WTF? 21 years?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sharia law allows that exact sentencing (not crushed nuts), you can have the murderers money if he's wealthy, life imprisonment or death, it's up to the relatives.
How sweet would that be..hmmm, let me see...2 min X-Factor pause....

Job

Fuck me does anyone on here work?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
One of the things I like most about Iain Banks's "Culture" concept is the idea that there are no prisons, no justice system, nothing like that. If someone does something wrong, a fully sentient robot simply follows the "criminal" around to make sure he/she doesn't do it again.

Job

After we've eliminated crime, we'll start on nature and ban creatures eating each other..you think I'm joking!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We don't do rehabilitation because it's very easy to cut spending on prisons, and there is very little political gain for real reform.

Agree. There's a lot to lose for the political parties if they carried out real reform.

It's because the UK is made up of legions of retards.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
end of the day, whats worse?
being executed wrongly
or
spending 35 years in prison for something u didnt do, coming out at age 70
?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
After we've eliminated crime, we'll start on nature and ban creatures eating each other..you think I'm joking!

Is that an argument for keeping crime?

Plus, we're fucking nature over already - so what's the difference?

end of the day, whats worse?
being executed wrongly
or
spending 35 years in prison for something u didnt do, coming out at age 70
?

Death. Death is worse.

Easily.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'd rather die than spend 35 years imprisoned for something I didn't do tbh.

Job

Oh no, you did it allright.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
and yet at the end of each you have no life, one just takes longer ?

You have a life. A severely restricted one. And the possibility of release.

You'd also have a fuckload of reading time :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You have a life. A severely restricted one. And the possibility of release.

You'd also have a fuckload of reading time :)

"Mister Abercumerton, you have been found guilty'ish of several counts of littering. I sentence you to 30 years of imprisonment, with no chance for parol, in a maximum security prison for rapists,murderers and lollygaggers. You will most likely have to commit punishable acts inside the prison,t hus extending your sentence, if you even lie past the first year or two. You shall only briefly know the sun and your 3 feet cubicle shall be your ony love outside the showertime where you'll be rammed harder then a dodge test vehicle. Here's 50 shades of gray though, so you'll be fine."

Job

Mr Abercumerton is Innocent!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
and yet at the end of each you have no life, one just takes longer ?

You can't overturn a death penalty in case of a miscarriage of justice.

Like I said before. If there was a way to determine 100% whether someone is guilty then I would have absolutely no problem with the death penalty but as it is there are far too many miscarriages of justice, either through bad policing, good/bad lawyering or good old fashioned corruption.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Mr Abercumerton is Innocent!

Well it was never disproven to be falsely not accused of a crime he hasn't committed, so it was up to the jury of highly paid...err...professional liar...liable people of england.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
You can't overturn a death penalty in case of a miscarriage of justice.

Like I said before. If there was a way to determine 100% whether someone is guilty then I would have absolutely no problem with the death penalty but as it is there are far too many miscarriages of justice, either through bad policing, good/bad lawyering or good old fashioned corruption.

Even if someone is provably guilty (by admission or by overwhelming evidence) then the public good might not always be served by an execution and subsequent martyring of the perpetrator. I'm also vaguely uncomfortable about the idea of sanctioning murder for *any* reason. As part of a society I feel morally "worthy" to deprive someone of some of their rights (specifically liberty and freedom of movement/association) for the purposes of justice but making the statement that a person is so valueless and damaging to society that they should be killed is a trickier issue. I don't really believe in free will and I find it hard to refute the idea that if I had the same upbringing, experiences, associations, education and so on as someone like Anders Breivik I would be capable of the same monstrous acts.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
but hey, i think they should have tortured people like ian brady to get the info out of them :)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
but hey, i think they should have tortured people like ian brady to get the info out of them :)

Mr Brady, you've won a free one-week trip, all expenses paid, to Kabul. Please board this private jet and try to ignore the CIA agents and the guy with the pliers and the slightly unhinged look in his eyes...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I don't.

Aside from torture being totally unreliable, the scientific evidence shows that torture severely damages the torturer.

"I think that we should severely harm someone so they can extract information from Ian Brady" is what you're actually saying there.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That is pretty grim like, kill 77 people and get 21 years in prison? at a bare minimum he should get 1 year for every life he took giving him a fucking minimum of 77 years inside... 21 years is an insult to the victims memories.

Job

Parading him on TV is an insult, he should have been trialled behind closed doors, with no reporting of his thoughts except basic court procedures and then a short message with the verdict and sentence, never to be seen or heard of again.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I don't.

Aside from torture being totally unreliable, the scientific evidence shows that torture severely damages the torturer.

"I think that we should severely harm someone so they can extract information from Ian Brady" is what you're actually saying there.

Never did Jack Bauer any harm.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
One of the things I like most about Iain Banks's "Culture" concept is the idea that there are no prisons, no justice system, nothing like that. If someone does something wrong, a fully sentient robot simply follows the "criminal" around to make sure he/she doesn't do it again.

Limp dicked liberal nonsense. :p ;)

Killswitch

FH is my second home
Never did Jack Bauer any harm.

That's what I love about you Wazz, your ability to discern between real-life and TV shows and make serious points about the issue du jour in a way that's both insightful and thought-provoking :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
And before anyone mentions it Bauer's heroin addiction had nothing to do with him liking to dish out titty twisters.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Yeah, but what happens if they do do it again? Do they get a second robot?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Limp dicked liberal nonsense. :p ;)
Yeah, but what happens if they do do it again? Do they get a second robot?
no. the Culture has a sort of special ministry that takes care of shit they dislike. they'd prolly just split you in half with a knife missile. and given the weirdo's in the special ministry, the missile would prolly pokey bumwank you while you were trying to bone said chick :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom