News 14% pay rise?

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
police and fire are secure jobs i would say other than that were all cannon fodder lol :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
because of the legacy of the Tories before them

Whilst I agree with most of what you wrote this just made me laugh. What did the Tories leave Labour? A country in the black. Unlike the previous handover where we owed the IMF 20 Billion GBP!

Labour once more are borrowing heavily in an atempt to keep things looking good until the next election. The fact is they've been spending more than they receive for years and still harping on about tax cuts. It will be interesting to see how they pay it back if they win.

I half expect Gordon Brown to be seen running over the hills back to Scotland shouting, "Ha ha, may have taken 250 years but we got you fuckers back!"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whilst I agree with most of what you wrote this just made me laugh. What did the Tories leave Labour? A country in the black. Unlike the previous handover where we owed the IMF 20 Billion GBP!

You're missing my point; the Tories deliberately went down the route of interest rates as the only method of intervention in the economy; effectively closing the door to tax or public spending as alternate methods. It was so successful that Labour had no choice but to use the same method (which is why nuLabour haven't raised the base or top rate of tax and have dicked around with allowances instead), and in normal circumstances interest rates would be the right method, unfortunately these aren't normal times.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
It always makes me laugh when people compare the parties to x years ago and if it's relevant, because by that logic labour should never get in again. Wasn't it the labour party who came to power after WW2 by promising to bring the troops home, a very popular subject at the time as you can imagine, but then failed to deliever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom