1.89d

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
Character cusomization and other great things!

=========================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.89d Release Notes
Character Customization and Sound Updates
May 10, 2007

=========================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Players can now customize their characters at any time using the Customize button on the character selection screen.

- In addition to modifying a character’s face, players may now modify starting stats. By default, after selecting Customize, a player will be presented with the character’s attributes as currently set. A new option has been added on the left side of the screen to reset these points. Players can re-allocate these points as they see fit, at any time. Players will then be able to move on to customizing the appearance of a character’s face, hair and height.

SOUND INTEGRATION

- With this version, there have been updates to existing sounds within the game. While we are focusing mainly on spell sounds, there will also be updates outside of that scope. Version 1.89d introduces only a few of the updated spell sounds while a later version will include a great many more.

- Lutes, flutes and drums have received a sound upgrade.

- Crafting failure, success, and masterpiece creation have received a sound upgrade.

- The sound which plays when a character is praying at their grave has been updated.

- The Berserker and Hero shapeshifting (Stag and Vendo form) sounds have been updated.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

Archery

- Based on community and team lead feedback, we have re-evaluated and significantly reduced the miss rates of archery abilities. However, in order to maintain the integrity of the base DPS formula for archery, we will also be reducing the damage of archery abilities. Players should notice little, if any, change in the damage over time of these abilities once this change is made to Pendragon tomorrow morning (May 18th).

- A 10 second damage mitigation timer has been added to Critical Shot that will now reduce damage from all critical and power shots, from all archers, by 50% for the duration of the timer. This timer affects only the target, thus allowing the archer to change targets and still cause full damage to any target on which the damage mitigation timer is not active. During the last 5 seconds, damage will increase for each second up to full damage.

Mauler

- The Demand of Perfection line of casting time increases will no longer interrupt other players.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General

- Fixed an issue in Lyonesse where the water planes were mismatched. The water in this zone is now all one color and transparent.

Midgard Monsters

- The graphical issue with Champion Niel's face has been corrected.

Item Notes

- The treasure drops, Drevaul's Guard and Drevaul's Skewere will now be assigned the proper material type when dropped.

- A number of monster's treasure indexes have been adjusted to make the level of the drops match the level of monster involved.

TRIALS OF ATLANTIS WORLD NOTES

Encounters - General

- The Steam Elemental will no longer give errors saying it is not visible when it plainly is.

- The Weakened Afrits now move a bit slower and have a slightly increased chance of dropping loot.

- The basic Afrit and Master Afrit are now much taller to help differentiate them from the Jannis.

- The basic Afrit will no longer be so easily interrupted while throwing weapons at players.

- The Bound Atlanteans can no longer be pulled far away from their Master Afrit.

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
players may now modify starting stats

:worthy: to Mythic :worthy: I can finally get rid of the 10 Quickness my Wizard has from when I created the char soon after the game launched because I wrongly assumed that it being a rising stat it actually did something :)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'd like to say thank you for being able to change the starting stats!

This has been one of the most annoying aspects of some of my older characters, being slightly gimped because of wrong advice from the creators of the game itself. We've been ignored for years because it's always been "too difficult", when instead you spend thousands of man hours on other things.

But at last I'll be able to get some dex with the starting stats on my Friar!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Awesomeness. While that +5 str might have made me the strongest SM around, can't say it actually showed me to be the brightest :D

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm wonder what Agron's lastname will be now then after his 2 wishes got granted.

Nate

FH is my second home
When will Skalds get to use instruments :( I always remember seeing Gamah gaylily prancing around with his harp/drum/flute and being jealous whilst dancing to the beat of him pwning me.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
yes! now i can fix my fuckups on both my healer and my huntress \o/

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
Yes! finally! can finally fix my enchanter!! wooo :D get rid of those 10 points in quickness and 5 in strength LOL :D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Great, archer love and the nerf bat cometh soon after, now there will be more whines this time because we will be grouping even more to compensate for the shite dps we will have.

Are casters going to get this 10 second hit penalty too, as 2 casters can outdamage 2 hunters/scouts/rangers so easily.

More bling too, just what we needed, screw pet pathing, LOS issues, bugs n holes, nah we dont need them fixing. And music love is meant to mean improving the mechanics of intrument users, not giving them a better riff to die to surely?

Ho hum, more bling.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
starting stat respec is nice, just seems abit wird you can change it 10 times a day if you want thou oO.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Givf race respec, if they had told me bows were going dex based I would never have rolled a norse dammit!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
starting stat respec is nice, just seems abit wird you can change it 10 times a day if you want thou oO.

Gonna help with templates more then people realising, since they'll start taking base stats into consideration ;o

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
Great, archer love and the nerf bat cometh soon after, now there will be more whines this time because we will be grouping even more to compensate for the shite dps we will have.

The nerf on crit/ps is huge and needed, there are loads of grps +5 archers on US servers :twak: .

The reduction on miss rate is welcome for solo archers :)

And we will see how much archery dam is lowered on next test days.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Are casters going to get this 10 second hit penalty too, as 2 casters can outdamage 2 hunters/scouts/rangers so easily.

If archers say:

Lets compare use to... say wizards:

we have stealth - they don't have
we have leather armor - they don't have
pets or shield, or... we have - they don't have

and compare limited cc (nothing good), etc. where they are about equal.

and of course they have more hp, so when they want to kill the wizard they have to do less damage than the wizard in the same time.

And then they whine constantly because they can't get higher DPS too, that is a good reason for serious nerfing. And not fixing anything that would improve their chances (too good already) but try to attract new people to archery with the bling to get sane oppinions from archers.

You complain because you think Mythic does this?

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Ah great a archer nerf!,

honstly just revert to the old system, this new ones sounds shite, not content with making archers casters, now we get a damage nerf for picking the same target :)

They mayaswell just take stealth classes from the game and say we have left to goto WOW or LOTR or something.

This custer couldn't muster 5 rangers, left alone grp them.

Ah well,

Eble

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
If archers say:

Lets compare use to... say wizards:

we have stealth - they don't have
we have leather armor - they don't have
pets or shield, or... we have - they don't have

studded/reinforced armor :)

Gamah

Banned
i must say once again

MINSTRELS ARE SAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Wish to fuck they would just remove stealth from the game & fix the class instead of all this bullshit tbh.

why not just remove the game, it will never be balanced and everyone will always be unhappy about any changes, so qft, game was designed on someone's bog roll and will prolly end up that way anyway :p

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
1.88 delves vs 1.89d Delves

Cold/Fire 9 250 / 212
Crit 9 312 / 265
Std 9 187 / 159
RF 8 56 / 47
Acid/Poison/Long 8 112 / 95
PB 8 225 / 191
Power Shot 8 281 / 239

It's 15% damage :puke: .

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, it's starting to get a little silly - instead of just fixing the 35-45% miss rate, they have to lower Archery DPS by 15% because apparantly 10% miss rate like everyone else has isn't bad enough.

And that's on top of the DPS reduction snuck in at the end of 1.88. ('Don't worry, these are temporary stats, we'll increase them once we're sure this new system works.')

And that on top of the DPS reduction that the 'Revamp' patch (1.88) started with.

But hey, we archers are so happy with the improvements to the class over the last two months. They really made it much better! ;P

kirennia

Part of the furniture
1.88 delves vs 1.89d Delves

Cold/Fire 9 250 / 212
Crit 9 312 / 265
Std 9 187 / 159
RF 8 56 / 47
Acid/Poison/Long 8 112 / 95
PB 8 225 / 191
Power Shot 8 281 / 239

It's 15% damage :puke: .

15% damage down but you don't know how much the miss rate has been decreased. For all you know, it could be 30% which would give you a significant and more CONSTANT damage.

Personally I'd much rather deal damage more consistantly, knowing how well I'll fair after shooting someone instead of occasionally 3 shotting them and more often then not, not hitting them at all.....

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
lol, hope they nerf archers more, more and more, just so we can see Tesla whine some more :D its just lovely :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom