1H Battler or Malice as armsman?

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
well i'm wondering if i should use Malice or Battler in my 1h slot, as i will use the crush stun there will be a chance malice procs and sometimes i switch to 1h for some more defence, but battler's charge can be used whenever i want...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
What is your spec? I run 39 Crush, 42 Shield and 50 2H and I have Battler in 1H for the to hit bonus with the lower weapon skill and the charge and Malice in 2H for the arrognace charge, the proc and damage.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If your planning to actually fight with the weapon then you want malice for the proc.

If your hybrid/pure pole though, using slam and will rarely ever be using 1h styles then the Battler charge is well worth hanging onto. Malice charge is ok but in a long fight its pretty much suicidal to use, Battler charge is the all round winner with no penalty to worry about.

Even if your running in a group, you'd probably be better of saving the Battler charge and letting someone else in your assist train land the malice procs for how often your like to swing your 1H.

jrjr999

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
What is your spec? I run 39 Crush, 42 Shield and 50 2H and I have Battler in 1H for the to hit bonus with the lower weapon skill and the charge and Malice in 2H for the arrognace charge, the proc and damage.

No champ weapon?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
jrjr999 said:
No champ weapon?

No. Malice procs with a rate of 10% and the 25% debuff is just too powerful.

(Only way I'd try champ weapon is 2H Thrust for group RvR but then I would limit myself to not using 1H styles as the weapon skill would utterly suck with combined str/dex in 1H mode as opposed to str only in 2H mode.)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
It is a nice question wich will take me a full post to answer....

Malice! :p

battler just for charge

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Always Malice IMHO. As others have already posted, Malice is one of the best (if not the best) melee weapons in the game.

You need that in your life! Now, go run coins ;)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing you use mainly Pole, and swap to 1H occasionally.

What I'd suggest (unless you are attached to the /use on the Pole), would be to drag Malice 1H into the 2H slot from your inventory, thus not affecting the timer on your Battler. You'd not get the /use on Malice, but it's the proc that is most important.

It's why I swap Bruiser for Malice on my Merc, as both are there for the /proc, and leave Battler on the back and Champ weapon in left hand all the time for the /uses.

Darzil

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I'm guessing you use mainly Pole, and swap to 1H occasionally.

What I'd suggest (unless you are attached to the /use on the Pole), would be to drag Malice 1H into the 2H slot from your inventory, thus not affecting the timer on your Battler. You'd not get the /use on Malice, but it's the proc that is most important.

It's why I swap Bruiser for Malice on my Merc, as both are there for the /proc, and leave Battler on the back and Champ weapon in left hand all the time for the /uses.

Darzil

Can you get a Malice Pole?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Can you get a Malice Pole?

No, that's why I guessed he was Pole when he wasn't 1H. If he was a two hander he'd probably have been using Malice 2H, rather than talking about activating it 1H.

Darzil

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Influenza said:
Yes but only as a slash pole , unless they changed it.

Stupid Mythic. They should have Crush version as well in Pole, you can get Crush 1H and Crush 2H :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
Stupid Mythic. They should have Crush version as well in Pole, you can get Crush 1H and Crush 2H :(

I've been having a go at the TL about that for years. still no result.

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
well lets re explain it :) i'm gonna be crush pole(something like 50pole 34 - 39 crush 25 xbow 7shield rest parry) spec with champ weap in pole slot and battler or malice in 1H slot, i will be using my 1h weap for the crush stun so what effect would i 'see' more frequently? a charge every 15 mins or a proc on a weapon i'll hit my enemy 3 to 5 times with?(unless i use my 1hander almost whole fight)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Raimo said:
Whats so bad about slash/thrust?

Thrust is fine but malice/battler cannot be thrust in any kind of version so thats rather irrelivent.

Slash is just utter crap for enemy armour tables, go take a look for yourself.

Thrust is best all round for enemy armour tables, Crush is a close second and more suited for soloing, Slash is just crap for both.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Well crush would be bit too much OP me thinks,considering even rr2 armsmen hit for 500+ dmg(and i have 31%crush on my NS)
So id think if there was a crush polearm,armsman like u(rr10+) would hit over 1k,so no thx :p

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Kagato said:
Thrust is fine but malice/battler cannot be thrust in any kind of version so thats rather irrelivent.

Slash is just utter crap for enemy armour tables, go take a look for yourself.

Thrust is best all round for enemy armour tables, Crush is a close second and more suited for soloing, Slash is just crap for both.

Scale wearing hibs(Hero/Warden/Druid) all weak to slash ... casters all neutral ... mid leather(Shadowblade/Mauler)/studded(Hunter/Zerker/Savage) is weak to slash and hib rf(Blademaster/Ranger/Bard) is neutral ... So how exactly is slash gimp ?

However ... i dont think myself Malice would be best for a polearm ... as the melee bonuses for a 1 weapon out setup make it extremely difficult to get 10/10/10 ... cl weapon would be my choice ... But then again /face and spamming snare style would get abit boring after abit :(

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Punishment said:
Scale wearing hibs(Hero/Warden/Druid) all weak to slash ... casters all neutral ... mid leather(Shadowblade/Mauler)/studded(Hunter/Zerker/Savage) is weak to slash and hib rf(Blademaster/Ranger/Bard) is neutral ... So how exactly is slash gimp ?

However ... i dont think myself Malice would be best for a polearm ... as the melee bonuses for a 1 weapon out setup make it extremely difficult to get 10/10/10 ... cl weapon would be my choice ... But then again /face and spamming snare style would get abit boring after abit :(
crush -> better then slash
just compare who's resistant to slash, and who to crush ;)

Resistant to Slash
Reinforced
Bard -> support
Blademaster
Ranger
Leather
Nightshade
Vampiir

Chain
Healer -> support
Shaman -> support
Skald
Thane
Valkyrie
Warrior

Resistant to Crush
Scale
Champion
Druid
Hero
Warden

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Rub said:
crush -> better then slash
just look at the resistances of slash, and the ones of crush ;)

I have named what is weak to slash ... Only Hib/Alb leather is weak to crush and also Hib rf :D

So only thing i can conclude is you are after hibby stealthers ?

Because i dont think going for a 2nd rate damage type is worth it just for the 1h stun ... /face+snare should do the trick tbh

Also if you are just gonna blankly say Crush ---> Slash ... maybe throw in afew reasons ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Punishment said:

No Hunters/Shadowblades/Zerkers/Savages in FGs nowdays. Thurst->Crush->Slash for FGs from Alb side and since Thrust arties suck it it Crush->Thrust/Slash.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:
No Hunters/Shadowblades/Zerkers/Savages in FGs nowdays. Thurst->Crush->Slash for FGs from Alb side and since Thrust arties suck it it Crush->Thrust/Slash.
So u trying to say that mid grps dont run with a zerker o_O ?
get a clue imo.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Raimo said:
get a clue imo.

Most importantly 90% of armsmen i know of are solo ... or wannabe soloers ... not like its a challenge rr5+

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
Punishment said:
Also if you are just gonna blankly say Crush ---> Slash ... maybe throw in afew reasons ;)
well sry but i edited my post with the restances ;)
Punishment said:
Because i dont think going for a 2nd rate damage type is worth it just for the 1h stun ... /face+snare should do the trick tbh
well u get ~2 free hits with a 6s stun why not use it? (and when malice procs if i'm gonna use malice, the enemys is pwned :p)
Punishment said:
I have named what is weak to slash ... Only Hib/Alb leather is weak to crush and also Hib rf :D

So only thing i can conclude is you are after hibby stealthers ?
well there is more weak to slash(then crush) but just see what... and all support is resistant to you

but pls ppl can i get an answer on my original question

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:

Casters are neutral to everything, that arguement is not applicable.

Hero's and Wardens and druids are rarely seen solo, and in a group situration, only the druid/bard would be a priority target, the hero would usually be left till last unless bodyguarding.

In mean time all your primary targets are crush weak or neutral.

And if you spec thrust ALL hibs are neutral.

As for mids nearly all midgards primary support and tanks are all slash resistant, and savages are rarely seen these days, can't even remember the last one I fought, Zerkers are fair enough i'll grant you that but I wouldn't spec slash just to kill a zerker, which is easy to kill regardless, if it means all other tanks and support in midgard are resistant to me, not to mention skalds and valkyries etc.

You'd have to be either crazy or very short sighted to spec slash.

Over all Thrust grants the best benefits for weak/neutral vs resisted in number of classes with crush a close second, and for soloing Crush has the best options for the classes your most likely to meet.

Slash is utter crap over all, with very minor benefits for a huge penalty.

And yes I have tried all 3 damage types and even the enemies commented on how crap the damage was when I went slash.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Raimo said:
get a clue imo.

The only good zerker I have seen running around in a good FG was Raid, but let me get the clue first...

Muppet.

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:
The only good zerker I have seen running around in a good FG was Raid, but let me get the clue first...

Muppet.
Every mid grp has a zerk in it.
But as it seems u "solo" with ur armsman then u don know shit about fg RvR atm.
And we werent talking about good zerks just about that every mid fg has 1 in theire setup.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Manisch Depressiv said:
Yeah, will need Slash to kill the OP'ed solo zerker train in the FG then. I agree. Sigh.

Quit trolling ... make a point or fuck off tbh :(

Every mid group i have ever seen/run in has atleast 1 Zerker as a flexible banelord as in fg rvr having bonedancer convoker makes a whole lot more sense ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom