Football 1752 pages!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
BBC said:
Football icon David Beckham delivers the 1,752-page bid book which he hopes will persuade Fifa to award England the 2018 World Cup.

If I was head of Fifa and someone gave me 1752 pages to encourage me to use their nation for the world cup...I'd tell them to fuck off. Who on earth wants to read that!

I realise you have to include all the good bits England has to offer for a World Cup, but surely it does not take that many pages?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
If I was head of Fifa and someone gave me 1752 pages to encourage me to use their nation for the world cup...I'd tell them to fuck off. Who on earth wants to read that!

I realise you have to include all the good bits England has to offer for a World Cup, but surely it does not take that many pages?

1,749 pages are about cooking bacon. Mmmm ;)

And there's a page about Ez's place becoming a squad crash pad. :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
haha pages 20-200 are Beckhams favourite crayon pictures?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
As if. Romeo & Brooklyn have to do the colouring in for him :p

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
1500 of the pages are a frame-by-frame screenshot replay of the goal Beckham scored in the 2-2 draw to send England to the last world cup.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Should have clubbed the useless old fucker around the head with it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I realise you have to include all the good bits England has to offer

does not take that many pages?

Nail on the head there, it maybe takes one page.

With a picture of england just in case someone forgot.

That takes 3/4 of the page.

And a large title.

:p

About reaading the 1.7k, it's their job so.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
hmm..what actualy Is good about England ?

from the pov of the rest of us...

Turamber

Part of the furniture
England? The home of Shakespeare, The Beatles, Led Zepellin, Deep Purple, Robin Hood and King Arthur? England, where the Magna Carta was conceived and the concept of the Divine Right of Kings challenged and the rule of law over common man and noble cemented.

I could go on but England is pretty damn special. Being born English is to win the lottery of life.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So you should be handed the WC because a band called the beatles was popular in the 60's ? or an old poet once lived in enland ?

wohoo!

Give DK the WC hell we had HC anderson and Vikings!
we win!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
We do,
but we arent the ones asking for the WC now are we...
so thats really beside the point, although if we ever did,
we'd prob host it together with Sweden. and it would more likely be the EC than the WC.

so again,

what makes England a good host for the wc ?

if you asked me,

- The inventors of modern football, good stadiums, Long football history & traditions,
- Alot of options and possibilities for turists and fans to both enjoy football but also cultur, entertainment ect...

but I guess, we have the beatles is a better argument ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
So you should be handed the WC because a band called the beatles was popular in the 60's ? or an old poet once lived in enland ?

wohoo!

!

Who said that? You asked what was good about Britain and Turamber replied so dont get why you went off an a tangent :S

Olgaline

FH is my second home
This is a thread about englands bid for the Wc is it not ?
so i asked whats actually good about england
the "in that aspect" was preaty much implied..

so yes I fail to see the significance of shakespear being engish in that aspect.
or how that would contribute to, or be an argument for giving England the WC.

- English -

Resident Freddy
i think england can say byebye to the WC bid after the FAcup finals pitch and that tard from the fa on the news..

Marc

FH is my second home

so yes I fail to see the significance of shakespear being engish in that aspect.
or how that would contribute to, or be an argument for giving England the WC.

But no one had claimed that, only you! Thats what im saying. No one said England should get the world cup on the basis of famous people

Turamber

Part of the furniture

Not implied at all. Besides the importance of England culturally to world history is part of our bid. That we've only had one World Cup here is very poor indeed.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
England? The home of Shakespeare, The Beatles, Led Zepellin, Deep Purple, Robin Hood and King Arthur? England, where the Magna Carta was conceived and the concept of the Divine Right of Kings challenged and the rule of law over common man and noble cemented.

I could go on but England is pretty damn special. Being born English is to win the lottery of life.

That's all well and good, but how about lately?

soze

I am a FH squatter
hmm..what actualy Is good about England ?

from the pov of the rest of us...

England used to be the shit we owned most of the world. Now we are just shit :) For a country that used to have such a proud and rich history we are in a shit state. But at least we have the best Football League in the world :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
In regards to hosting to world cup there are loads of reasons, who are the other nations we're up against? Russia, USA and spain/portugal? imo only Spain/Portugal should be in with a chance against us. Russia is too big and doesnt have the infrastructure, USA has had it too recently.

Anyway, with the English press trying to scupper our chances already, it probably won't happen.

gohan

FH is my second home
to be fair we're one of the few countries with the stadiums to host the games
wembley 100k
old trafford 80k
emirates 60k
anfield/st james park/city of manchester 50k
villa park/stamford bridge 40k
and plenty of high 30's like whitehart lane upton park goodison st marys st andrews bellend road ectectect

plus we invented football so if u don't let us have it we will take our ball and go home and last time it was here we won it and we want to win it again PLZ and the prem is the most gooderest league in the world and STUFF>>>>>>>>>..........

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
In regards to hosting to world cup there are loads of reasons, who are the other nations we're up against? Russia, USA and spain/portugal? imo only Spain/Portugal should be in with a chance against us. Russia is too big and doesnt have the infrastructure, USA has had it too recently.

Anyway, with the English press trying to scupper our chances already, it probably won't happen.

Russia will probably get it. They've pumped millions and millions into their bid and have never had one. USA won't get it because it will go to Europe. Spain/Portugal won't get it because Portugal aren't really interested and Spain are doing all the work. England won't get it because FIFA hate us.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
England would be alot cheaper to travel to..

Spain portugal would be nice though,

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i take it russias bid only includes a fraction of Russia? imagine having to travel 5000 miles between games, no thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom