1.90j - secondary/tertiary healers love

kirennia

Part of the furniture
The Camelot Herald

Heretics/valks/bards/friars/shammies all getting spec heals :eek: Few more changes in there too. Rejoicing for my tic although I think the valk spec heal was a lil unneeded.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Will this really matter for the Dyvet server ? probably no 1 playing this server for any of the incoming patches.

Shame great game been let down by it's Host :(

Soulja

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Heretics/valks/bards/friars/shammies all getting spec heals :eek: Few more changes in there too. Rejoicing for my tic although I think the valk spec heal was a lil unneeded.

Thats a bit too general.

Bards, Friars and Shamans have got the greater healing and group healing spells which are fast casting and heal for alot.

The tic/valk are getting the same kind of heal the warden has, (or the shaman/friar currently) which is slow to cast and doesn't heal as much but uses less power. Still useful in certain RvR situations but mostly a PvE boost and I don't think this will affect their play styles in group fights.

And who cares about Dyvet, this is general discussion, plenty of people play US servers here and even the german servers will probably have pop left when 1.90 reaches europe.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Amazing, Mid groups running with 4 spec healing classes (2 x Healer, 1 x Shaman, 1 x Valk)?

The way for Albion will be to adapt to Friar + Heretic I guess after all that love they got.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Amazing, Mid groups running with 4 spec healing classes (2 x Healer, 1 x Shaman, 1 x Valk)?

The way for Albion will be to adapt to Friar + Heretic I guess after all that love they got.

Valks don't have so much time to go out of combat and start healing. They don't have BG like Wardens do, so they can't even play defensive and heal, that's why they got the insta HoT's in the first place =)

Also no shaman will really have the spec heals, at least not in RvR. Most shamans don't even go past 7mend, except PvE shamans and let's be honest.....if it was up to me there'd be an insta-mob-kill spell for every class at lvl 5 :p

For friars and tics this will be a funny change, although for friars it's a bit like for valks....except I hear there's some grp running a perf friar as 2nd healer instead of cleric =)

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
- Siege Tower - Siege Towers now require that at least one friendly player with the appropriate level of siegecraft (600) be within 512 units of the Siege Tower while it is being built. If this requirement is not met, the Siege Tower will stop building. If the Siege Tower has been inactive for five minutes, the tower will collapse.

The most important change. Great :clap:

Septima

Fledgling Freddie

If your shammy and your valk are healing in a 8vs8, something is wrong with your grp. I can't see a heretic healing in a fg too...Not their job.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Will make my valk even better for duo/trio though, when it's the only healing class. :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
If your shammy and your valk are healing in a 8vs8, something is wrong with your grp. I can't see a heretic healing in a fg too...Not their job.

Yes, you are right, support classes shouldn't be healing, ever.

Infact, no one has done so before, even with base heals.

Long live the right ways to play a class/group.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie

don't exclude it but yes, it's far from their #1 priority (or i've been playing my shaman waaaay off (which wouldn't surprise me though)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Will make my valk even better for duo/trio though, when it's the only healing class. :)

and also be the number one class everyone will kill first whenever that happens :)

so its basically just a big red "kill me" sign they gave you ;)

and tbh, you wont have the power pool to be even a crap healer :) unless you go total gimp and get a shedoad of healer stat items. but then ur doing about the same melee damage as my shaman xD

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

thats maybe taking it a tad far. they can be great backup healers or even emergency healers if things go really tits up.

might not make a whole lot of difference in the end but atleast they used what they had :)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
and also be the number one class everyone will kill first whenever that happens :)

so its basically just a big red "kill me" sign they gave you ;)

and tbh, you wont have the power pool to be even a crap healer :) unless you go total gimp and get a shedoad of healer stat items. but then ur doing about the same melee damage as my shaman xD
If i'm out in a duo/trio, people might as well go for me instead of anyone else, tbh.
If they go for one of the other 2 in my group, it's better to cast a couple of spec heals instead of a nerfed HoT or a mana draining pbaoe heal, that's all. With a greater power myth, it's not like i'll go oop after 3-4 heals. :p

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, you are right, support classes shouldn't be healing, ever.

Infact, no one has done so before, even with base heals.

Long live the right ways to play a class/group.

Valk a support class...that's new.

Not going bother to discuss the way class/group should be played, since your point was only to whine/QQ about mid groups, right? :p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Valk a support class...that's new.

Not going bother to discuss the way class/group should be played, since your point was only to whine/QQ about mid groups, right? :p

No, not really, I said Albs can do it too.

I said even support classes with base heals heal from time to time now.

I am quite sure there will be some new group specs, the new classes with spec heals will make a use of it.

But hey, you explain to me how a Shammy is for example shearing/disease farting against a group with let's say 2 Rejv Heretics, 1 Friar and 2 Clerics.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie

I have been playing tic on clasic server (Glaston) a lot, healing is not the first prio, thats for sure but nothing to disregard. 300 / singel heal and 116 / group heal is far from a good heal but can be what is needed to keep a mate alive even dough in this situations I ended up removing diseas most of the time. thats one of the fun things with tics, that you can do about everything there is to do, not just better then anyone else... after all, its a suport toon.

when it comes to Valks, they have an arsenal of healing spells, ranging from castabel to HoT's to a PBAE heal. A Valk that is speced high in this line is realy nice and interesting toon to play. I never got to 50 with the one I was lvling, stoped at lvl 44 or something but if I had ended up playing Mid on US, Im rather sure I had rolled a s/s Valk with high healing spec.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Shammy's interrupt and rebuff as main priorites, that's at least on this lines that most of shammy's, for fg scene, spec. Valks go for 50 sword and 42 shield for grp spec, some OW and usually the 22 mend, and their role is damage dealer. I can't see any of this toons, if they are facing a decent fg, to have time to stop doing what they should do in priority, to heal, and if i may add, badely. I don't see this change affect mid grps, imho.

Tbh i think friars and heretics will be the ones that will be the most beneficied with this change, so QQ.

My english suck i know :/

Provender

Fledgling Freddie
A very welcome change for us friars who've been championing rejuv specs. We've been angling for the spec group heal for a while but the greater is a real bonus.

I guess that's me sticking with this cluster for another few months at least.

kaionda

Fledgling Freddie
Theres at least one alb grp on Temair whos playing with cleric+friar as their support setup. For them, and those who think like them, this is ofc a great change, especially because you as a grp friar can take staff down to 18 for the side snare and then get the lvl41 greater heal.

It's a nice change for Bards too, as the bards wanting to be able to heal their grp havs been drwn beween the 33reg/43nurt spec for the major heal, and 44nurt/less reg/higher music etcetc for the red spec AF.

With this change tho bards can spec 44nurt and still get a good heal at 32 reg. A really good heal too :p

I dont see much change for mid classes.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Made a fast spec idea for Valks

Sword 36
Shield 42
Parry 6
Mending 50

This spec, according to the charplaner, gives:

-heal delving on 231 hp
-the lvl 10 rezz
-cure diseas and poisen
-HoT delv 94 - Insta
-Buff (HoT) delv 141 (stacks with normal HoT)
-HoT (Grp) delv 75
-Buff (HoT, Grp.) dont think it stacks with the singel target HoT Buff
-Insta PBAE heal delv 500 hp
-Insta Rezz (25% p / 25% hp)

Fare enough, this toon will not hit as hard as the 50 sword spec but can take a dual role in a group: follow the Ma train and just useing the insta's on the group or takeing up a more deffensive role, slaming people that goes for friendly suport/casters and guarding group mates. Mind, you can still heal when guarding someone, so castabel group HoT (or singel target insta HoT), singel heals, PBAE heal, guard and Slam... can be some problems to melee down that healer/shaman/caster...

IMO, OW sux, and is just a nice tool for mezz breaking.. so see no use in it

atos

Fledgling Freddie
One of the "HoT" on the valks is a bloody friggs and friggs aint no damn hot.

this is mearly a poor attempt by EA to "balance" thigns cause if every realm have roughly the same stuff they will be balanced. Right?

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
One of the "HoT" on the valks is a bloody friggs and friggs aint no damn hot.

this is mearly a poor attempt by EA to "balance" thigns cause if every realm have roughly the same stuff they will be balanced. Right?

I havent been playing my Valk for a very, very long time. Has it been nerfed or is your statement that you dont like HoT's in general?

If its the later, you havent clearly used it to its full potentials. But if its the first one, well, as I said, I havent played it in a very long time so dont know what hapend with it and you might be right.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Made a fast spec idea for Valks

Sword 36
Shield 42
Parry 6
Mending 50

This spec, according to the charplaner, gives:

-heal delving on 231 hp
-the lvl 10 rezz
-cure diseas and poisen
-HoT delv 94 - Insta
-Buff (HoT) delv 141 (stacks with normal HoT)
-HoT (Grp) delv 75
-Buff (HoT, Grp.) dont think it stacks with the singel target HoT Buff
-Insta PBAE heal delv 500 hp
-Insta Rezz (25% p / 25% hp)

Fare enough, this toon will not hit as hard as the 50 sword spec but can take a dual role in a group: follow the Ma train and just useing the insta's on the group or takeing up a more deffensive role, slaming people that goes for friendly suport/casters and guarding group mates. Mind, you can still heal when guarding someone, so castabel group HoT (or singel target insta HoT), singel heals, PBAE heal, guard and Slam... can be some problems to melee down that healer/shaman/caster...

IMO, OW sux, and is just a nice tool for mezz breaking.. so see no use in it

lol, OW useless? not played any real fg vs fg have we? :drink:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
lol, OW useless? not played any real fg vs fg have we? :drink:

Who said his spec idea was for "real fg vs fg"? You're amusing. If you don't like the spec say why and say what ones would be better, a dumb one liner is no use, he took at least the effort to write a longer text and tried to make some points.

Not going to comment on the idea itself as I got no clue about Valks but atm it's 1 : 0 for him vs you I fear.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I'd personally say that with that spec, you'd loose a lot of damage without ragnarok and polarrift which is a logical backup style while trying to deal damage will get you ooe very very quickly. You're basically trying to become a healer with slam but in comparison, your CC will still suck as you'd have to get into melee range in order to slam, thus making you more likely to be interuptted and stopping you from healing reliably.

Looking at an 8vs8 pov, HoTs generally speaking wont save you or anyone in a group reliably. It's no good waiting for each tick when casters are nuking a target for 400 ish a pop each or an MA train is hitting for 100damage every couple of seconds combined... You suddenly go from one of the best interupt classes in the game to a very low rated healer class. Okay so insta rezz is nice but in an ideal FG you should have 3 other ressers, 4 egg of youths and if you use all of them in a fight, one extra res is very unlikely to save a fight...not compared to having twice the damage and interupts.

Odins will is one of the better specs with great returns for speccing relatively low in it. You can't shy away from the usefulness of cone interupting one BG target while moccing and disease interupting other targets around the battlefield at the same time. Some may laugh at moc on a valkyrie but with a reliable pulse interupt, it works very very well at screwing over half of an enemy group with just one person...

Even for zerging, I couldn't see the usefulness of the spec. I suppose solo it'd mean you'd live for 5 years against a single opponent but you can get a better balance with different specs in that area anyway.

As I think someone said earlier, the only thing it'll really help for valks is in a siege defence and slam healing in duels.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I'd avoid going higher mend than 42. Then max out shield and get like 34 sword. dEcent damage, good styles etc and awsome heals and good interupts from OW.

Some of the so called HoTs on valk are friggs. Friggs are worthless and is not even a HoT.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Who said his spec idea was for "real fg vs fg"? You're amusing. If you don't like the spec say why and say what ones would be better, a dumb one liner is no use, he took at least the effort to write a longer text and tried to make some points.

Not going to comment on the idea itself as I got no clue about Valks but atm it's 1 : 0 for him vs you I fear.

he said OW was useless you tard.

OW is overpowered in every kind of rvr

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Nice Rej Friar change, wonder if it's the same greater heal as Cleric's/Druid's/Healer's get, would give Albs a very nice 3rd healer (if they cba to group a friar for once ;d) might even respec mine to 50 Rej if that change comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom