Zede

Part of the furniture
can any of you guys confirm his ?

I heard about some guy who flew a lot on I think it was BF2. EA took it up on themselves to "ban" the character - as they deemed his score so good he must have been cheating.

He then releases a vid on youtube showing just how good a pilot he actually is, leavng EA looking rather silly.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Dunno to be honest, although I don't think EA personally ban people it would be the admin of a server etc and yes there are some very good pilots out there who fly great. My personal favourite was the many attempts me and Fidge (I think) had trying to fly the planes in BF2 through the hanger without blowing to bits, we aded to this by standing in the way.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I remember one match where no-one would fly the Black Hawks so I took it on myself got my guys to the other side of the map, dropped them off and took off to collect some more people and I think a bird flew into me because I took off and somehow ended up upside down landing on the people I had just dropped off. Lets just say my side were not very happy lol

I never flew again :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dunno to be honest, although I don't think EA personally ban people it would be the admin of a server etc and yes there are some very good pilots out there who fly great. My personal favourite was the many attempts me and Fidge (I think) had trying to fly the planes in BF2 through the hanger without blowing to bits, we aded to this by standing in the way.

You could do that on the Dalian map if you were flying the Chinese plane quite easily. Never quite managed it on any of the other maps though :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Flying down the road of the steel bridge on Market Garden was always a good one to do. Had to bank the aircraft just right so there was just enough room to get all the way down. Only problem came when there was a German tank coming the other way... always ended in tears.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Unfortunatly ea/dice dumb the battlefield games down with each new release

Bf1942 was a great game, it had an element of skill to it, and of course it spawned the great desert combat mod.

Bfv was an ok game, fun to play but annoying after a while on the airmaps

Bf2, dumbed down so any one who can move a mouse is able to play any area, hell you don't even have to get out of you truck to repair someone. Things just become a total joke after they introduced vehicle drops.

2142, didn't buy it, putting up with bf2 was enough

This new one takes dumbing down to whole new lvls, unlimited ammo, self rdgeneration.... Think ill give it a miss

The original was the best, you only have to look at game monitor to see it still has a huge following, a lot to do with the huge mod community, something none of the other bf games have come close to.

They need to drop rankings, and go back to their roots, none of this Arcady shit where they feel people don't have to actually learn how to do anything... Jump in and play shit

I appreciate not everyone wants it any different, but I garuntee no current or future bf release (if they dont stop with the easymode attitude) will be as popular as 1942 when it's as old as it is

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I appreciate not everyone wants it any different, but I garuntee no current or future bf release (if they dont stop with the easymode attitude) will be as popular as 1942 when it's as old as it is

TBH I'd go back to playing BF1942/DC right now, but on a Vista 64 PC with a widescreen monitor, it ain't happening. I agree the game has been progressively dumbed down, and unfortunately I don't see the investment in a decent replacement coming from EA any time soon, the combination of their finances, and the joint effects of XBL and WoW sucking the life out of the online PC games market from two directions means something like BF1942 doesn't have a chance, there's just not enough money in it.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
All this talk of BF1942 has made me realise how much I actually did like the game....

So I have put a server up if anyone is interested...

"Jolt.co.uk - BF1942 All Maps"
IP: 195.149.21.103 Port: 15561

Its a 64 player server and we are going to actively make an effort to get it popular, so the more the merrier :)

I have managed to get it working on my Vista Ultimate 64bit O/S running at a resolution of 1280x1024... it doesnt look bad.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Nice one! :)

Must see if I can dig my 1942 CDs out of hiding :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
cool :).

Some images to tempt the rest of you back hehe.

Attachments

• bf1942.jpg
    bf1942.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 29
  • bf1942-2.jpg
    bf1942-2.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 25

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Fuck it!

If I wasn't so far away, I'd be there :(

Fortunately, BF42 never really died down here, and there's a couple of Aus servers that are populated 24 hours a day. Play it almost daily :D

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Looks like i'll be finding my 1942 CD's this weekend, it is still the best, loved the Tank battles in Gaza then thinking you have won before a plane spots you and reduces you to dust lol

Aada

Part of the furniture
This game is going to be a great summer multiplayer game to steal the days away with.

1200 ms pts is a bargin for this game, shame the PC version is delayed until november/december but the 360 will do for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom