1 Month free payment or somthing!

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
i pay like all other daoc ppls to play dark age of camelot and since i got a home on prydwen it would be really nice to get atleast as many days offline days back free or a month. I havent even logged on excal since i cba with making new chr and all. I was waiting for a cluster and not a total week of repairings.

Ok its fine that there is bug and it has to be fixed but come on it has bin to long now. I have never seen daoc hold a server down this long in the 2½ years i played and i sukz.

So all the time you guys from GoA and Mythic use on this i think we should get back. Free ofc and a cluster now since it has bin said that it was gonna come friday last week or somthing.

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
why should you get that much extra time?

If the server is down for a week, you should get a week for free .. no more, no less...

And we will ofcourse get that, without a doubt

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
well, think about it. say u have 2 accounts. thats 16 quid a month

16/30 = 53 pence a day, and thats for 2 accounts ( a lot of people only pay 26p a day then)

oh noes i want my 2 quid! :(

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Should do something about arti repop time for a day or two when Prydwen gets back up

I know a lot of people, myself included, who got and activated artifacts a day or two before the server went down

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
Should do something about arti repop time for a day or two when Prydwen gets back up

I know a lot of people, myself included, who got and activated artifacts a day or two before the server went down

that wouldnt work, if say, the gov repop was set at 1 hour, just one person quad logging would just farm it all day and night to end up with 30 odd govs etc

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:
that wouldnt work, if say, the gov repop was set at 1 hour, just one person quad logging would just farm it all day and night to end up with 30 odd govs etc

Good point

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Elitestoner said:
excatly why it should be made like that :D, can be rich in a few hours and have enough to buy everything on my mid alt. Killing Danos every 2 hours and CS mob every 30 mins :worthy:

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
Afran said:
Nice to know.
it sukz.. made this poste prity late so there are some words that dosent go to good togeather.

yurithegreat

Banned
Elitestoner said:
well, think about it. say u have 2 accounts. thats 16 quid a month

16/30 = 53 pence a day, and thats for 2 accounts ( a lot of people only pay 26p a day then)

oh noes i want my 2 quid! :(

Yea and it`s the likes of yourself that screws it up for everyone else

Yea ok it`s only 2 quid, but think of the people who can`t afford to throw 2 quid away
Oh sorry you can`t do that can u cos your soooo rich money doesn`t matter to you
**Sad imo**

I want dbl my time back unless they intend giving me back all the lvl`s i worked for on my cleric
Why should i have to renew the account when i could have done what i needed in the time i had left
Now i have to relevel my character aswell as do what i could have done in the days left on the account

And yes i`m unhappy about paying for the second acc for a second time to do the same things i did when i first opened it

I only got the 40 lvls in 3 days cos i had the time to spend on it
Now i no longer have that amount of free time
So if i gotta redo it all i won`t bother renewing either accounts cos i feel ripped off

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Cruhar said:

If the server is down for a week, you should get a week for free .. no more, no less...

No we won't, because it's only 1 server as opposed to the service being down, as it's been explained before.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
No we won't, because it's only 1 server as opposed to the service being down, as it's been explained before.

For a long time plan giving free days is better for GOA maybe then loosing instantly some customers.

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
Tafaya Anathas said:
For a long time plan giving free days is better for GOA maybe then loosing instantly some customers.

some customers?

alot of customers imho

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Cruhar said:

Your reasoning is flawed. Hypothetically: Say the server is down a week and there's a rollback of another week before it went down. Then I lost two weeks of gameplay - because the last week I played before the shutdown doesnt 'count' ingame.

Anyhow its a tricky situation and no matter what - every side will loose more then it gains by it. Im confident GOA can make up a solution which lessens the pain for most of us (customers).

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
As people said earlier, even if pryd's been down 1 week + 1 week lost due to rollback, people always have the option to /level a 20 on camlann or smth.... :m00:

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Vladamir said:

Still - Prydwen isnt like Excalibur, Camlann, Stonehenge or Avalon for alot of Prydwen-regulars.

You can't compare those two for most Prydwen-people - therefore that reasoning is flawed aswell.

'No mates you aint gonna get a refund for all servers down, Freddyshouse was still up so you could still chat and gossip about DAOC'.

Also Thidranki/Excal gets boring very fast for the record :p

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
yurithegreat said:
Yea and it`s the likes of yourself that screws it up for everyone else

Yea ok it`s only 2 quid, but think of the people who can`t afford to throw 2 quid away
Oh sorry you can`t do that can u cos your soooo rich money doesn`t matter to you
**Sad imo**

I want dbl my time back unless they intend giving me back all the lvl`s i worked for on my cleric
Why should i have to renew the account when i could have done what i needed in the time i had left
Now i have to relevel my character aswell as do what i could have done in the days left on the account

And yes i`m unhappy about paying for the second acc for a second time to do the same things i did when i first opened it

I only got the 40 lvls in 3 days cos i had the time to spend on it
Now i no longer have that amount of free time
So if i gotta redo it all i won`t bother renewing either accounts cos i feel ripped off

im not saying im rich, i dont have much money myself, BUT my point is just that for the average daoc player, we basically lost the price of a coffee

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
im not saying im rich, i dont have much money myself, BUT my point is just that for the average daoc player, we basically lost the price of a coffee

DAoC is like real world: Sometimes you work to have fun at other times. Even in game. You do stuff you don't realy like to have a character "ready" for the events you consider fun. If there is any rollback that means, the invested hours are lost, and some people think their time is more expensive than the price of coffee. Also remember, some people have limited time in most parts of the year, and have more free time now. (students are a strong example)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
DAoC is like real world: Sometimes you work to have fun at other times. Even in game. You do stuff you don't realy like to have a character "ready" for the events you consider fun. If there is any rollback that means, the invested hours are lost, and some people think their time is more expensive than the price of coffee. Also remember, some people have limited time in most parts of the year, and have more free time now. (students are a strong example)

ya thats true.. i suppose a better analogy would be that the average daoc player had to wait 3 hours in line for that coffee :p

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
balkeriz said:
i pay like all other daoc ppls to play dark age of camelot and since i got a home on prydwen it would be really nice to get atleast as many days offline days back free or a month. I havent even logged on excal since i cba with making new chr and all. I was waiting for a cluster and not a total week of repairings.

Ok its fine that there is bug and it has to be fixed but come on it has bin to long now. I have never seen daoc hold a server down this long in the 2½ years i played and i sukz.

So all the time you guys from GoA and Mythic use on this i think we should get back. Free ofc and a cluster now since it has bin said that it was gonna come friday last week or somthing.

Well as this has been stated by money..

1) you can access all servers when paying for the game, so the service you pay for is limited..
2) giving out free days wont solve anything, and will benefit, everyone that plays daoc/europe, and is not effected by the pryd problem..

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
A hypothetical question for those people who seem to be defending Mythic
(you can argue the point if you wish): If Prydwin is still down in a months would you still be saying its OK for GoA not to provide compensation? What about 12 months?

There should be regular status reports. Don't tell me they haven't time, the people who write the reports are not the database guys. Its a simple job for them to give a verbal update. Hell they don't even need to do that if the PR person sits in on the discussions that they will inevitably be having.

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
gervaise said:
A hypothetical question for those people who seem to be defending Mythic
(you can argue the point if you wish): If Prydwin is still down in a months would you still be saying its OK for GoA not to provide compensation? What about 12 months?

There should be regular status reports. Don't tell me they haven't time, the people who write the reports are not the database guys. Its a simple job for them to give a verbal update. Hell they don't even need to do that if the PR person sits in on the discussions that they will inevitably be having.

Its nothing about defending mythic, im as angry about this is others, but free days would effect everyone, instead of the prydwen player.. I hope they will be compensating, with something special for prydwen only..

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Elitestoner said:

Pfft, since when does a cup of coffee cost 2 quid? :eek:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Such a lot of over-reaction. OMG I haven't been able to play a game for a few days!! The world it ending! think I'll cancel!!

Get a grip! They have a problem with the server, they're working on it. This takes time and no doubt they will have it back up ASAP and do something to compensate for the downtime.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ironfalcon said:
Its nothing about defending mythic, im as angry about this is others, but free days would effect everyone, instead of the prydwen player.. I hope they will be compensating, with something special for prydwen only..
If I would be in their place, I would do the following:

The costs for compensation for everyone with a free week is about as much as giving a free expansion to all Prydwen accounts. And when people lose interests, have other stuff to finish they started in the downtime, free weeks, can't help the community much. So instead I would make something else.

If they can make an event, where you can win darkness rising CD keys, and for prydwen people compensation means significantly higher chance of winning that would be a good way for compensation. The money you would get back, you can get back in another way. And since it isn't 100% winning (you need to put effort in it) the remaining can be used to let people from other servers to win. Such events can be a good motivation to play in underpopulated realms / servers and if you make new friends there, that can help with other underpopulation related problems in game :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
or they could put in some NPCs that can grant one of your chars a special training, like 100% ML exp, 30k RPs or maybe an extra free level. Just one of those ofc ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom