2142: the dreaded "Lost connection to EA master server" :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
happens to me about every three minutes. I read on other forums that it is because EA checks your profile from their servers every so often, and if it doesn't work, boots you off the master.

not aware if that is actually true, but the game is unplayable for me atm :/

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
i get this. if you keep trying the same server you will stick after a while.

To get technical its because EA have 'dropped a bollock' and dont know how to run a decent online game. Roll on Warhammer then...

TdC

I've been playing some more and I can tell you it's not related to anything I do, nor does my firewall tell me anything :/ Throdgrain is prolly kicking himself trying not to say "I told you it would be crap"

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I'll say it for Throd ;)
Its the error I had in BF2 for ages! (well a similar disconnection bug anyway). :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Ooooo I wish Id bought this game, its so familiar :) Just the same as all the other shite EA BF games :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
BF games are SHIT. Now you all realise I was right :eek:

TdC

not you Wij, Throddy. sorry :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wij said:
BF games are SHIT. Now you all realise I was right :eek:
All hail king wij!

Poag

m00?
I only had this problem once or twice.

Checked in the options menu and changed it from T1 to DSL and havn't had it since.

Now if people would stop being so squishy and dieing when i tap them with the buggies at 1mph all would be great.

TdC

maybe you should be a more considerate driver :p

btw, mine is on DSL and I *have* DSL :( I read that all will be well in the 1.0.5 patch for release later in november...

(and yes, Wij is right, but I'm not going to give him the satisfaction ;) )

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You've been 'satisfying' wij for far too long for anyone around here to believe that nonsense! :p

TdC

I could say there's a lot of Wij in me but it wouldn't be true ;)

TdC

you could have your buttock fat injected into your co>< tbh, they do that in germany I hear ;)

TdC

liposuction.com said:
Shape Is Important
The shape of the buttocks is formed by subcutaneous fat. When well proportioned, the buttocks fit into clothing more comfortably. When misshaped or disproportioned, buttocks are a source of dissatisfaction, inconvenience, shame, embarrassment, and derision.

hmm do you feel any dissatisfaction, inconvenience, shame, embarrassment, and derision Wij?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Nah - just an itch.

...and tagnuts.

TdC

ooh!

*fap*

TdC

grr the stupid lost connection thing is driving me insane :/ I can barely play as it is let alone with the evil specter of getting d/c'd looming (there! I said looming!) over me. it's utterly random: I can play full maps for ages, and then boom it will disconnect me every couple of minutes after that for ages :/

TdC

I know. I was just hoping it wouldn't be :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wij said:
That's because it's shit :)
Gay Rep Rules said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wij again.
So gay... that's like... Wij best post ever... FS!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
MYstIC G said:
So gay... that's like... Wij best post ever... FS!

Will my thirst for rep never be slaked ? :eek:

P.S. BF is dogger.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liked BF2 (but never had time to play it tbfh) and was convinced by a few mates who say Titan mode's fucking ace to buy it.

Installing now. If I manage to play it before my g/f turns up and demands rude things off me then I'll report back...

...but yeah - I had the disconnect thing with BF2 aswell. It was fucking annoying. :(

Poag

m00?
From Clanforge, multiplay

First of thanks to everyone who helped test the initial BF2142 stability update we announced earlier.
This has now authorised for release by DICE as it does provided quite a few improvements with regard stability.

This is the first update that has been released as just a server side fix, so no need to spend ages updating your client, something Multiplay has personally been instigated with EA / DICE in our goal to bring you guys what you deserve.

The update has just been applied to all Windows based servers which required a restart, do enjoy.

Maybe they will treat this one differently...maybe

TdC

I fcking hope so :(

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I get around the disconnection problems by setting the affinity to just one CPU, same as I do with BF2, and don't get disconnected. The only time I do get disconnected is when I forget to crtl alt delete out when I first load the game and set the affinity.

One thing I have noticed though is that the game keeps running for ages after you've quit, slowing Windows down. So I have to end process every time. Don't mind though, it is a pretty damn good game.

TdC

hmm wierd Mal: the game just shuts off normally for me, though I did have that in BF2 where it could take up to 30 seconds to dissapear after i was back on the desktop.

as to my disconnecting, it still happens much to my chagrin though I have not yet tried the cpu affinity thing. I have on the other hand tried everything else I could find on the internet which all failed.

it seems that EA/Dice are aware of the problem though they don't admit it, as there should be a patch coming out that adresses it late november (which is about now wouldn't you say).

Gamah

Banned
TdC said:
hmm wierd Mal: the game just shuts off normally for me, though I did have that in BF2 where it could take up to 30 seconds to dissapear after i was back on the desktop.

as to my disconnecting, it still happens much to my chagrin though I have not yet tried the cpu affinity thing. I have on the other hand tried everything else I could find on the internet which all failed.

it seems that EA/Dice are aware of the problem though they don't admit it, as there should be a patch coming out that adresses it late november (which is about now wouldn't you say).

I'd say the end of November is from tomorrow is your working on 1/3rd logic, however if you're working on the perplexing 1/4 logic then the 23rd/34th would be considered the first (and last) week of the end of the month thus the patch will be released then. However if we apply the formula EA+Shit+Moneyhungry*Late you will not see the patch until December! So the bollocks before doesn't matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom