News 1984!

soze

I am a FH squatter
I remember laughing with friends that it could be worse you could live in china. When we heard during the Olympics about the state blocking websites as and when they want. Now we are a bit closer to the same.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't vote for them /smug

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

How can it be old, the third reading was only on the 7th April. The issue may be old, but the point is that it is now going to be UK Law!

I find it quite incredible that the UK will impose restrictions on what you can read on the web. Only countries that do that now are the same ones that also control what you read in the press. Countries in the Middle East, China, Singapore, Thailand, Burma....Now we can proudly add the UK!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
How can it be old, the third reading was only on the 7th April. The issue may be old, but the point is that it is now going to be UK Law!

I find it quite incredible that the UK will impose restrictions on what you can read on the web. Only countries that do that now are the same ones that also control what you read in the press. Countries in the Middle East, China, Singapore, Thailand, Burma....Now we can proudly add the UK!

No info in that story I have not seen previously, once the bill got through wash up, over a month ago when parliament de-solved, it was never going to not go through. It's very sad that money has talked here, this kind of law should go to a public referendum. Everyone needs to petition their mp over this tbh.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
This sort of Orwellian state has been inevitable. People didn't see the signs before they re-elected Labour and they're still to ready to believe what the goverment tells them is good for them. I didn't vote for one simple reason. In the run up to the election all I saw was Labour and Tories sniping at each other and Lib Dems taking pot-shots at the both of them.

These "People" are worse than Lawyers. Their only interest is in obtaining and maintaining power to the detriment of everyone else. We've seen it time and again, they don't care about the people of this country or about the country itself. All they care about is what's good for them. Voting would've been a waste of time because politicians are all the same.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
This sort of Orwellian state has been inevitable. People didn't see the signs before they re-elected Labour and they're still to ready to believe what the goverment tells them is good for them. I didn't vote for one simple reason. In the run up to the election all I saw was Labour and Tories sniping at each other and Lib Dems taking pot-shots at the both of them.

These "People" are worse than Lawyers. Their only interest is in obtaining and maintaining power to the detriment of everyone else. We've seen it time and again, they don't care about the people of this country or about the country itself. All they care about is what's good for them. Voting would've been a waste of time because politicians are all the same.

Wrong, you should have spoilt your ballot. These figures are noted, and give a much stronger message of discontent than simply not voting, which simply shouts apathy.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Wrong, you should have spoilt your ballot. These figures are noted, and give a much stronger message of discontent than simply not voting, which simply shouts apathy.

Fair point there mate. I didn't know they took notice of spoilt ballots, thought they simply discarded them. Something to remember for next time though =D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Hmm having been studying information and the use of for the last 2 years it's pretty shocking to realise that we as a 'free' thinking country have laws and little loopholes which track, trap and block our freedom to seek/access and disseminate information, no one has unrestricted access to information we all just have varying degrees of permission.

ooh bugger me I sounded like a real student there lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom