2 Questions ... best pc and a techy one

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
hey all, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what is best to play daoc well (with 2 accts runnin on same) would a dual core dual gfx card beast be better, or, a mega high powered chip with the dual gfx cards.
i know for normal gaming they still say go for the super high single chip, but would running 2 accts make it better to have a dual core ??

also im havin probs gettin my wifes comp to patch to the us servers, mine does it fine, i have set hers up in the same way as i did mine, and no joy.
it patches fine to euro daoc but when i try the us version it says i need to change my interent settings, any idea why ?
ive tried changing just about all i can think of so if anyone has any bright ideas that would be great.

cheers for looking :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
for the second part, just copy the came u have to her. just save the setup files(qb setup and so on)

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
for dual logging u need lots of ram... 1.5GB as a recomended value and a P4 HyperThreading or, even better, a Intel/AMD dual core CPU. GFX is not that important since u will still have to use /clientsleep

Still, even my old rig with 1.25GB RAM and amd xp 2400+ did a decent job at running 2 toa accounts. My new one with AMD 64 3000+ with 1GB ram had some troubles keeping /stick but as soon as i fitted another 512 ram everything was ok

Groal

Fledgling Freddie
cheers for the answers, with the copying my files, i did try that but got the same result, sent them over msn so i cant understand why its not working, still says the internet settings ... got me stuck

and the new pc will be carrying at least 2 gig o ram, just a choice between a single or a dual ... o the hardships :p

cheers again

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Does your wife's computer access the internet via your computer ? If so, look at the firewall logs for your computer and see if it's blocking that traffic. If so, open a hole in the firewall for it.

Darzil

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Groal said:
cheers for the answers, with the copying my files, i did try that but got the same result, sent them over msn so i cant understand why its not working, still says the internet settings ... got me stuck

and the new pc will be carrying at least 2 gig o ram, just a choice between a single or a dual ... o the hardships :p

cheers again

For dual logging, definately go dual-core. No doubt about it..

(I prefer AMD myself, but that's everybody's own choice) :)

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
I have 2gb ram,3000 AMD and 6800 Geforce and i run Catacombs for 1 account and ToA for nother account when i can.I don't need 2 catas thats why i don't use both usually. But anyways i have client sleep minimized and when i run both accounts same time i have no lagg :) and i switch screen with about 1 second from 1 to another ^^!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom