2 Questions about Shrouded Isles and Daox

I

illu

Lo peeps

In Shrouded Isles, I take it there are just going to be new monsters, new drops and a whole new place to explore. Now, how does this affect everyone else who hasn't got the expansion pack? Will I be walking with 8 ppl to go and kill something in the new realm and then they are like "hmmm - we've come to the edge of the map" as I walk into the new area?

And with the new classes, how do people without the add-on see it? I'm just confused as to how it will all work around the current set-up. I looked at the website http://www.shroudedisles.com but didn't find much information.

And the other thing I was wondering is, if you had like LOADS of money, could you in theory, if daox could handle it, have like 8 accounts or more and like uber buff your char as you go into RvR? I've always imagined some players having just the one buffbot, but it dawned on me this morning that someone with far too much time and money on their hands could have multiple accounts and pc's or daox and just make like an invincible (practically) player.

Anyway - just a few thoughts.

Back to pretending to do work :)

Oli - ILLU

L

Lessurl

Why have more than one buff bot when a single druid (for hib) can give you all blues and all yellows?

E

Ensceptifica

<remembers getting away from pk's in UO by running into a cave that was only there in the expansion>

A

Alrindel

The new areas are separate zones, that you will teleport to. If you don't have the expansion pack, you won't be able to go there. You also won't be able to create characters that are the new races, or the new classes.

However you will be able to see players who are the new races/classes when they are in the old zones. The new models and skins will be added automatically just like any other patch. There should also be the graphics engine upgrade, which Mythic have said will be given to all players, not just the ones who buy Shrouded Isles.

As for the other, I doubt there are many PCs that could handle running more than two instances of DAoC simultaneously - I have heard that even with two, a high-end machine will slow down quite a bit. But sure, if you had 8 PCs, 8 accounts, a NAT router and a broadband connection, you could log them all on and make your own full group, if you really wanted to. It wouldn't even be against the rules (you do know that using hacks that alter the DAoC client to run multiple instances, in windowed mode is against the rules, right?). But why would you need to? All you need is one extra account with a reasonable level support class for the full set of buffs. Two buffbots is kind of superfluous.

E

Ensceptifica

I'm thinking you can take your existing character to a new server (like you do with Gorre) that supports the expansion. Otherwise how would they solve the new races/classes for people that don't have it?

[edit]
Ah thnx Alrindel( :

I

illu

Yeah I know about that Daox thing being illegal.

I've never used it - I'm lucky enough to have another pc, as I bought one recently, so I bought another DAOC, and have a little buffer on the old pc, "illuhelper" :p I will eventually be getting him up to lvl 50, but I'm in no rush...

About the ultimate amount of buffs, I was just thinking along the theoretical lines of being a millionaire or something, - but at the end of the day, it's much more fun playing in a group and getting all the buffs and having social interaction. Trying to level up my little buffer with my SB is sooooooooo boring.

I've also made a skald and a runey on my 2nd account hehe. Madness.

Oli - ILLU

PS I hope this Shrouded Isles graphic update helps the "powerpoint presentation" of RvR a bit.

A

Alrindel

PS I hope this Shrouded Isles graphic update helps the "powerpoint presentation" of RvR a bit.
First reports from the people who have tried playing on the US servers with a test client that uses the new engine (NetImmerse 4.something) are very encouraging. The Friar Team Lead got to test it, and wrote this rave review.

R

Rhuric

As Alrindel said, we will get a new grafric engine that supports the new classes and races, you will see them, but not be able to play them or the new zone, but I think you should be able to use the drops from the new zone if a person with the expansion gave em to you

H

hotrat

Full enhance spec cleric
and
full earth spec theurg - eb//haste//bt
and
full envenom spec infiltrator - lifebane etc

for alb

other realms get like endurance buffs and power buffs, but alb is overpowered so doesn't get these luxuries :rolleyes:

i suppose you could go to the extreme of having afk pala with chant stuck to u, and minstrel for speed, theurg with pbt ....

Users who are viewing this thread