15 Years on!

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
Hello everyone!

Mckfly - Daoc Prydwen
Jamza - Daoc Prydwen

Left around 2003/4

So with the 15 year anniversary of Daoc upon us and the 30 days free spammed into my inbox. I thought I would rekindle some great memories and have a wonder around the vast maps after soooooo long.

Obviously this game is long dead but brought so many great memories back. Late nights falling asleep at the keyboard mainly killing trees.

But what is everyone up too would be great to hear from any old guildys or anyone who played with my characters.

Especially a Shout out too!
Oswald, Gwaen, Isos, Mattshanes, Soul, the one and only Yelisar and let's not forget my first wife traia Hrodlebert... Among many other great players you truly made my gaming experience one to remember..

If anyone reads this and knows any of these peeps let them know would be great to catch up again

So what is everyone else doing... 15 years later!!!!

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
I have loaded up Uthgard, I liked the idea of the classic playing although i forgot how difficult it was to level! ;)

Afran

Part of the furniture
Hai, I recognise your name on the Paladin~ I'll pm Sycho (Mattshanes) this thread :^)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Mckfly!!! yo mate hope you are ok? :D come to Uthgard Midgard, i am under the name Sycho....used to be Mattshanes the Theurg i will help you lvl a char and such. :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe hey Mckfly - I remember you and Hrodelbert well back in the day when LoE were recruiting good players fast and PL lost people like Thrinnor to the 'Borg' :D Hope life is treating you well old boy :)

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
Mckfly!!! yo mate hope you are ok? :D come to Uthgard Midgard, i am under the name Sycho....used to be Mattshanes the Theurg i will help you lvl a char and such. :)

Well a blast from the past both! =D

As much as it would be great to login a play I am very unfamiliar with mid.. will see! How are you all old friends!

Jup, The one and only life is good 15 years on! I cant deny age is now catching up both me and Feryl/Nxs how are Pl and the gang doing what you playing if any now.. am i correct in thinking its called Dawn now.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
There's not many old school pryds playing on Uthgard, some after you quit.

You will learn Midgard...besides good thing with Uthgard you can switch realms with a 1 week cooldown and not lose chars!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Well a blast from the past both! =D

As much as it would be great to login a play I am very unfamiliar with mid.. will see! How are you all old friends!

Jup, The one and only life is good 15 years on! I cant deny age is now catching up both me and Feryl/Nxs how are Pl and the gang doing what you playing if any now.. am i correct in thinking its called Dawn now.

If you're on Alb, I can throw some plat your way, I barely play.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Sadly I lost interest in MMORPG games (too much time invested) and lost touch with the PL crew. I'd like to think they are still going and going from strength to strength. I don't know of a name change, but then considering how many 'Phoenix Legion's I just found using google it might be a decent idea. Defoe would turn in his grave hearing that :)

Glad things are going well for you... enjoy your gaming whatever it is, and feel free to come and join in in the main general areas if you want... we don't bite***

*** may not be entirely true :p

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
I believe they are still going strong I have also stopped playing MMO for many years now playing the game of life too. Nxs/Feryl/Leathen tells me Dwan/PL are still active in recent games

Another guild who i believe are still around is griffon Knights

I am sure Camelot Unchained will pull together a few names to remember and if for anything else I think I will join for that reason. Anyone else.. ;)

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
If you're on Alb, I can throw some plat your way, I barely play.
Thats very kind,

I dont think ill be active enough to warrant this if anything its more to spark my memories of wondering around for hours or jumping around Camelot re living it without the people =D. But if others end up going on maybe one weekend I would join in too for the gags ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pretty much how I felt with the classic server, I gave it a go but just couldn't find the time to get anywhere.

I am hoping Camelot unchained can offer some dip in and out action but it appears its in development lock, hopefully not vapourware but its been a few years now since donations.

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
I believe they are still going strong I have also stopped playing MMO for many years now playing the game of life too. Nxs/Feryl/Leathen tells me Dwan/PL are still active in recent games

Another guild who i believe are still around is griffon Knights

I am sure Camelot Unchained will pull together a few names to remember and if for anything else I think I will join for that reason. Anyone else.. ;)

Disciples of Aldur was alive on live servers untill 2 month ago, when i stoped playing :D

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
Disciples of Aldur was alive on live servers untill 2 month ago, when i stoped playing :D

Wow that's a guild I haven't heard in awhile, I was a member of doa with the blue and yellow colours if I remember rightly yellisar was a member too if I'm not mistaken

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Wow that's a guild I haven't heard in awhile, I was a member of doa with the blue and yellow colours if I remember rightly yellisar was a member too if I'm not mistaken
Yea you're right, Scunner was GM along with Yeli, and when Scun left Lubbock took his Place, then after a few years (i Think 2006/2007ish) i took over as GM, might have been earlier, I mostly played a Wiz named Warlocks and my Theurg Danaava :), my wifey played a Cleric named Furia and later on a Necro called Ethna

Mckfly

Loyal Freddie
Yea you're right, Scunner was GM along with Yeli, and when Scun left Lubbock took his Place, then after a few years (i Think 2006/2007ish) i took over as GM, might have been earlier, I mostly played a Wiz named Warlocks and my Theurg Danaava :), my wifey played a Cleric named Furia and later on a Necro called Ethna

God thoes names Scunner was such a nice guy I almost forgot!, I remember levelling together and raiding with Lub. I remember your toon too Danaava =D I joined DOA just after Lost souls in late 2003 I think, although I joined many guilds through my time rage quitting and re joining almost every guild there was I hopped around more times than the watership down crew! I even joined the well respected sotl with Jamza, although I had to infiltrate them to prove a point I could as my original paladin mckfly fell out with the original Gm who rejected poor younger me :( then when I came clean arti took the pleasure in logging back in to kick me =D But had fun during the time, spilt milk and maturity from all party's but all part of the gaming experience I'd hope we can be friends now xoxo ;)

I was GM of praetorian guards with Traia and NXS then we handed the reigns over to Barbour who did a fantastic job and keeping the guild alive for years later. I then met someone IRL who I introduced into the game and played excal for an additional year as yet another paladin obtained ful ML then we disbanded our group together IRL I moved away to and began real life stuff, and well here we are...

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Another guild who i believe are still around is griffon Knight

We were about on hib/uth for a bit, I joined later in the party when majority had left. A few of us transferred to Alb(well, me, Oswaldo and Mirella did) a couple still on hob and Martok went to mid I believe. Think its too much of a grind nowadays, I only log on as its a time sink. Us GKs are all on Facebook and general feeling is waiting for unchained

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I want those fifteen years back ... I had hair then and could see more of my shoes over my belly :(

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
more dead than Ywain now ?:whistle:

Still has 1k players prime time, so like 2-3x the number of Ywain because no buffbots.

I just returned from a summer break, and thought the 8 man is still decent + if you like the zerg game alb/hib runs it a lot it seem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom