2 clients on 1 PC - with different resolutions?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Mkay, running two DAoC clients on my PC, main and bot. Now I want the main one to run all the shiny settings, the bot one a lower resolution without the fancy graphics.
Problem is, they both look into the same directory (\Documents And Settings\<User>\Electronic Arts\..) for their settings. So at the moment I got to set the resolution for one account each and every time I log in.

Anyone know how to tell one client to look elsewhere ? For example in it's own <random swearing> directory?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the usual, ask something, find it next :p

VNBoards said:
Try this from the Herald 4-11-2007 : How can I have different interface settings using two instances of the same game client? .: Dark Age of Camelot Knowledgebase

"How can I have different interface settings using two instances of the same game client?
Open the root directory for the first copy of the game. Create a text file (using Notepad or some such thing) called paths.dat. In that file, type

[paths]

on the first line. On the second line, type

settings=name1

(“Name” can be whatever you want.) Log into your first copy of the game and get to the character selection screen. Log out.

Now go to the SECOND copy of the game, and repeat the process. This time, type

settings=name2

You have now created custom folders for your characters. You can use the instructions located here to move your old settings into these new folders."

Shad

Fledgling Freddie
i be darned :) exactly what i was looking for, TY and Salute

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Now, anyone know how to get the clients to look into different user.dat files for the quicklogin?

Resolution works just fine, but the User.dat of the DAOC root is the only one getting used for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom