1st Legendary drop !!?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fana said:
Well there are no caps on stats and resists etc ingame, so you cant really max out in the daoc fashion. You can however get as strong a setup as is possible with the current items in the game. Noone can have both very high stats and very high resists though - its just not possible with the items available in this iteration of the game. You can realistically hope to have very high numbers in 3 stats, and maybe 2 resists or so, with some nice special item abilities thrown into the mix.

Sounds like what i wished for :D

So you can max out resists, but it will take away from skills and vice versa.

Hope this kees the cookiecutter templates to atleast a minimum...well...fat chance but always room for differene atleast.

CplCarrot

Fledgling Freddie
I am not sure i agree with you on the caps as I have been extensively testing +defense skill with some friends of mine.

I have found with my shaman (58) that anything over +30 makes no difference to my chance to dodge - please bear in mind that obviously its a chance thing, but on average there is negliable difference.

The same seems to be the case with my agility - anything over 100 and I still only seem to crit twice in combat (on average) with a poor weapon on a high level mob (so we are talking 30 secs of combat at least). This is most noticable when u put +agility items on and use the elixir of the mongoose (this seems to be bugged and give WAY more than 1% chance of crit) - it makes no difference whether you have +agility items on or not the mongoose causes 3 or 4 crits per combat but with the items on to give +37 agi theres no increase.

Id even argue with Intelligence that weapon skill increase is capped +100 int makes no difference to my skill rate at my level.

Weird? Bugged character? bugged methodology? I'm not sure, im getting pretty convinced that there are indeed caps of some kind, even if its say 300 defense nothing over makes any difference.

RE: The cookie cutter theory - I don't think you are EVER going to get away from this in MMORPG because of the "Must win" sheep mentality of most players. How many elemental shamans are there on the server ? On bladefist im pretty sure im in the minority - not using 2H axe etc is frowned upon already.... haha but what about my low mana cost guaranteed crit of 1300+ on equal level mobs - but I go off topic , hee to derail your own thread.

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Brynn said:
I like it that its not the be all and end all YBER items.

Thats where daoc was crap, if somoene had an artifact, pretty much them > you.

But in wow, someone has a legendary item, oh noes!11.

You can get items which have better stat adds, and personally as a rogue, when im fighting in pvp against a mage, im disappointed in myself when i allow him to get a cast off. And even if he does, its usually a frost nova, then followed by frostbolt, because they would rather freeze me to reduce my move speed than try to nuke me before i get to them and gouge them.

How can a mage avoid getting a hit on you? any decent mage would just blink away and start pwning you, but many dont realise that blinks frees you from stuns. :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I managed to kill a guild mage last night without him even being able to sheepy me.

Stealth behind, Ambush, Vanish, Ambush, Blind, wander round to the front and hit him with a gouge. Then a CB Eviscerate.

Totals up to about 1000+1000+1400, and all little off hand hits and poison ticks. 3400 damage, which is how much hitpoints i have. A mage usually has 2700 tops.

The blind means he cant do fuck all, he *can* blink away but i have vanished, so he would have to spam frost nova or IAE, and im not dumb enough to get caught in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom