10 year Anniversary event incoming (Fat lewts!)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This November marks the 10-year anniversary of World of Warcraft, and we’re cooking up a few in-game plans to commemorate the occasion. Here’s a quick preview of what’s in store:

Tarren Mill vs. Southshore: The Rematch
If you engaged in PvP early on in WoW, you might have fond memories of—and perhaps a few scars from—the endless tug-of-war between Horde and Alliance players at Tarren Mill and Southshore. To recapture that feeling, we’ll be opening a Team Deathmatch–style Battleground based on that timeless struggle. However, unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, there will be a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat.

Molten Core Gets Boosted
Molten Core provided many WoW players with their first taste of WoW raiding. For the anniversary celebration, max-level players will be able to participate in a special 40-player Raid Finder version to relive the experience of hunting down Ragnaros and his minions within his fiery lair. Downing the Firelord will earn you an Achievement and a special Core Hound mount reward (fireproof leg armor not included).

mvbar853.png

Corgi-licious
Anyone who logs in during the 10-year anniversary event will also be able to claim a feisty, fiery new pet: the Molten Corgi! Just think of the corgi-parade potential when you and your friends summon these wee waddling balls of fire for a walk.

These events and rewards will only be available for a limited time, so make sure to check back with us later for more information on when you can expect to see them in-game. ‘Til then, we’re looking forward to celebrating 10 epic years with you!

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Looks absolutely amazing. Definitely looking forward to this :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The Corehound mount is fucking huge as well - human in there for scale

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fuck that, I want the pet.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
However, unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, there will be a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat.

And that alone proves that Blizzard doesn't get it and that it will fail miserably. The whole point of TM vs SS back in the day were because it was fun. Not because we wanted to "win". Not because we wanted rewards. It was fun, it was laid back, no one took it seriously.

So making a fucking battlegrounds out of it just takes EVERYTHING that mattered about it away.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
And that alone proves that Blizzard doesn't get it and that it will fail miserably. The whole point of TM vs SS back in the day were because it was fun. Not because we wanted to "win". Not because we wanted rewards. It was fun, it was laid back, no one took it seriously.

So making a fucking battlegrounds out of it just takes EVERYTHING that mattered about it away.

It can't fail. its just a temp event :p and they do get it, the point in it is to give people closure over the TM vs SS wars that never ended before, now it technically can end.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Again, we didn't CARE about winning or losing. We wanted fun, we got fun. End of story. We didn't care if someone just went there to fuck around, we ALL did that. Add a battleground and it stops being about fun because someone will take it seriously and ruin the mood for the rest.

Besides, unless that battleground can have hundreds upon hundreds of players in the same instance, the result of those games will be pointless.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I remember rocking up to Tarren mill on my baddass level 40 warrior back in the day and constantly dying to guards. Then world PvP died.

They should just bun pvp in wow, it is utter dogshit for the most part.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fine, most of the people on my server AT THE TIME, only wanted fun, and we got that. Happy? :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Fine, most of the people on my server AT THE TIME, only wanted fun, and we got that. Happy? :)

Much better :D

We play pvp for fun these days too, i think it depends more on what you want out of it. Kinda like with dota style games.

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
this looks awesome.. is the game even fun though? I didn't buy MoP, tried a 10 day trial though and really couldn't be bothered to do anything -_-

tempted to pre order warlords of draenor though and get a level 90 now to mess around with + do the above stuff, wouldn't have any idea what classes are worth playing though XD

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Loads of pets inc, wont take long to get the 600 reward, on 571 now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
meh I only have 300 unique or some shit, i havent done the zoo achievements yet tho so can prob get fuck loads more from all over azeroth.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aye, they might be saving it for something else as we already get a pet from the 10th anniversary, cinder <some kind of dog that I cannot remember the name of>

Down to 6 pets that I can still acquire, working on getting them pre-WOD...though 3 of them are TCG pets and I refuse to pay the 30, 40, 50k gold they cost (and they are probably duped anyway!)

Others are the Kirin Tor shitpet that I am waiting for the last book to spawn - Camping the spot for a few weeks now, 6 hours a day or so while studying.

Argent champion from alliance, no I got my free level 90 I can do the dailies as alliance.

...and the collectors edition of the diablo expansion which I will be getting next weekend when the wife is away and I take a break from studying to game.

Will take it to 580.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Don't think i've ever bought a TCG item... oh wait actually I did, bought a Tabard code off ebay years ago (Tabard of the defender) otherwise not though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I got most for about £5, the others I bought on the AH for silly money (150odd K on the soul-trader) back when I had gold, down to my last couple of hundred thousand from around 3mil. Most spent on pets and mounts.

Not spending any more gold on the AH, plan on making my fortune back in WOD :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I got most for about £5, the others I bought on the AH for silly money (150odd K on the soul-trader) back when I had gold, down to my last couple of hundred thousand from around 3mil. Most spent on pets and mounts.

Not spending any more gold on the AH, plan on making my fortune back in WOD :)

Be easy to make money a the start of WOD, people will be paying through the nose for ore/leather/gems/enchanting mats.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Thats what I'm hoping for as well. :) Going to get farming with my lock as soon as I get it up to 100. Need dem goldz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom