TV 24 Cancelled :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's like prince of persia, resident evil or monkey island;

Some things should end when they're not stale/overdone.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I'd like to see it turned into a film, or series of films. The tv show went stale a few years back and has suffered from some very silly scripts and repeated use of the same ploys.

Corran

Part of the furniture
never saw the big fuss about this show... same with Lost.

so no loss to me here :D

ileks

Part of the furniture
Really like 24 but didn't enjoy series 7 very much at all. Season 8 seems alright tho.

It had to come to an end at some point tho. I think the show would be crap w/o Jack Bauer.

Fringe is what it's all about now tho!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Why is this news? It was always going to end after season 8 and the go to movies, they have stated this again and again.

Marc

FH is my second home
Why is this news? It was always going to end after season 8 and the go to movies, they have stated this again and again.

No they havent. "Sources" claimed it was on the cards but nothing definitive ever came from fox.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Same as Lost. 24 has been more and more overdone to a point where an ending seems like a good thing.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I know I'm an insensitive cnut but even I woulnd't do that

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Fringe is what it's all about now tho!

Fringe is great, also really like 'The Pacific', the new Band Of Brothers type series about WWII.

Sad to see 24 cancelled, Jack is da man!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm up to episode 8 or so of 24 series 8. Its pretty dreadful. Usually 24 chugs along and isn't really a big brain stretcher but is at least somewhat entertaining. This is pretty bad stuff. Freddy Prinze Jr has all the on screen presence of an empty yoghurt pot. Starbuck is wasted on some silly subplot that screams of filler because they don't know what to do with the main plot.

Finding this very tedious going. I'll give it another episode or so but unless it picks up very fast I won't be watching the rest of the series.

The only highlight so far has been Callum Keith Rennie, who is always very watchable.

Marc

FH is my second home
I thought Season 8 was a return to form myself

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It gets better Roo, the awful storyline with starbuck gets better. I hated her character and freddie prince's as well like you, but this season is actually as good as the first 3.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It gets better Roo, the awful storyline with starbuck gets better. I hated her character and freddie prince's as well like you, but this season is actually as good as the first 3.

Really? I didn't think it was that good, but it did improve once that silly sub-plot was resolved.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Stick with it Roo... trust me :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i never watched it but now it's canned I suppose I might as well, then find out how utterly brilliant it is and spend the rest of my life cursing those who canned it and lamenting its demise...firefly anyone?

Humans, they never appreciate what they've got till it's gone!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It's like prince of persia, resident evil or monkey island;

Some things should end when they're not stale/overdone.

unfortunately they missed that deadline quite a while ago :)

24 was awesome up until around season 4 - 5, after that it started to lose its "shine" so to speak.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
i never watched it but now it's canned I suppose I might as well, then find out how utterly brilliant it is and spend the rest of my life cursing those who canned it and lamenting its demise...firefly anyone?

Humans, they never appreciate what they've got till it's gone!

fuck 24, watch kings.

Best shit ever.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
never heard of it but if I can find it i'll watch the shit out of that mother!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I enjoyed Kings but as usual the U.S. networks cancelled a series with real potential. Sadly the ending leaves you with so many unanswered questions that ultimately it is unfulfilling, it is worth watching still but bear in mind that you will get 13 hours of good TV with an ending that is left wide open.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Castle

When you are bored of the rest start watching the best! Brilliant season opener today.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I second the above statement :p

Also I know I've harped on abut this before but Daybreak was an brilliant show 13 episodes and as much as an endin as your gonna get nowadays!

Great cast and likeable characters! oh yeah and it's got Baldwin in!!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its not been very good for a long time. It's sad to see something go out on a low so its for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom