12 monkeys v 5th element

12 monkeys v 5th element ?

• Total voters

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Took all quarter of a second to decide :D

Though that was only to remember what 12 monkeys was.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can't compare, two very different films. It's easier to watch 5th Element, but more rewarding watching 12 monkeys.

Ole Brucey is excellent in both.

Can we have a third "both equally good option" please?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Agree with Ch3t on that one, cant really pick one from the other.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, to me it's a choice of entertainment too.

12 monkeys, while an interesting film, didn't appeal to me that much. Sure, it's a good movie, but all things considered, it just didn't leave me with the major measure of my film experiences; does it leave me with the feeling that lasts.

With movies like matrix, it's easy 'cause it's the whole "world behind world" theme. You walk out and think about it, compare, think what if.

5th element appeals to my "wish i was there" gland in that form.

12 monkeys sure is a think movie, but it just doesn't leave me with the lasting feeling. It's a FAF movie really.

I'm not quite sure what it is that makes it a lesser movie/story, but as a whole, 5th element simply has more + then -.

Oh and Milla ofcourse is a big + :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
gotta love the visualisation of 5th

Gaultier's costumes are superb
and Milla...well ! nuff said
Gary Oldman is excellent

Chronictank

FH is my second home
5th element i can watch again and again
I can't really say i would do the same for 12 monkeys personally, while a good movie re-watchability was somewhat thin for me

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
12 Monkeys, took me less than 1 second to decide. But I agree, you need a 'both' option.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
12 monkeys

Chris Tuckers character totaly destroys 5th element imo... if i want to se Milla, i watch Resident Evil

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
good point actually. I always want to punch Chris Tucker in the face about 15 seconds after his character arrives in 5th Element.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
12 Monkeys, a film to really make you think. 5th Element is more to admire Miss Jovich and the sfx.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
5th element i can watch again and again
I can't really say i would do the same for 12 monkeys personally, while a good movie re-watchability was somewhat thin for me

yep, I watched 12 monkeys once, seem to remember I enjoyed it and thought it was good but cannot really remember what it was about or what happened.

5th element I could watch until my eyes pop and still enjoy it every time; I love the director, the scenery, the concept, the costumes, the cast are fantastic and there isn't anything about the movie I don't like tbh.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Are you freaking kidding me? 12 Monkeys, no question. Absolutely fantastic film, one of the few where Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis don't suck ass and one of the only films to depict time travel with no glaringly obvious paradoxes.

Fifth Element is great fun but it's no contest really.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Are you freaking kidding me? 12 Monkeys, no question. Absolutely fantastic film, one of the few where Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis don't suck ass and one of the only films to depict time travel with no glaringly obvious paradoxes.

Fifth Element is great fun but it's no contest really.

Get out lol, 12 monkeys was good the first time you see it but after that its utter balls :p 5th element you can watch over and over and it never gets old or boring.

MULTIPASS!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
68% > 31% so far

5th is kicking 12's arse

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm not surprised considering those who have actually bothered to vote.

heh ;p

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hehe I have that song on my playlist...love it!

12 doesn't have a song tbh...5th wins again.

[edit: that girl singing the diva song was great and i love the funny faces she pulls when changing pitch rofl]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom