24 ringtone

Tom

I am a FH squatter
here if you want it, in mp3, wav, and midi formats.

Only thing is, my phone doesn't cycle the mp3 :( I'm going to edit it now, so it doesn't have to.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, the version I posted is a sample from the series.

Can't get much more authentic than that.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm tempted to say I recorded it myself (would have been quite easy to take from an mpeg of an episode), but I nicked it from the site above, and edited the mp3 to make it loop (and inserted a short silence so it didn't ring too quickly).

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Is there any way to convert the looped MP3 to Midi without making it sound like something ENTIRELY different?

I only ask because i feel pretty confident that my 6100 would be capable of playing that tone if it was in the right format. The midi ones just dont sound right and the .OTA file posted above is not recognised as a valid format by Nokia tone converter!

Im desperate for this tone :D

Cheers.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just upload the .ota file to your phone using a datacable...you dont need to convert it to anything. The 6100 phone can play it as it is.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Ok ill try that, will have to use Infra Red though as i dont have the Data cable. Cheers.

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
Ok it uploaded fine over IR. Problem is, it sounds NOTHING like the CTU ringtone posted above (the MP3 one). In fact, its even out of key. The midi ones posted in the first post are better than it even.

I really need a way to convert the MP3 one to Midi (or a format playable on 6100's) without making it sound completely pants :D

Clown

Part of the furniture
Does your phone have a maximum bitrate for mp3 ringtones? My v600 is meant to have a 64kbps cap although some random mp3 clips allow 128kbps (am I mixing up bandwidth units with that winamp thing? :eek:)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If anyone knows any way of getting this onto a SonyEriccson T610, let me know.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Have you got a data cable or bluetooth dongle? The MP3 one wont work (I guess you already know that) but get someone to MMS you the polyphonic :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Everyone who hears my phone ring is like 'wow, thats really cool!' :D

Therefore, I am not telling any of you how to do it :D :D

Seriously though, why not try the modern equivalent of Cubase/Cakewalk to create your own version? Its not exactly hard.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Tom, what phone are you using out of interest?

Does your phone support mp3 format, and thereby your phone is just playing that mp3 loop your made?

I've got a 6100, and as far as I know it doesn't support mp3 format. It does support midi format, or scalable polyphonic ringtones .etc. However I'm trying to work out a way to get a decent sounding copy of the 24 ringtone on to my phone.

Is midi .etc. the only way? I thought my phone could do .amr files so I produced an amr copy of the mp3, however my phone doesn't seem to like the file format, when I thought my phone could take them.

Gah - can someone help or shed some light on this situation? Another 6100 user out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom