?

K

knoll

give it a go if u are looking for a game that requires atleast a micron of player skill..

not like daoc thats 70% equipment and RR rest 30% luck.

its cool now that they merged a few servers and made some new landscape.

C

Cronn

You mean this game is actually out ?

Don't think i've seen it in the shops.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Never released in Europe afaik.

Nope, it hasnt been released over here afaik either.

Was released in the US quite a while ago and from what i can gather they missed the mark making the game too easy.

Also they did a complete wipe of half the servers when they merged them, that pissed a lot of people off :(

http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=5138

Read a few threads.

K

knoll

Originally posted by Faeldawn
Nope, it hasnt been released over here afaik either.

Was released in the US quite a while ago and from what i can gather they missed the mark making the game too easy.

Also they did a complete wipe of half the servers when they merged them, that pissed a lot of people off :(

http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=5138

Read a few threads.

to easy to lvl yes cause the game revolves around PvP not fucking lvl'ing for ages to learn that sorry your class is gimped...

and yes it might have pissed off a few ppl that they merged some servers but they had to many what would u like 100 daoc servers with 10ppl on each or 10 servers with max population.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by knoll
to easy to lvl yes cause the game revolves around PvP not fucking lvl'ing for ages to learn that sorry your class is gimped...

and yes it might have pissed off a few ppl that they merged some servers but they had to many what would u like 100 daoc servers with 10ppl on each or 10 servers with max population.

Easy to spot a daoc poster by the agressive attitude (and poor grammar) and the fact they like to state the blatantly obvious.

Levelling your character is an integral part of any rpg, if levelling your character is easy, you dont appreciate it as much. It's a case of "spare the whip, spoil the child", if levelling your character is no challenge then why level at all?

I understand why they did what they did with the servers, but it did lose them a large number of players.

Wonder what the pvp content is like? Sounds pretty epic.

E

Ebonn

Game was shit, didnt get the numbers they hoped for, they merged servers, they pissed off some of the few remaining players, they left and what you have now is a shit game that not many people play.

The controls are bad, the graphics are terrible, the combat is lacking and thats the good bits about it.

Btw i didnt like it as you can tell so my views are a little biased, but still true imo :)

Agree with what you say about char leveling aswell Faeldawn, although theres a fine line between whats challenging and downright annoying.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Ebonn
Agree with what you say about char leveling aswell Faeldawn, although theres a fine line between whats challenging and downright annoying.

Very true.

K

knoll

true im a former Daoc player and ye my grammar sucks all though lvl is a part of the game it shouldnt be 90% of the game...

and the way they keep fucking player over in daoc is just plain stupid and im not gonna pay a company that doesnt give a fock about their customers..

and when it comes to skill DAOC is 100 miles behind all u have to do is press 1 button and hope for the best or worst kind scenario press 2 buttons and hope for the best.

then again they might nerf u and give u a single line respec not that is never enough and u need to farm money for respec stones both RA and skill and ofc then buy a new set of SC MP armour good job mythic.

F

Faeldawn

true im a former Daoc player and ye my grammar sucks all though lvl is a part of the game it shouldnt be 90% of the game...

and the way they keep fucking player over in daoc is just plain stupid and im not gonna pay a company that doesnt give a fock about their customers..

and when it comes to skill DAOC is 100 miles behind all u have to do is press 1 button and hope for the best or worst kind scenario press 2 buttons and hope for the best.

then again they might nerf u and give u a single line respec not that is never enough and u need to farm money for respec stones both RA and skill and ofc then buy a new set of SC MP armour good job mythic.

Ok, this isnt a DAoC discussion.

Everything you posted here is splashed all over the DAoC forums and has been for several years and is the source of countless flame wars. Keep it off this forum please dude.

C

chi_

Ok, this isnt a DAoC discussion.

Everything you posted here is splashed all over the DAoC forums and has been for several years and is the source of countless flame wars. Keep it off this forum please dude.

We wouldn't want this thread pushing the relevant ones off the page, would we?

G

grimster

Easy to spot a daoc poster by the agressive attitude (and poor grammar) and the fact they like to state the blatantly obvious.

Levelling your character is an integral part of any rpg, if levelling your character is easy, you dont appreciate it as much. It's a case of "spare the whip, spoil the child", if levelling your character is no challenge then why level at all?

I understand why they did what they did with the servers, but it did lose them a large number of players.

Wonder what the pvp content is like? Sounds pretty epic.

You talk about challenge? I don't know what games you play really...but you need to seperate time consuming with challenge.

There is a reason xp grps with PBAOE exsist in DAOC for example and are the most popular exp method by far, just to get to the goal of lvl 50 and most often RvR.

Now you might say not all like to RvR, true true and some (you i guess) like the challenge of exping your char.

Most like to get their char to 50 then do the "challenging" part of RvR or explore high level dungeons. atleast when they have played awhile. altho RvR in Daoc is as challenging as watching paint dry imo.

Well each to his own...you keep on corking the champagne every 6th month when you leveled your new char to 50...the challenging way.

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by grimster
You talk about challenge? I don't know what games you play really...but you need to seperate time consuming with challenge.

There is a reason xp grps with PBAOE exsist in DAOC for example and are the most popular exp method by far, just to get to the goal of lvl 50 and most often RvR.

Now you might say not all like to RvR, true true and some (you i guess) like the challenge of exping your char.

Most like to get their char to 50 then do the "challenging" part of RvR or explore high level dungeons. atleast when they have played awhile. altho RvR in Daoc is as challenging as watching paint dry imo.

Well each to his own...you keep on corking the champagne every 6th month when you leveled your new char to 50...the challenging way.

....and your point is....?

Once again, this isnt DAoC discussion, pls go troll (and contradict yourself several times in one thread) elsewhere.

G

grimster

....and your point is....?

Once again, this isnt DAoC discussion, pls go troll (and contradict yourself several times in one thread) elsewhere.

Why should I try bother explaining my point when you got your head so far up your own ass.

My grammar is poor too?

When you can't say anything constructive you lash out your cool statements about others flaws?

You my friend are PwNeD

C

chi_

Originally posted by grimster
Why should I try bother explaining my point when you got your head so far up your own ass.

My grammar is poor too?

When you can't say anything constructive you lash out your cool statements about others flaws?

You my friend are PwNeD

lol.

u si pnwed

K

knoll

no this isn't a daoc forum true...

thats my point though i played mmorpgs since the start what i was trying to say in my own crappy grammar and spelling was that Shadowbane own Daoc.

atleast when it comes to player skill in 1 vs 1 hmm and when it comes to fg vs fg compared to DAOC.

i got lvl 60 mage/bard in SB as well so im traversed in both games.

K

knoll

ubisoft is releasing SB in europe in january hopefully more PvP ppl will join this 100% PvP game with no safe zone's.

im thinking the old UO veterans would find themself at home.

this is what we got atleast untill Darkfall is released "another 100% PvP game".

jump on the train leave the carebears to their games.

join the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom