2-Hand Paladin spec?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Drop speedwarp turn and run the hell away and hopefully having the enemy grp following you run into SW negade SoS (we dont have SoS in our grp. leetness we dont need it xD)

rather than clash head to head the grps split like fuck and the fights usually boring. also damn hard when hibs do this hiding some morphed caster behind a firbolg hero orsomething.

Btw need more fights next week Justi. havin a break this weekend :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dracus said:
2x typical non-roleplayer response :( I applaude you chim! :clap:

More roleplay, less leetness! :D

/Dracus

Sorry, but the first two responses haven't been leet.

This (http://www.promisance.biz/DAoC/GimpsTale.avi) is a movie from the perspective of a 2H BG Paladin. It's quite long and I am prolly not qualified to rate the skill of the guy playing the Paladin since RvR is still new to me, but it's impressive to me how well he does the BG and chanting and so on.

Get someone else to do the slam for you if you need it (maybe a reason to group hybrid Armsmen more).

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
2hand pala is insane dmg with the correct RA RR items osv :)

THEY ARE for your info on same dmg table as champs who does very good damage with LW. and since alb 2hand does more dmg than LW. there isnt much to calculate.

thanks for movei. downloading

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Chimaira said:
2hand pala is insane dmg with the correct RA RR items osv :)

THEY ARE for your info on same dmg table as champs who does very good damage with LW. and since alb 2hand does more dmg than LW. there isnt much to calculate.

thanks for movei. downloading

So how did you like the movie then?

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
theres an even better movie out.
not sure about the name, but its been created by an rr8 2her paladin at alb/kay(familiar?;)).. yea, he's the guild m8 of Gladric in Tequila Sunrise, and plays just like him.. solo all the time and killing tons of enemies each batle :)
i <3 it

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
So how did you like the movie then?
poor editing nice dmg ;d

Still 2handers in albion grp would be so much more viable with celerity

Sobek

Fledgling Freddie
1st, Why do you want a paladin assisting with 3 (i think?) casters in group, i think he got enough to do with protecting casters and slamming/grappleing tanks.

2nd, their damage is totally wank, even a minstrel would probably outdamage a 2handed paladin (44slash specced minstrel though)

3rd, 2handed chars bging, may aswell sit down, no defence = easy target, a blunt bm or zerk would rip your paladin apart, where a paladin with shield spec and some MoBlocking, could just stand there emote spamming the tanks who tries to kill him.

4th, it could be viable since yanks are known for playing like utter shit, if they can think the best hib grp on the servers pwned with 2 bards, and no warden since the warden aint a key class.

5th, slam is probably the best anytimer in the game :p

6th, i fought 2handed paladins on avalon and they're a total joke, even the rr11 ones, but if you want some leet tictacs for 2hander, hit up Frix| @ quakenet #tribunal :]

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
What Sobek said...except the fact that 2hand palas does do "ok" dmg, its not total wank, its just totally not worth the trade/off.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Have to work hard for a rr11 2hand pala to hit hard.

Besides USA crap grps? they got more players therefor more noobs.

But there is some insanely good grps on USA servers.

but that you wont see until you play there. I was thinking the same until I been rvring there a cpl of months xD

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
i hope its not the insanely good grps that runs with the 2hand palas tho :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
There is no insane good albion grps on us.

Consider my gg is the best alb grp on server. and you all know I suck etc

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sobek said:
1st, Why do you want a paladin assisting with 3 (i think?) casters in group, i think he got enough to do with protecting casters and slamming/grappleing tanks.

2nd, their damage is totally wank, even a minstrel would probably outdamage a 2handed paladin (44slash specced minstrel though)

3rd, 2handed chars bging, may aswell sit down, no defence = easy target, a blunt bm or zerk would rip your paladin apart, where a paladin with shield spec and some MoBlocking, could just stand there emote spamming the tanks who tries to kill him.

4th, it could be viable since yanks are known for playing like utter shit, if they can think the best hib grp on the servers pwned with 2 bards, and no warden since the warden aint a key class.

5th, slam is probably the best anytimer in the game :p

6th, i fought 2handed paladins on avalon and they're a total joke, even the rr11 ones, but if you want some leet tictacs for 2hander, hit up Frix| @ quakenet #tribunal :]

Some comments:

on 2nd: a 44 Slash Minstrel is rather not going to outdamage a 2H Paladin that has 50+11 in 2H and a composite of 51 in slash/thrust/parry. Regardless of 29+11 or 44+11. The growth rate for of the

- anytime Amethyst Slash is 0.60, for the common follow-up style Sapphire Slash it's 0.90 (prerequisite Enrage has 0.60),
- anytime Doubler in 2H is 0.70 beating Amethyst slash,
- anytime Bone Bruiser is only 0.40, but the follow-ups do 0.90 and 0.95 and the 3 style anytime chain hinders your oppenent, stuns it and haste debuffs him,
- side positional Onslaught is 0.90 and its follow-up Two Moons it's 0.85.

And you have a total difference of 7 points in style damage reducing your unstyled damage cap. So the anytime 2H style beats the anytime slash style and the chain styles are stronger. While writing all this I am refering to http://www.classesofcamelot.com/other/styles/Styles.htm.

on 3rd, this is wrong I suppose. Your blocking chances against FOTM dual wield users are halved, and the more opponents you face the less you will block, the chances to parry for your opponents when you wield a 2H weapon are halved though, so you actually might end up with a better overall defence and doing more damage with 2H while having better defence is a good deal. The guy in the video has no problems BG'ing from 3-4 Trolls.

on 5th, In that video the Reaver does the slamming and it's obvious that 2H styles on a stunned target will do better than 1H styles.

If you have a slammer in the group and you are not busy BG'ing, 2H will help more on a tank train. Compared to Pole and 2H, 1H styles are a joke damage wise.

Think it's time to group Hybrid Armsmen more again :p.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Compared to Pole and 2H, 1H styles are a joke damage wise.

Only due to the delay differences of the weapons....the slash/crush/thrust style line isn't much difference in terms of growth rates compared to pole, however alb 2h is the best set of style growth rates in alb discluding critical strike growth rates of course.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
Only due to the delay differences of the weapons....the slash/crush/thrust style line isn't much difference in terms of growth rates compared to pole, however alb 2h is the best set of style growth rates in alb discluding critical strike growth rates of course.

Hmm. I agree om critical strike, but I thought that Pole would beat 2H. The level 39 anytime has a growth rate of 0.85 (Wonder what the fumble style hits for with a growth rate of 1.20?).

Anyway, if you had the possibility to choose (Armsman e.g.) would you rather go 2H/crush or Pole/Thrust?

Usura

Fledgling Freddie
i love my 2h pally :clap:

its not 1337, its not mainstream, its just fun. paladin can be so much more than just a shield specced BG/endu bot.

would still playing her, but my loved guild is playing WoW and i cant motivate myself for searchin a new one :p

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
and you all know I suck etc

You got that right. :p j/k

Yeah, Stigmata is the only good alb group in rvr on lancelot. Ok Liili's radar group is pretty good too, but not anywhere as good as Stigma main group.

Chimaira can you do me a favour? If you see Alessia fucking up my mezz with her ae root, kill her.. cba to whine at her anymore as she never learns :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom