2 clients on 1 PC after 1.69

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
problem isnt that i cant stick or any of that shit, just that mainaccount(ToA, 1024*768) goes chop chop rawr squeek. and botaccount (SI, 800*600) goes smooth
lowering priorities makes either mainacc or botacc go bork and crash

rah

Fledgling Freddie
installed mferXP, duallogging almost works ok now, nothing like prepatch, but anyway, bout same fps on my 2.4ghz as my p3-450 while duallogging ;p ty

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
i tried duallogging the other day on my system with XP, p4-3.0, 1GB ram etc..

instantly crashed my 1st client and loaded up the 2nd instead, was abit weird.. anyone had that?

Siri

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
i tried duallogging the other day on my system with XP, p4-3.0, 1GB ram etc..

instantly crashed my 1st client and loaded up the 2nd instead, was abit weird.. anyone had that?

I get exactly the same behaviour, the 1st client just dies instantly.

What I did notice though is that the 1st instance doesn't crash, but does a clean exit. Because if I immediately log the account on the 2nd PC I don't get any 'account already logged in' warning.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Is there someone that could elaborate on the registerhack, ie Reg hack for dummies? My register value expresses some kind of 0x000000000whatever and not a decimaltnumber so I cant even relate it to the text in this thread :( There are also lots of choices you can make if you highlight either the Dword column or the data column. Which one are you supposed to fiddle with?

Thank you in advance for your help

Kalid

Fledgling Freddie
Iceflower said:
Is there someone that could elaborate on the registerhack, ie Reg hack for dummies? My register value expresses some kind of 0x000000000whatever and not a decimaltnumber so I cant even relate it to the text in this thread :( There are also lots of choices you can make if you highlight either the Dword column or the data column. Which one are you supposed to fiddle with?

Thank you in advance for your help

There is a radiobutton HEX and DEC, when u select either it's automaticly converted :) Doubleclick or right-click "Win32PrioritySeparation" and enter the new value (in DEC).

If you going to fiddle with the registry, do it on your own risk since any error made can result in an instable operating system. Before you do any changes make sure you have a backup of the registry. Or make a System State backup at least so you can restore your OS. Not that I think you will make any misstakes but now you at least know.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>There is a radiobutton HEX and DEC

Nope, no radio buttons at all in this window :(

I guess I ll skip this one then. Thanks anyway.

And yes, back up already taken. That much I know of the registry. :)

Gaddry

Fledgling Freddie
is there anything i can do other than this computer hack stuff...which makes no sense to me!

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
just fyi, no reg hacks used etc, and works fine. and my comp sucks. actually, i could say my loading times with 2 accs logged in have gotten a lot better.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i still run 2 accs and the only thing different ive noticed is a thing saying its unsupported and faster loading times

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
I'm having similar if not the same problem. One acct logs in fine, no lag, second acct loads in fine also one was ld'ing straight away but i did the reg hack thingy and now it takes about 5-15 mins before the account running in the background ld's.

I run second account at 800*600 with all gfx settings lowest or off and main acct at 1600*1200 with all gfx etc... turned on/highest. I could have both accts running fine with the same settings forever before this patch.

I found that if i occaisionally alt-tab to the second account i can keep them both on indefinately, and have been in several few hour long AC PBAE grps since the patch, but it is a ball ache and I am suffering with lag a little bit.

PC is:

Athlon XP 3200+
GeForce FX 5600+ 256DDR
1.5GB 400 MHz DDR RAM
nForce 2 mobo (cant remember exact board, in work atm, k7 something or other)
SB Live 5.1

I can only think that there were some changes made to the code that allows 2 accts at once (as obviously there were as even putting in that annoying message box involves changing the code) that has made a severe difference to the way that 2 accts are handled on 1 PC.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Ormorof said:
i still run 2 accs and the only thing different ive noticed is a thing saying its unsupported and faster loading times

aye. you got a crap comp as well? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom