1Mb ADSL

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Im looking to upgrade to 1mb.
After having a quick look around I cant really find any reliable ISP's that offer a 1Mb for under or around £30.

I currently pay OTT for a 512k (£30) from Nildram. Great ISP and recommend them. Its actually only another £5 for a Nildram 1MB.

Before I just upgrade with Nildram what other ISP's should I look at? Bulldog look cheap but I read nothing but bad reviews and comments whenever I read about them.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Most are around £30, there seems to be a few driving the price down now but the big names mostly hover around the 30 mark.

For me the hassle of a change of ISP/webspace/email addresses for the sake of a couple of quid a month would be worth it. Imagine how you'd kick yourself if you ended up with a flaky connection or crap service.

I was lucky that I got in when it was a trial so I still pay 29 quid for my Pipex 1meg, but I think I'd stay even if I paid the bit extra.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm on Bulldog 4MB. It's great. The pings are lower than Nildrams, and download speeds are blazing fast. The customer support are a bit shoddy, should you ever need them, but they are getting better. They now have an 0800 Customer Support number.

I'm paying £20 a month.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
You can only get the Bulldog 'cheap' speedy solutions on one of their LLU exchanges, the other stuff they sell is plain ol' BT Wholesale.

:(

]SK[

One of Freddy's beloved
Aye. So looks like my only option is to upgrade to a 1mb with Nildram and pay £5 extra.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I pay £29.99 for good ol BT Openworld 1mb adsl and it never ever goes wrong downloads great blah blah no problems at all :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
If you're a heavy downloader beware in the new year though. In January BT's 30 gig cap comes in, and a bit suckily it includes traffic going in both directions in that 30 gig total.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Bulldog are 'teh suck' - I'm sadly using them atm and plan to leave asafp.

You know an ISP is a bit crap, when the likes of ADSLGuilde publish a 'how to' on breaking out of their contract early.

They're so uber-shoddy in fact that they randomly trim things off their service status pages so they don't look too shit. Even when they aren't resolved :rolleyes:

Clown

Part of the furniture
n:rolleyes::rolleyes:b
Everything is fine here. Most London people are fine. I'm a London person. Move to London.

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
Im on plus.net 1mb package. 29.99 with no usage cap and they have been fine for me for the last 2 years. Good CS when ive needed it too.

They also do a deal where the cost of the 1MB package starts at 14.99 with 1 GB cap. You can then pay something like 1.75 per GB to up your agreed cap. If you go over your agreed cap you pay something like 2 quid a GB.

Interestingly you can go for this Lite package and agree a 10GB cap which comes in at 30.74 which is more than their unlimited package....

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Eclipse's Flex product sounds like quite a good alternative if you only download big files a few times a month. It's the same price as the normal 512k package (£23.something) but you can flex up to 1Mb for 9p/hour extra.

Still in the process of regrading to Flex so couldn't tell you how well it works. Sounds like a good idea though.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Clown said:
n:rolleyes::rolleyes:b
Everything is fine here. Most London people are fine. I'm a London person. Move to London.

SK isn't in London, nor am I or for that matter the gross majority of Bulldogs customers...

You've been warned before Clown, go throwing around any kind of disparaging comments and you'll find your forums usage one again severely limited - ok?

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Make it so that he can only post in the daoc forums :D

Clown

Part of the furniture
Are you trying to say that limiting someone to the DAoC forums is some kind of punishment? No disparaging comments please. :rolleyes:

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Nah it's more like a mission of mercy, like how rock stars go and visit thirdworld countries then return home to their hundred-acre country estates. We're here to build them up not put them down.

:rolleyes:

babs

Can't get enough of FH
The 2Mbit trials start at the end of november, I don't know about nildram yet but pipex are doing their trial at £39.99 (which won't go up after the trial ends).

Worth bearing in mind if you are going for a regrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom