2010 UK General Election Predictions

Gumbo

FH is my second home
You git, you made me visit the DAOC bit of Freedys for the first time since it was created.

There should be a warning or something.

(I voted Tory win, but I fear a hung parliament.)

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the Blue Bastards have done enough to beat the Red Bastards and the Yellow Bastards havent got a hope.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
I want the blues to beat the reds by a large margin. On the yellows.. well the are.... just look at them, but! lots of reds, yellows and blues from the old teams will be leaving and replaced with new players, so hopefully we'll get a couple years of ideological, youngish players who want to play well but sure enough they'll become, as it's been put bastards, and shit like most players do.

A stalemate would be a problem though, it just means there will be play-offs again in autumn or there about and that uncertainty would be a problem for all the investors, fans and even the disenchanted in the overall game, what with the groups financial difficulties, they really need a good strong winner to drive the game forwards and get investors pouring in so money can be used to build up the games infrastructure and promote growth against overseas competitors, pitty we had a shit manager of the lead team for so long, what a c**t

Embattle

FH is my second home
If you vote in this election you are essentially picking the party you hate least, that isn't ideal and shows the low opinion people have of politics and MPs.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
But at least if you vote out our current face-stampers then we can give the next lot a chance. If they try to stamp on our faces then you vote them out. Eventually they may learn that in order to stay in power they have to stop stamping on our faces. Apathy in the form of "oh the next lot will be as bad so i might as well stick with the face stamping i'm used to" is exactly the message bad governments try to get across. Cue Gordon's latest battlecry of "i'm doing a shit job but i've been doing it a lot longer than the other two so that must count for something."

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Vince Cable is by far the most capable and sensible economist to take us through the economic gloom. Now if he joined Team Cameron...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Useful tool if you want to know which candidates believe that magic beans can cure cancer or that iron-age myths should drive political agendas.

Skeptical Voter Wiki

Athan

Resident Freddy
If you vote in this election you are essentially picking the party you hate least, that isn't ideal and shows the low opinion people have of politics and MPs.

It's not quite that simple, depending on which constituency your vote is for.

In my case the Torys have a clear historical lead, ~10k votes ahead of the 2nd placed Lib Dems in the last 3 elections. Thus even if I hate Labour I can vote Lib Dem if I'd prefer and likely not have any chance of being part of causing Labour to win instead of the Torys.

Although I will agree that picking just one party in the UK election system SUCKS. None of them line up even 50% with my own views, and of course even if I happen to like my local candidate for one party they may be forced to tow the party line on many things, thus negating this factor.

Still, I'll be voting, at least then I'll have some increased right to whinge about the result ;).

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Vince Cable is by far the most capable and sensible economist to take us through the economic gloom. Now if he joined Team Cameron...

Agreed, a real genuine clued-up Grade A Economist who is in the wrong party, it's mystifying to see someone tout free market economics surround himself with the biggest bunch of social interventionist control freaks in British politics.

rynnor

Rockhound
Agreed, a real genuine clued-up Grade A Economist who is in the wrong party, it's mystifying to see someone tout free market economics surround himself with the biggest bunch of social interventionist control freaks in British politics.

I dont think so - the Lib Dems have the craziest tax proposals around so its a good thing they dont have a hope in hell of ever getting into power.

Vince Cables ideas on the 'Mansion tax' where he hastily had to change it from 1mill to 2 mill when they told him how many people had a 1 mill house shows how out of touch he is.

Its easy to criticise the rest when you dont have to worry about actually delivering any of the nonsense you promise tbh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Let's also not forget that it was the Loony Libs who in Richmond instigated a resident's parking permit charge based upon engine size. Fucking idiots.

rynnor

Rockhound
The Libs are just another brand of Labour party - neither party understands anything other than tax n spend.

The country is crying out for a Govt who can actually cut some of the enormous spending before we are all taxed to death.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The Libs are just another brand of Labour party - neither party understands anything other than tax n spend.

The country is crying out for a Govt who can actually cut some of the enormous spending before we are all taxed to death.

Happy hunting.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I don't think I've seen Vote Power linked here yet. I have a depressing 0.060 of a vote (Hampshire North East). But I'll still be voting, and not for the incumbent.
Wow!
I have 1.217 votes because my constituency is VERY marginal.
Conservatives won by 12909 vs 12776 for Labour in 2005 (133 majority). It is the second most marginal seat for the Conservatives and the 5th targetted seat by Labour. It is considered the 3rd most marginal seat out of all 650.

Or to put it another way, I have 4.82x more voting power than the average person. Yes, I do *actually* have some influence on the final result. :)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Whereas I have 0.013 votes in Richmond Park - supposedly 608th most marginal from the 650 seats. However I'm not sure I totally agree with that given that it is one of the key seats the Tories are targeting.

Athan

Resident Freddy
Whereas I have 0.013 votes in Richmond Park - supposedly 608th most marginal from the 650 seats. However I'm not sure I totally agree with that given that it is one of the key seats the Tories are targeting.

Perhaps because of "Note: there have been boundary changes for this constituency since the last election. These are notional results". And, yeah, if you scroll down you'll see it's a bit dodgy calling it Ultra-safe, given the LibDem/Con split "last time".

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think so - the Lib Dems have the craziest tax proposals around so its a good thing they dont have a hope in hell of ever getting into power.

Vince Cables ideas on the 'Mansion tax' where he hastily had to change it from 1mill to 2 mill when they told him how many people had a 1 mill house shows how out of touch he is.

Its easy to criticise the rest when you dont have to worry about actually delivering any of the nonsense you promise tbh.

I suspect it was political smackdown which made the change.

+ not that many people live in million+ houses and the ones that do have plenty of cash on the whole, million+ properties are still exclusive.
6 bed house for sale in Haslemere - Find a Property a very big house by most peoples standards in one ofmost expensive areas in the south east outside of stupidsville london.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Wow!
I have 1.217 votes because my constituency is VERY marginal.
Conservatives won by 12909 vs 12776 for Labour in 2005 (133 majority). It is the second most marginal seat for the Conservatives and the 5th targetted seat by Labour. It is considered the 3rd most marginal seat out of all 650.

Or to put it another way, I have 4.82x more voting power than the average person. Yes, I do *actually* have some influence on the final result. :)

The trouble is that site does not take into account swings we are already expecting. If the conservatives just beat Labour last time then they are likely to increase their majority.

That site said I was in a fairly safe seat because its been Lib dem since 97. However the conservatives have been coming gain ground back each election and with a small swing it could be conservative again.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The trouble is that site does not take into account swings we are already expecting. If the conservatives just beat Labour last time then they are likely to increase their majority.
I don't have a problem with that. :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I think someone should start a campaign to spoil ballots in opposition of recent bollocks, the digital economy bill for starters.

Get those people that did the xmas number 1 campaign for RATM to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom