The latest patch notes on Pendragon:

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.89h Release Notes
New channels and Archery Sounds
June 25, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Archery sounds now function correctly once again.

- Players will now be able to designate their cloak as not visible with the /cloak on|off command.

- Players will now be able to designate their helm as not visible with the /helm on|off command.

- (Pendragon Only) The Minotaur Relic Larimorn will no longer cause some players to appear headless.

- Support has been added for four new channels:

Trade (/wtt or /wtb or /wts), only usable in housing/cities.

Advice (REMOVED OLD /ADVICE command), broadcasts a region-wide message for advice.

Region (/region or /local), sends a message to the entire region (set of zones).

LFG (/lfg), sends a message to all looking-for-group players in the region.

- Critical Damage to pets has been capped at 50%.

- Speed of Sound will no longer break on benevolent spells/songs.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

Item Notes - Albion

- Dragonsworn Crossbow in Albion will now have + crossbow skill rather than + melee skill.

Item Notes - Midgard

- Skald Champion weapons now have + Quickness cap instead of Acuity cap. The Group Accuracy charge has changed to a passive resistance buff and the Absorb Debuff charge has been changed to a melee resist Debuff proc.

USER INTERFACE CHANGES

- Fixed an issue where the icons in the social window were not visible.

- Fixed an issue where scalar adapters were not updating properly.

- Fixed an issue where buttons on the market explorer and consignment merchant windows were not visible.

Chat Window Fixes

- When undocking a chat window, the window will now be properly positioned with the mouse cursor.

- Chat windows will now only resize when the user releases the mouse button when using the resize control for a window. The chat window will no longer automatically resize while the resize button is being dragged.

- The active tab for each group of chat windows is now saved and loaded when zoning and relogging.

- Chat windows will now save their location properly when placed at the very bottom of the screen.

- The parent tab of a group of chat windows can now be deleted without the children being deleted.

- Chat windows can no longer be renamed to something less than 1 character long.

- The new window option in the context menus is no longer available when the maximum number of visible chat windows is reached.

- When a window gets too small for the tabs to display the full tab name, the tabs will be resized and the name will be truncated.

- When deleting or creating a chat window, the mouse cursor will no longer change to a moving cursor and the new windows will no longer be erroneously placed in the lower right hand corner of the game screen.

Chat Window Message Filtering

- The "Taking Screenshot!" message will no longer be sent to the default channel. This message is now sent as an "Important" message and can be filtered via the Message and Channel window for a chat tab.

- The "You must wait one second to toggle your attack mode" message will no longer be sent to the default channel. This message is now sent as an "Important" message and can be filtered via the Message and Channel window for a chat tab.

- The resulting messages from /who will no longer be sent to the default channel. These messages are now sent as "System" messages and can be filtered via the Message and Channel window for a chat tab.

- The "You cancel your (spell)" message will no longer be sent to the default channel. This message is now sent as an "Spell Expires" message and can be filtered via the Message and Channel window for a chat tab.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
well, SoS isnt minstrel only and its not really love. just a bugfix.

now stop taunting gamah :)

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
- (Pendragon Only) The Minotaur Relic Larimorn will no longer cause some players to appear headless.

I hope this doesn't effect my shaman :( he is unique!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Some interesting stuff and some things that don't make sense to me.

Crits to pets capped looks interesting. Junior just got a little bit tougher I guess.

Some very nice ideas in the interface and chat channels. WTB,WTS and WTT are excellent ideas. I wonder how long before we have a WTF channel :D
Local and regional ideas. Like it.

"The resulting messages from /who will no longer be sent to the default channel. These messages are now sent as "System" messages and can be filtered via the Message and Channel window for a chat tab."

...this makes no sense to me. Why filter it since its a player executed command and you are always going to want to see the output? Or does the filtering mean you can simply redirect the output rather than toggling it on or off? I think I'm missing something here.

The cloak and helm on/off commands are a nice touch but I don't think the lag reducing effects are going to be significant on Dyvet. I'd have loved to have these commands available a few years ago on relic raids.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Heh-heh, stealth necro love.

/lfg command interesting, /social window never really caught on for making PuGs, mebbe this will - simple things sometimes the best.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Oh more bling, no LOS/pathing/ladder-gravity/important fixes, shocking. Why has it taken this long (were still on 1.89a btw, long way from this) to fix the archer sounds, which is more annoying than you can imagine!

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Good point, but do necro pets actually count as pets? I thought necro pets count as the caster itself for most purposes.
Not sure. I did scroll up over the weekend to check nuke damage on a necropet and sure I was getting over 50% crits tho, mebbe my memory's playing up.

(8 nukes hitting for 270-ish to drop a buffed necropet with MoM5, WP5, aug int3, template nuking stuff capped...peeps still saying they drop easy but it ain't so :( )

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Item Notes - Midgard

- Skald Champion weapons now have + Quickness cap instead of Acuity cap. The Group Accuracy charge has changed to a passive resistance buff and the Absorb Debuff charge has been changed to a melee resist Debuff proc.
Skald love! \o/
That damn thing will be worth using now.

Nate

FH is my second home
Oh more bling, no LOS/pathing/ladder-gravity/important fixes, shocking. Why has it taken this long (were still on 1.89a btw, long way from this) to fix the archer sounds, which is more annoying than you can imagine!

Maybe we should try something a little more pro-active with these issues Whoodoo, moaning on FH won't get us anywhere but these problems with the game have been with us for a long time...either Mythic are un-willing or they really don't know about them.

A petition post could be made on FH/Vnboards outlining all the long lasting issues with the game which would be copied/pasted to the Camelot Feedback, with instructions on what tab to put it under. If enough users do this then surely Mythic can't ignore it for much longer.

Just an idea.

C

Carss

Not sure. I did scroll up over the weekend to check nuke damage on a necropet and sure I was getting over 50% crits tho, mebbe my memory's playing up.

(8 nukes hitting for 270-ish to drop a buffed necropet with MoM5, WP5, aug int3, template nuking stuff capped...peeps still saying they drop easy but it ain't so :( )

Aye rank 11 caster with mom5 wp5 too and hitting for around 250 on necro pets is fucking rediculous, they have tank immunity and now are probabaly the most survivable class vs casters aswell, your only chance is to shear or heavily debuff them. Stupidly overpowered. But they are easy to kite as the players that play them suck so thank god for that.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Dont play with sounds then?
If you bothered to read anything about this, youd know the problem is that in 1.89a there are no archer sounds, and its taken till 1.89h to fix it, so currently I cant hear my bow firing. Next cleaver comment please?

Nate said:
Maybe we should try something a little more pro-active with these issues Whoodoo, moaning on FH won't get us anywhere but these problems with the game have been with us for a long time...either Mythic are un-willing or they really don't know about them.

A petition post could be made on FH/Vnboards outlining all the long lasting issues with the game which would be copied/pasted to the Camelot Feedback, with instructions on what tab to put it under. If enough users do this then surely Mythic can't ignore it for much longer.

Just an idea.
I do proactively use VN and other forums and forms for just this, there are also Team Leads who are supposed to support the playerbase, but we seem to go unheard a lot (read VN TL report threads, youll see they have their own adjenda alone!). Pet pathing, the new gravity system that means by the time you climb to the top of a tower you have lost 45% of your health, and many other things are ongoing issues that huge amounts of people have problems with.

The only thing I have ever seen replaced by pure player power were the god aweful sounds they put in recently that made cats humping sound tuneful, and didnt induct permanant vommiting when listening to it as 100 buffbots did a chorus of str/con.

Ive always tried to be an optimist, but bling patches dont do much for me, I want gameplay and a game thats playable, not more toys. Buying a used car with a fecked engine cause it "looks good" isnt really what most do is it?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
If you bothered to read anything about this, youd know the problem is that in 1.89a there are no archer sounds, and its taken till 1.89h to fix it, so currently I cant hear my bow firing. Next cleaver comment please?

get a guitar (or ukulele) and everytime u fire the bow u plonk on a string ;)

and everybody is happeh :)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
get a guitar (or ukulele) and everytime u fire the bow u plonk on a string ;)

and everybody is happeh :)
I tried that, only problem was I couldnt get the right riff for rapid fire, any song suggestions?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
At last they've fixed the Skald Champ weapon. Took 'em bloody long enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom