15:58 GMT mass linkdead on Glastonbury.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
As has been par for the course this last week we have had yet another mass linkdead on Glastonbury. 90% of my guild was dropped, the players from all over the EU. Please please please can someone at GOA recognise that there is a problem and start looking into the recent pingplots posted in the sticky thread.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
As has been par for the course this last week we have had yet another mass linkdead on Glastonbury. 90% of my guild was dropped, the players from all over the EU. Please please please can someone at GOA recognise that there is a problem and start looking into the recent pingplots posted in the sticky thread.

didn't LD but was close still died , must remember to rightnow the 17g owned to get con back :)

There was no lag, just a glitch in your reality...

:m00:

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:

u mean GOA to admit that they have a problem instead of blaming european backbone?
hello, what planet are u from? :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Oboy said:
u mean GOA to admit that they have a problem instead of blaming european backbone?
hello, what planet are u from? :p

I am not sure GOA have a problem, I just want them to recognise that there is one and have a look into it for us.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
16:28 GMT and another wave of LD's across Hibernia.

B

Biggilus

will cost GOA too much money to change contract to avoid the hop thats messing everythign up

ah well :(

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
ohhhhh nooooooess fotm server had LDs....

yeah, all the other servers was running fine and no LDs....

:drink:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Biggilus said:
will cost GOA too much money to change contract to avoid the hop thats messing everythign up

ah well :(

More like they cant since the are owned by France Telecom, and they will use their own services naturally.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Constant massive lag and LDs ruined the entire afternoon's questing on Excal - people from England, Denmark, Sweden, Faroe Islands and Holland all going LD at once. Lag and LDs happened in all zones and instances.

The game is fucking unplayable ATM.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
MadsKaizer said:
ohhhhh nooooooess fotm server had LDs....

yeah, all the other servers was running fine and no LDs....

:drink:

Hmm fotm? Surely that can't be, not after 3 months, surely you mean fotquarter? Then when May comes around we shall I have to change that again. I guess now that the predictions of a mass exodus didn't come true people have to slag off the server one way or another. :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Svartmetall said:
Constant massive lag and LDs ruined the entire afternoon's questing on Excal - people from England, Denmark, Sweden, Faroe Islands and Holland all going LD at once. Lag and LDs happened in all zones and instances.

The game is fucking unplayable ATM.

Grim isn't it, going to have to seriously if it is worth spending another £8 next week for a game that I can't play and haven't been able to for nearly a week without huge lag and a silly amount of linkdeads.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
sounds like a news flash ! I'll contact the BBC !

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Wow, look at all the useful ping plots you produced..

/end sarcasm

Its opentrashite yet again, I too wish they would sort this, but its like talking to BT these days, they never admit fault either.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:

/end sarcasm

cHodAX said:

Whoonoob.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=180161

More than enough there to keep GoA busy.

Try the Us servers =) No lag at all.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Whoodoo said:

/end sarcasm

If you look in the thread where pingplots are supposed tob be posted for the attention of GOA you will see the pingplots I produced earlier this week, I am in the middle of recording a set right now. Hundreds of people are being affected by this, if you can't come up with something constructive to say then I suggest you say nothing at all.

C

chikara

didn't catch the one at 15:58 - got the one at 16:55 though.

friday10thfeb16556ud.jpg

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
For you both, last weeks traceroute is worthless, and as GOA have said before, more up to date plots are whats needed, its no good throwing a paddy without giving GOA what they ask for is it, yesterdays lag spikes may well have bugger all to do with todays with the amount of equipment between you and the servers.

chodax said:
if you can't come up with something constructive to say then I suggest you say nothing at all.
The sdtart to this thread is hardly helpful is it, guessing as everyone who has LDd already knows its lagging, you just stated the obvious.

Cozak said:
Try the Us servers =) No lag at all.
Sod off back there then, why are you posting here if you are having so much fun there?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
chikara said:
didn't catch the one at 15:58 - got the one at 16:55 though.

friday10thfeb16556ud.jpg

Thanks for the pingplot, shove it in the official thread as well please. There is something very wierd going on here thats for sure, I think it may end up being a problem in 2 or 3 places and not just one router playing up.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Whoodoo said:
For you both, last weeks traceroute is worthless, and as GOA have said before, more up to date plots are whats needed, its no good throwing a paddy without giving GOA what they ask for is it, yesterdays lag spikes may well have bugger all to do with todays with the amount of equipment between you and the servers.

The sdtart to this thread is hardly helpful is it, guessing as everyone who has LDd already knows its lagging, you just stated the obvious.

As I already stated, I am recording a new set right now. No one is throwing a paddy, we are informing GOA that there is a problem.

Again your post adds nothing to the thread, please desist.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Sod off back there then, why are you posting here if you are having so much fun there?

Posting in a public forum, what does it look like?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, fair doos chodax, it wasnt aimed at you btw. :)

Does anyone know any other games hosted in Paris, would be interesting to compare ping plots against them, to see if they suffer the same fate...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
old.Whoodoo said:
Ok, fair doos chodax, it wasnt aimed at you btw. :)

Does anyone know any other games hosted in Paris, would be interesting to compare ping plots against them, to see if they suffer the same fate...

Fair enough bud, I take back anything I said here or in the other thread that wasn't nice, I just want this problem looking into so I can get back to playing my Eldtrich on Glastonbury. I agree that shouting abuse at GOA isn't going to help but they really do need to get a move on or risk losing alot of those players who returned to play Darkness Rising. None of us, pro-GOA or otherwise want to see that happen just when the game was on it's way back up again.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
From the information we have at the moment, it looks as though at least part of the problem is caused by Frankfurt basically disappearing off the map and everything that would normally go through there being shunted via London instead. As Frankfurt is one of the busiest internet centres in the world, that's a lot of traffic for an already very busy node to handle.

There may be other problems as well which are contributing but we are looking into them and passing on all the nfo that we can to the relevant authorities.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
Fair enough bud, I take back anything I said here or in the other thread that wasn't nice, I just want this problem looking into so I can get back to playing my Eldtrich on Glastonbury. I agree that shouting abuse at GOA isn't going to help but they really do need to get a move on or risk losing alot of those players who returned to play Darkness Rising. None of us, pro-GOA or otherwise want to see that happen just when the game was on it's way back up again.
Im with ya m8, doesnt bode well for returning / new players :( althought I will say other games do suffer the same, got booted off Guild Wars earlier too.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Requiel said:
From the information we have at the moment, it looks as though at least part of the problem is caused by Frankfurt basically disappearing off the map and everything that would normally go through there being shunted via London instead. As Frankfurt is one of the busiest internet centres in the world, that's a lot of traffic for an already very busy node to handle.

There may be other problems as well which are contributing but we are looking into them and passing on all the nfo that we can to the relevant authorities.

Thanks for the update, guess it could settle down some over the weekend. Here's hoping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom