1 hour timer

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
GoA did good on this clustering but there is 1 thing i hate...and that is the god damn 1 hour wait before u can logg on accont if u logg out from excal accont or pryd accont...lower that to 10 or 15 min or so instead of 1 hour...getting frustrated about it

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
they already did

its 8 hours on the US

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I have to say I wonder why there's a delay at all?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
RS|Phil said:
I have to say I wonder why there's a delay at all?

omg albs haveing relic raid vs hibs i better start logging on my hib/pryd acc to defend an warn ppl about it..

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Dunno there's bound to always be an element of crossrealming - can't see a small delay being helpful merely frustrating.

From a moral point of view I also don't see why you should NOT be allowed to relog to your home server and defend relics. I dabble on Alb/Pry with some of the more interesting (for interesting read OP :p) toons but if I were to notice a relic raid I'd be a bit peeved that I can't "go home" and help out.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
RS|Phil said:
Dunno there's bound to always be an element of crossrealming - can't see a small delay being helpful merely frustrating.

From a moral point of view I also don't see why you should NOT be allowed to relog to your home server and defend relics. I dabble on Alb/Pry with some of the more interesting (for interesting read OP :p) toons but if I were to notice a relic raid I'd be a bit peeved that I can't "go home" and help out.

But you would have got that information through the fact that you are logged into another realm. Precisley the reason its there, you may not have received that information if you weren't logged into another realm. Though with all the twats on irc spamming "RR! RR! RR!" you prolly would have found out anyway.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
DocWolfe said:
But you would have got that information through the fact that you are logged into another realm. Precisley the reason its there, you may not have received that information if you weren't logged into another realm. Though with all the twats on irc spamming "RR! RR! RR!" you prolly would have found out anyway.

That's what I mean. I see the underlying reasoning behind it but realistically I doubt it accomplished much, if anything - except grate us when we're trying to play an alt.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
A quick side note - on my client the delay is 30 minutes not an hour!?

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
1 hour is totaly ok imo , imagine all the RR warnings witch already is mentioned , but also whinewhores witch example:
someone add on a very aggresive whiner then he loggs in his toon on the same realm and whien spamm you ( have actualy heard people say they was gonna do that if it havnt been 1 hour wait time) .
And you could logg in on another realm , getting info on were people are in PoC , DF or the frontier and then instantly logg back .
I dont think any of this things are suposed to happen .
People should be glad they let us play two realms imo.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
here is another example of why the 1 hour system is in place.

Omg so many albs out i think as a guild group we will log off albion and go farm them on our hib group.

10 mins later

ahh we not farming rps well guys i say we log off and go back to albion.

Thats why the 1 hour system is in place tbh if your finding your 1 hour is too long then go and muck around on camlaan for an hour or even a totally different server (say the spanish one)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If it's that big a deal, make the game crash if mIRC, msn or other chat programs are open... Then you could only send an e-mail or call a friend :m00:

Stop x-realming campaign :twak:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
can people put decent thread titles? I mean wtf has this topic got to do with GOA directly?
(topic was just "GOA" - I've changed it to be more useful)
Might as well have every topic called "dark age of camelot" if we're going down that route...

anyway on the 1 hour timer - it's enough to keep honest people honest. If you're defending albion and losing you're not about to go "sodit I'll go join the winning hib side" unless you're already a cross realming wanker that's got 4 accounts purely for that purpose.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
1hr is a good time imo, for the reasonsall stated above. True it doesnt stop xrealming, theres nothign stopping u loggin onto say hib/pyd telling an old friend to meet u in hadrians water in 1hr and farm each other, but then as also said u could do this on msn or irc etc. Same as relic raid warnings, there is some sad pricks that will tell over these chat rooms and talkrooms , prolly merely cos they want a massive RP fest from the defense.

Then again i dont play 2 realms myself, i got alts on another realm but nowt special. But 1hr still is a sensible time, might not stop all the spys and xrealmers but it helps a bit :)

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
i havent played that much since cluster, just a few questions regarding this "1 hour" timer.

Does it affect you if you LD? kinda crap if so, i only play 1 realm/server and have no intension(sp) to play on another realm.

Does it mean atually quiting or does it work swapping characters aswell?

thanks =)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
can people put decent thread titles? I mean wtf has this topic got to do with GOA directly?
(topic was just "GOA" - I've changed it to be more useful)
Might as well have every topic called "dark age of camelot" if we're going down that route...

erm - its Dark Age of Tankalot....not camelot :):cheers:

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Mauness said:
i havent played that much since cluster, just a few questions regarding this "1 hour" timer.

Does it affect you if you LD? kinda crap if so, i only play 1 realm/server and have no intension(sp) to play on another realm.

Does it mean atually quiting or does it work swapping characters aswell?

thanks =)

It's only 1 hour timer if you want to swap between characters on 2 different realms. If you stay in Albion, you don't need to wait - you can swap between alb chars as much as you like, quit as much as you like, aslong as you stay in Albion. Only if you decide to go play Midgard or Hibernia after just been playing Albion, you have to wait 1 hour. (30mins if you were just PvEing)

Me myself don't see this as a problem at all. I'm Midgard on Exc and Midgard on Pryd. Hey I'm even Midgard on a german server, although I don't speak german. Only set foot in Alb and Hib on Camlann - just for testing some abilities, and that didn't last long. ;P

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
For people who have mains in 2 different realms it can be very annoying. I imagine I'll be missing out on a lot of ml raids and guild groups because of this timer, and while waiting, I can't even play an alt or anything - yes I can do something else, but when I put time off to play, I don't do it to wait 1 hour.

Yes, I know there are x-realming wankers and people would take advantage of it if they could, but that doesn't make it less annoying for me.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
person1-excalibur was killed in zergland by person2-excalibur
person1 is mid, person2 is alb..
person1 logs on alb/pryd and does /send person2-excalibur you lame wanker. wtf ffs n00b qq etc etc

but after one hour.. person1 has calmed down and figured out it actually is just a game.. and will keep playing mid/exc :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
1 hour is too short...they should make it 8 hours like the US. :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Bracken said:
1 hour is too short...they should make it 8 hours like the US. :p

nah they changed to 1 hour after GOA announced its planned timer. (and after polling the player base)

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
For people who have mains in 2 different realms it can be very annoying. I imagine I'll be missing out on a lot of ml raids and guild groups because of this timer, and while waiting, I can't even play an alt or anything - yes I can do something else, but when I put time off to play, I don't do it to wait 1 hour.

Yes, I know there are x-realming wankers and people would take advantage of it if they could, but that doesn't make it less annoying for me.

Totally agree. Even worse when you have mains on all 3 realms >_< (4accs ftw)

/Dracus

censi

Can't get enough of FH
well put it this way.

a) if someone wants to pass on info about activities they wont switch accounts to do it.

b) if someone wants to switch realms to particpate then dont see a problem.

c) I agree 15 minute timer.

d) the other day I wanted to check my other toon on alb do some pve etc cuz it was too zergy... saw the one hour wait thing. quitted daoc and cba/forgot to loggin later, kind of forgot got sidetracked etc...

just from a pure business perspective this like a disasterous move. Its like when adverts come on TV they desperate to keep your attention so you dont change channels... well this hour thing just actually forces you not to play the game which cant be in their business interests...

goa obviously agree as they set 1 hour instead of 8 hours (very naive move from mythic)

just an annoying feature of clustering imo.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I only have a couple of 20s on pryd, but my opinion, and obviously the right one, is that you shouldn't be getting any info regarding the frontiers and not being able to zone there either for one hour after login from one server to the other.

PVE wise, you should be able to go on, RVR wise, no.

How to code it? Not my job :p

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
the delay is indeed pretty bloody pointless as a lot of peeps use irc anyways, and does the 1 hour delay take into account the fact peeps have more than 1 account? so can switch easy?

i understand the reasons behind it.. but its gonna accomplish nothing. peeps always gonna have that home realm to defend. if they playing in another realm and they hear there's a RR afoot, it should be left to players judgement as to wether they switch or stay as they are for good of game.

any 1 hour bans for peeps wanting to log on ther chars should be refunded. sometimes peeps just want a change of scenery, aint fair on them.

Werrin

Fledgling Freddie
Delay

Ok, I agree there must be delay, but i think 1 hour is long cos i have mains on both server, if i play in alb and friends calling, hey could u come with druid to grp? Then I have to wait 1 hour, thats annoying, 20min should be enough, ppl who wanna qq wont wait 20min to logg out to another server, or if he realy want to whine then he will after 1 hour too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom