WTF? 21 years?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, but what happens if they do do it again? Do they get a second robot?

No, they can't do it again, Culture robots are pretty awesome and knife missles aren't to be fucked with. Honestly, read Consider Phlebas, it's bloody awesome. In fact all Banks's Culture novels are awesome.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Will give them a go.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Consider Phlebas is the first one, that's what you should read first.

The ideas contained within will esplode yo brain.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
He will never be let out!

but he will be given falls hope every 5 years after having served 21.
now tell me that isnt punishment at it's finest ?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I might clear some things out.

In Norway we have a maximum sentence of 21 years, there is no way to go outside this. Hence why Breivik cannot be sentenced for more then 21 years(with a minumum of 10 years sentence). But after every 21 years, we can then re-evaluate if he is still a danger to the society or now.

We do not believe in a punishment system in Norway based on revenge. Our prisons is not only here to protect our citizens, but also to help prisoners with proper education and work(rehabilitate them). So that they one day can be moved back to a normal life! If Anders Behring Breivik is no longer declared a danger to our citizens, he will be let out. But with the view he got on the world as it is now, he will never get out of prison.

As I am now attending the police accademy in Norway we had quite some innsight to this case, where we discussed this with some of the higher ups. There were a lot of disagreements where some of them meant that he will one day be back in the society(But probably at a old age), where some meant that he can never be let out considering the stuff he have done.

Anyway, I am quite sure he wont live long if he ever gets out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
...but wont live long when he is let out. presumably it would be a criminal offense to murder him when he walks free, as in served his time, a perfectly legitimate member of the public, despite the fact that he killed 77 unarmed civilians.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
...but wont live long when he is let out. presumably it would be a criminal offense to murder him when he walks free, as in served his time, a perfectly legitimate member of the public, despite the fact that he killed 77 unarmed civilians.

Ofcourse, he won't be a legal target for people to murder. And if anyone ever do that they will be sent to prison(But will most likely become some sort of hero I suppose). When/if he gets to go, he will then be a "normal" citizen that is protect by the law like everyone else.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What mustn't be forgotten is the reasoning behind the attacks, there are a LOT of people who see him as a hero and right wing extremism isn't going to prison with him, it's very alive and someone may well pick up the baton and I'm talking about people in scandanavia, his views are mummured all over europe, sometimes shouted out, they were a perfect target, left leaning kids, easy fort he nutters to write them off as expendable.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ofcourse, he won't be a legal target for people to murder. And if anyone ever do that they will be sent to prison(But will most likely become some sort of hero I suppose). When/if he gets to go, he will then be a "normal" citizen that is protect by the law like everyone else.

Which is silly when murder is murder. If you would kill him after 21 years sentence, you'd be as bad as he was.

If the society doesn't give a crap about the rehabilitation/punishment system in place, why should we bother with it at all.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Which is silly when murder is murder. If you would kill him after 21 years sentence, you'd be as bad as he was.

If the society doesn't give a crap about the rehabilitation/punishment system in place, why should we bother with it at all.

Because most think rehabilitations system is good! the dangerous ones are those who don't :p

You'll never have a 100% agreement on anything in a democracy!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You'll never have a 100% agreement on anything in a democracy!

Except bums, everyobne likes bums. Gay, bi, straight, asian, black, muslim, asian muslim, nazis, bi nazis, all love a bit of bum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom