wow.. another useless patch begins

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.90a Release Notes
Class and Spell Changes
July 13, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The time it takes to repair keeps, towers, and siege equipment is now 5 to 15 seconds based on your skill amount versus the required skill amount. Previously, it was always 20 seconds.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General Changes

Damage over Time (DoT) Spells

- DoT spells will now tick twice as fast as before, and have half the duration. This means that DoT spells will deliver the same amount of damage as before, in half the time.

- Bonedancer DoTs in the Bone Army spell line have been brought up to the levels of Cabalist and Mentalist DoT.

- Shaman Spec DoT spells will now stack with shaman baseline DoT spells.

Spell lines affected by this DoT change will be:

Albion:

Baseline Matter
Cabalist Matter Spec
Sorcerer Matter Spec
Wizard Earth Spec

Hibernia:

Druid Nature Spec
Mentalist Mana Spec
Mentalist Mentalism Baseline

Midgard:

Bonedancer Bone Army Baseline
Bonedancer Bone Army Spec
Shaman Cave Baseline
Shaman Cave Spec

Flexible Weapons

- Endurance cost for Python has been reduced by 50%.

- The proc from the style is no longer Area-effect (AE).

Left Axe

- The endurance cost of Doublefrost has been reduced.

Animist

- The following Animist spells have had their casting times reduced from 3.0 to 2.8 seconds.

Creeping Base

Wisp Heat
Wisp Glow
Wisp Spark
Wisp Fire
Wisp Flame
Wisp Blaze
Wisp Flare
Wisp Pyre
Wisp Inferno

Arboreal Spec

Spirit of Anger
Spirit of Ire
Spirit of Outrage
Spirit of Aggravation
Spirit of Enmity
Spirit of Rage
Spirit of Wrath
Spirit of Fury
Spirit of Vengeance
Spirit of Hatred

Circle of Anger
Circle of Enmity
Circle of Fury
Circle of Wrath
Circle of Rage
Circle of Vengeance

Berserker

- The Berserker's RR5 ability, Ferocious Will, is now a flat 25% Absorb buff for 30 seconds.

Cabalist

- Power costs have been reduced for the Cabalist's Health transfer line of spells. New costs are as follows:

Shift Health 2
Shift Vigor 3
Shift Essence 4
Shift Vitality 6
Shift Spirit 8
Transplace Health 10
Transplace Vigor 13
Transplace Essence 16
Transplace Vitality 19
Transplace Spirit 24

Cleric

- The proc rate of the cleric's RR5, Retribution of the Faithful, has been increased to 50%.

Eldritch

- The following Eldritch spells have had their casting times reduced from 3.0 to 2.8 seconds.

Mana Spec

Lesser Ensnaring Blast
Ensnaring Blast
Greater Ensnaring Blast
Entangling Blast
Greater Entangling Blast
Webbing Blast
Greater Webbing Blast
Demobilizing Blast
Greater Demobilizing Blast

Heretics

- Heretics focus Direct Damage spell (DD) will now tick twice as fast, and for half as long.

- The delve has been increased for these spells, which means that their initial tick will be for twice as much damage, but their final ticks will be the same or lower as current live values.

- Damage will increase by 50% each tick, up to a total of 450% of the original delve value. (These are half of the live increase and cap, due to the DD ticking twice as fast and the delve increase.)

Runemaster

- The following Runemaster spells have had their casting times reduced from 3.0 to 2.8 seconds.

Suppression Spec (Runemaster)

Minor Entrapping Rune
Lesser Entrapping Rune
Entrapping Rune
Lesser Tangling Rune
Tangling Rune
Lesser Snaring Rune
Snaring Rune
Lesser Rune of Mazing
Rune of Mazing

Shaman

- The 20 second timer has been removed from the Direct Damage line of spells in the Shaman's Cave spec line. Spells affected are below:

Fungal Mud
Fungal Froth
Fungal Muck
Fungal Slush
Fungal Slime
Fungal Ooze
Fungal Sludge
Fungal Ichor
Fungal Scum
Fungal Mucus

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Zerker rr5 love!!

That change made my zerker damn happy! :) It's a really nice RR5 now.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Did any of this actually need doing? No decent fixes, no fix for the crap gravity?

Malogrin

Loyal Freddie
Animist

- The following Animist spells have had their casting times reduced from 3.0 to 2.8 seconds.

Give animists , their old power !!

LoL what useless patch , made eld's and shaman's even more OP ... :twak:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
what the hell, shaman love? :eek7:

were actually getting slightly more useful then a buffbot now :D

kivik

Part of the furniture
Doesn't the DoT change affect envenom DoTs? :mad:

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
It's not useless, dots have been broken for ages. You can seriously annoy a zerg of solo casters with that double strength aoe dot imo. It's a step in right direction, better than the OP swings from one extreme to the other in some patchs.

Mana eldie spec nuke was slow, so was animist bombers. Dunno if the bombers needed love, pretty strong as they were imo, but can see why they did it...it's v hard to get the jump on anythign with travel time nm slow cast speed also.

Small changes and fixes, minor patch but certainly no shitty one. Anmist pretty strong open field class, with this plus changes from 1.88 (?).

Nate

FH is my second home
Didn't they get rid of all bomber pets and make them normal nukes?

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Nah they did that on the root bombers and prolly some of the other ones that never get used.....afaik...unless I remember patchnotes very wrong.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Tempted to start play my shaman again :p he will be huge dps machine!!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Lovely dot changes for bonedancers. My own BD will really benefit from that.

As an aside, I can't help but think the dot changes have been heavily influenced by dot changes that appeared several patches ago in WoW in a similar way.

Nice cave shammy stuff.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
heretic love :) maybe now you dont need to stand 10 mins uninterupted to actually deal any dmg

C

Carss

It's not useless, dots have been broken for ages. You can seriously annoy a zerg of solo casters with that double strength aoe dot imo. It's a step in right direction, better than the OP swings from one extreme to the other in some patchs.

Mana eldie spec nuke was slow, so was animist bombers. Dunno if the bombers needed love, pretty strong as they were imo, but can see why they did it...it's v hard to get the jump on anythign with travel time nm slow cast speed also.

Small changes and fixes, minor patch but certainly no shitty one. Anmist pretty strong open field class, with this plus changes from 1.88 (?).

Animists are still quite useless if you ask me, about every other class in hibernia is a better caster. When bombers are heading for you you can just kite in the opposite direction and spread out the damage and call for heals not allowing the animist to stack lifetaps on you instead. Vs people that have a clue on an animist you wont be able to drop a thing without assist, very powerful against idiots though.

They need to fix the bombers so that they go faster so that people cant kite them so easily and i might respec my ani away from pve.

As for the zerk rr5 i dont know why they didnt make it group or somthing, maulers got 25% all damage absorb for group that goes into there power but i guess the OP sheet is for new classes :p

Bony Army dot shit might be a laugh on the bd with high mom wp and wm :p pwn with pets and ae dot :p maybe duo with cave shammy...... maybe when they cluster though :p not enough to farm on cluster atm!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lovely dot changes for bonedancers. My own BD will really benefit from that.

As an aside, I can't help but think the dot changes have been heavily influenced by dot changes that appeared several patches ago in WoW in a similar way.

then they would be insta cast ;)

THAT i'd love hehe xD

kinda miss not being able to do 12k damage with DoT's only in DaoC :)

sigh i miss my warlock.... think i'l resub WoW for a month and go keel me some over confident warriors :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
By the time that patch gets here everyone will be playing Warhammer anyways :>

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
They just keep giving Gamah more and more loving <3

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Animists are still quite useless if you ask me, about every other class in hibernia is a better caster. When bombers are heading for you you can just kite in the opposite direction and spread out the damage and call for heals not allowing the animist to stack lifetaps on you instead. Vs people that have a clue on an animist you wont be able to drop a thing without assist, very powerful against idiots though.
With the root be changed from a bomber to regular castable one (next patch afaik) should allow stacking up of bombers on targets much easier...although obvious a root might flag up bombers inc.

There's plenty supply of idiots vs the bomber train to make it pretty strong, it's not that often you get peeps kiting them off even vs good grp. Mebbe cos peeps don't face them much, I dunno.

Not trying to make out animist is greatest caster, no ones gonna start kicking eldies out of grps, but perfectly solid caster and changes make it bit more playable. ofc if running 100% with grps opted to 11 you prolly wouldn't have one.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
With the root be changed from a bomber to regular castable one (next patch afaik) should allow stacking up of bombers on targets much easier...although obvious a root might flag up bombers inc.

There's plenty supply of idiots vs the bomber train to make it pretty strong, it's not that often you get peeps kiting them off even vs good grp. Mebbe cos peeps don't face them much, I dunno.

Not trying to make out animist is greatest caster, no ones gonna start kicking eldies out of grps, but perfectly solid caster and changes make it bit more playable. ofc if running 100% with grps opted to 11 you prolly wouldn't have one.

Animist has always been a viable tool, and i think they are still very viable, even more now.

An animist with capped speed can drop out 5 bombers before one hits, with 225 dd delve. and instantly start spamming baseline Energy dmg lifetap (you'll hit with 4-5 nukes while those 5 bombers hit the target, if that's not insane dps burts, then i dont know what is.

For a kiting group, turrets are awesome backline interrupts. As is tanglers in the backfield with support.

Animist dosent need PR either to DPS. as bombers count as pets, wich still do full damage at RS.

Animist and valewalker are imo the 2 most underplayed group classes, but as maeloch says they could never replace a lighteld, because of the lightelds insanely high group utility.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

They need to fix the bombers so that they go faster so that people cant kite them so easily and i might respec my ani away from pve.

As for the zerk rr5 i dont know why they didnt make it group or somthing, maulers got 25% all damage absorb for group that goes into there power but i guess the OP sheet is for new classes :p

Bony Army dot shit might be a laugh on the bd with high mom wp and wm :p pwn with pets and ae dot :p maybe duo with cave shammy...... maybe when they cluster though :p not enough to farm on cluster atm!

Clueless as always.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Really hope heretic changes don't go out as they are :( After 10seconds, a heretic will actually outdeal a caster in damage. With the first nuke being now double the damage, surely spamming it, although power heavy would give huge damage implications as well? Am just picturing a spell of 300 delve or so, then add to our AF, banelord etc... Nightmareish class if it doesn't get changed. Way over the top in that area.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Reavers have been crying out for a python change for ages as the style was a POS...

Well, it's been changed, and it's still a POS, go figure...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Really hope heretic changes don't go out as they are :( After 10seconds, a heretic will actually outdeal a caster in damage. With the first nuke being now double the damage, surely spamming it, although power heavy would give huge damage implications as well? Am just picturing a spell of 300 delve or so, then add to our AF, banelord etc... Nightmareish class if it doesn't get changed. Way over the top in that area.

and after 10 seconds the heretic would surely be OOM, or very close to it.

comparing hit by hit heretics may have better damage at the very end of their focus dot, but i doubt they would have more damage over a set period of time then a list caster. and most definatly(sp?) not better burst DPS. it takes a fair while for a heretic to get any really big numbers on those focuses.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
and after 10 seconds the heretic would surely be OOM, or very close to it.

comparing hit by hit heretics may have better damage at the very end of their focus dot, but i doubt they would have more damage over a set period of time then a list caster. and most definatly(sp?) not better burst DPS. it takes a fair while for a heretic to get any really big numbers on those focuses.

With the way it is at the moment with 1.5sec set time between pulses, as well as the initial 2x damage on the first nuke, the damage will be pretty damn high for a 1000AF, 2500hp, sheild wearing, style using hybrid.

You're still going to be looking at 350-400ish on the first tick, then increasing 50% every 1.5seconds is a huge amount of damage for a class which is harder to kill then a merc. :eek:

The only consillation to other casters is that the 'Look at me!' carrots of doom are still there so the tic will always be targetted early ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom