start doing hammer & bicep curls. Pushups are going to focus muscle development on your chest area so I wouldn't worry about them so much.

Lethul

FH is my second home

And i'm moving to 3 meals a day, better sleep, actually taking the vitamins i never take and such

What would you all say the best FREE way to build up arm muscle is?

.....great now my penis will look out of proportion :/

one hundred push ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom