10k SoG accounts gone in 1min 20 sec ^^

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
<waves too> :)

Let us know if you're sorting a guild at any point Fana. Unsure how many aesir's got in. Can maybe do a merger with the GoP lot (from alb/pryd) too.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
i didn't get one :mad: anyone know if they're gonna release any more?

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
They said they will yep. Not before the 13th (and release of SoG) though.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I would be very interested in a guild :) Would be happy to join any venture you are looking into, as i seriously doubt there will be enough aesirs in SoG - most dont even seem to know what SoG is ^^

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
On a side note, has anyone else noticed the very poor english used throughout the DaL website. Makes me wonder if it will be the same in the game. Guess it wont affect playability, but it will certainly affect immersion.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
There are a lot of problems with this SoG release. The main one from my point of view (no racist accusations please) is the Chinese testers being let in before us (they're on the same server).

That would be fine except they're well organised, in a massive alliance and ALL going Dark. They also get some other nice things (free uniforms/equipment etc).

Guess that's what you get for paying NP3 3 Million euros :eek7:

http://www.darkandlight.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38591

</scaremongering>

PS. Posted on the GoP forums, will see what they're doing (think a fair few got in or are Pioneers) :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Well, cant find the client download anywhere, and seems im not alone in that. Although if some people are to be belived they are apparently downloading as we speak, but there is no reliable info. Anyone got any idea of whats going on?

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
The launcher (~4.5 meg) was uploaded, someone found out (by guessing urls I suppose), posted on the forums, a few people managed to grab it before they removed it (obviously didn't want people starting until they were ready).

So still waiting on the official release of it :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Its a bit funny that their is no official news on their website. Will never understand the stonewalling that is so prevalent amongst mmorpg companies - one of the people in their office taking 2 min to post something about whats going on now and then would make them look so much better that i cant describe it. Would show some respect for their customers (or potential customers in this case).

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Aye couldn't agree more. It's been like this for a while. Baffling why they release absolutely nothing. Can only assume it's down to AD (who, if I understand correctly, do the PR work) not getting info from the devs?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Still no update on their Download or News section though. I just dont get why its so damn hard to post something there as that is the natural place to look for info.

motestw

Fledgling Freddie
Dark and Light I been inside there alpha beta tester we can call it

damm weird characters grafics

France ofc

mmorpg corp who dont care a "shitfuck about there paying Custumers"
I dont waste my time one "outgrown that factor now"

I love CCP and EVE Online and I will never leave it..

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ok i have seen the game in action for quite a while now ;) and to me the game is AWSOME!

No really it is amazing yes performance issues crop up but this is a game where all you people running 4 year old machines won't be running it to its full potential and will probably cry when you see its performance on your machine.

On my machine the game runs a dream it looks the part and plays nice too.

The game has improved alot ive been seeing it in action now since it was in alpha (thats how long ive seen my friend or me playing it).

The game is wonderful but if your someone who is expecting it to be the next WoW you won't like it.. this game is for pretty much the experianced MMO player who doesn't like it handed to him on a plate.

There is alot to do the quests are well thought and well written yes there are quests with kill xx but im afraid that is part of MMO life now.. i mean think about it.. how else could you make a quest fun? there isn't really alot of options apart from adding a nice backstory to the quest.

Soaring through the sky on a Dragon is really something you have to do as soon as you can.. ive spent many hours just flying around into various towns and flying off again and just basicly having fun and not worrying about lvling up.

I'm a Pioneer so i'll be on the game tomorrow sometime hopfully 10am if things go smoothly :)

See you all in game :)

my machine is as follows:

AMD64 3400

2gig DDR 400

400 gig HDD

X850 256MB

so if you want the best performance and something around that you will love the look of the game. (btw 1gig is pretty much minimum for this game)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Finally managed to log in now. Wasnt very impressed with what i saw :/

Character creation was very basic and the visual options adjustment was buged, could only move one of the sliders (hair), rest didnt budge at all. When i got into the game i also couldnt adjust my gfx options (or rather they didnt save or adjust as i exited the options. I had about 5fps ingame on low settings, and it didnt improve when i got away from all the people at the log-in point. Movement was very shakey and stuttery, and the terrain was pretty ugly close up, as were the player avatars and mobs. Only thing that impressed was the long distance terrain and the view distance. Interface was very non-intuitive and i could not even figure out how to engage in combat (or rather nothing happened when i pressed the icon for melee combat). It crashed after about 10 min.

I doubt ill be loging back on in a while. Will likely keep checking it out now and then but so far im very glad i didnt buy a Pioneer account.

Scutter

Fledgling Freddie
This game could be very good, but SoG needs to stabalize a lot before we can really tell.

Despite what farlan tell us, this is just a glorified beta test geared for server testing, I think the closed beta is there to test character changes and content. I think it will be a couple of weeks before things start to settle down and it become 'playable'.

I did notice some improvement when I notched the graphics mode setting at the log in screen down to 3, it wasn't as jumpy.

If it's still a pile of arse at time of release I think I'll look towards Darkfall / The Chronicals of Spellborn.

But I am happy to see that there are games in development that are very involved with political structures and in depth combat/PvP as many that are around now just have no lasting appeal.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well the SOG server is now stable.. they did this in 1-3 days something like this takes 1-2 weeks so they worked hard.

Now they just have to get come content in..

Im in beta and SOG they are both very different.

Airalith

Loyal Freddie
agree with the above. Gotta remember SOG isnot DnL and tehy are v different. Im in beta aswell and there is alot of good ideas that i saw (before SoG anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom