1.88j

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
1.88j and Live Downtime Tomorrow

Pendragon is up with the final version before 1.88 goes live tomorrow. Just a reminder that servers will be coming down at 8:00 AM EST tomorrow, and we expect to be back around 5:00 PM EST. As always, watch this space for updates!

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.88j Release Notes
Tradeskill and RP Bonus Adjustments
March 27, 2007

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- The default locations for the New Quest start window, the merchant window, and the training window have been updated to prevent the new and old quest windows from being completely hidden by other windows.

- The default camera angle has been adjusted upwards.

- (Pendragon Only) The MLxp scrolls have been moved from the bounty masters to Demyphon in the Hall of Heroes. They have been renamed from "Bounty Master's Revelation" and "Bounty Master's Greater Revelation" to "Demyphon's Revelation" and "Demyphon's Greater Revelation".

- (Pendragon Only) Archery sounds will now match up with their effects more consistently.

CLASS AND SKILL CHANGES

Archery

- Damage will no longer be modified if the bow is of higher level than the archery shot being used. This fixes a bug which caused damage from certain combinations of high level bow and low level spec to vary more than was intended.

- Fixed a bug that prevented resists from being properly factored in the new archery system. Previously, resists were not counting for their full amount.

- Based on extensive testing and player feedback, the damage of Critical Shot in the Archery spec lines has been slightly reduced.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- The bonus to Realm Points and Bounty Points that was enabled for Agramon Island in New Frontiers for 1.87 has been removed. The bonus to Realm Points and Bounty Points will now be available in the following New Frontiers zones: Odin's Gate, Emain Macha, and Hadrian's Wall. The bonus amount, 150% or 1.5x, remains the same as it was on Agramon Island.

TRADESKILLS

- The recipes for various "eroding" tinctures have been changed to require Lifebane instead of the ingredients for Lifebane poison.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

General

- The portals in Balban's Breach and Nergal's Breach to the battlegrounds will no longer check what client is being used. This fixes an issue where these portals required players to be using the Darkness Rising client or higher.

- The 'Royal Stable Master' NPCs will now respond properly when players inquire about either the [Clockwork] or the [Gemstone Horse].

PVP SERVER

- The merchants and scholars within the Ruins of Atlantis zone have banded their magic together to make the area a safe haven for all adventurers to gather and purvey their wares. Like the Capital Cities, Housing, and a number of dungeons, the Ruins of Atlantis zone is now considered a safe zone where players cannot attack one another. This will facilitate players who need to visit the Hall of Heroes, train in the Ruins outside, or gather before they venture forth to attempt the Trials of Atlantis.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The bonus to Realm Points and Bounty Points that was enabled for Agramon Island in New Frontiers for 1.87 has been removed. The bonus to Realm Points and Bounty Points will now be available in the following New Frontiers zones: Odin's Gate, Emain Macha, and Hadrian's Wall. The bonus amount, 150% or 1.5x, remains the same as it was on Agramon Island.

woot!

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
...and the archer love just got butt-f*cked 2 days before go live in the US.

Nice 1 Mythic /finger

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It wasn't love to begin with. It was -changes- but the netto result was already less than we currently have. This massive damage nerf only makes it worse. :/

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
lol, cant go on without giving those bridgecampers some lub can they :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
It wasn't love to begin with. It was -changes- but the netto result was already less than we currently have. This massive damage nerf only makes it worse. :/
Dropping a fellow hunter (fully temped, 2300 HP, buffed to the nines) in 4 shots hardly constitutes a nerf bud, the crit shot was like a PA at range, insane damage, hopefully the use of the word slight means exactly that.

Keitan

Banned
no daoc for 11 hours! no seriously it dont take that long to patch :eek:oo
fshard inc :p

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
'slight' means 30% damage reduction, according to multiple people testing on critshot.com.

Four shotting an archer isn't a big deal, it takes only two bolts to take me out, most of the time. Right now (1.86) I don't need more than 3-4 arrows to dispatch rangers. Scouts too if they're slow on the uptake with a shield.

The people who managed to get a little testing in before Mythic went to patch the live servers are reporting 350-400 damage from Critshot 7 and Critshot 8 against enemies. (Not mobs!). That's about half of what my critshot does currently (700-800 damage fairly reliably, with a cap of 1139).

So no, I don't like this patch. Any to those who play a fulltime archers and do, I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The delve came down from 375 to 312 for the crit shot 9 (lvl 50 crit shot)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, the delve. My bad.

Still, 312 x 3 is only 936 before resists. Factor in a base 26% resist, that leaves 692 damage at most for a base critshot, factor in the maximum possible critshot that leaves 1039 damage. Assuming you actually hit and the target has only 26% resists (which is pretty unlikely).

This doesn't change the matter that all Mythic does is swap a few things around to make Archery easier, but ends up with a more complex system that does less damage.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Ah, the delve. My bad.

Still, 312 x 3 is only 936 before resists. Factor in a base 26% resist, that leaves 692 damage at most for a base critshot, factor in the maximum possible critshot that leaves 1039 damage. Assuming you actually hit and the target has only 26% resists (which is pretty unlikely).

This doesn't change the matter that all Mythic does is swap a few things around to make Archery easier, but ends up with a more complex system that does less damage.

....and removed PD from archers....
....and totally gutted the BC line...

Rhoma

Loyal Freddie
<sarcasm>

:bazbeer:

Best archery patch without any doubt

:bazbeer:​

</sarcasm>

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
....and removed PD from archers....
....and totally gutted the BC line...

To name but two of the many negative changes. I didn't feel the need to rehash everything, since it's been written down numerous times already. But yeh, it sucks.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
I was doing testing on Pendragon and was thinking, ok so the totally f^&ked up my ranger, but I guess i can adapt and live with it.

Then bam last second nerf to crit damage just before release. haha great one mythic love patch my arse.

Eble

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ah, the delve. My bad.

However Critshot now also goes through all defenses (such as PD/brittles) - rather than having to fire three shots just to hit a caster...

It'll get changed around once it's on live as we get some proper RvR data to balance with, if the sole intention was just nerfing archers into the stoneage they'd not have gone to quite so much effort ;)

Before the latest change a critshot would reliably one-hit-kill an unbuffed caster unless theyh were CL10 and in a silly +hp suit.

One hit kills every so often with a lucky high crit on someone who forgets to cast their AF buffs is fine, one hit kills reliably on self buffed casters (i,.e. with AF buffs) is a horribly bad game mechanic, especially given how much easier it is to pull off than a PA or whatever.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
...but Flim, critshot ONLY fires from stealth, and yes it goes through but doesn't break, so its a case of critshot, then normal shot (brittle), normal shot (bubble), then another before you can hit again, either that or use the SIX SECOND draw on power shot to break them.

f*cking useless - can't double crit etc, but as Tesla said, im tryin not to rehash all the sh*te we've had dumped on us, its all covered elsewhere, especially on the critshot forums.

For once, i'm glad that GOA are a bit behind on patches, this ones a killer for archer class

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Before the latest change a critshot would reliably one-hit-kill an unbuffed caster unless theyh were CL10 and in a silly +hp suit.

With my little test scout I was hitting vulnerable orange mobs for 1125 with crit shot, but player casters for 600-700 with it. (50 RR2 scout, 50+12 Bow)

Don't meet many unbuffed casters in rvr these days, and that wouldn't kill them without a crit. Now it's down about 30% from that level apparently, so won't kill an unbuffed caster with a crit.

Darzil

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, I'd forgotten the Self-AF buff that casters have, so you won't even be able to make that 1039 I mentioned before, since arrows are affected by both AF and resists. If they have a spec-AF buff, that only makes it worse.

aika

Part of the furniture
It's really a hidden nerf. The most reliable way to kill a buffed caster was with double crit shot, most enemies are too slow to realize they are shot at. You can no longer do that, also no more PD which is really bad.

From what I have seen playing a scout on pendragon the unnerfed critshot damage was low, and now they reduce it even more!

Also no more Trueshot, afaik longshot doesnt have the same range..

I don't see why was the need for those changes at all tbh.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
It's really a hidden nerf. The most reliable way to kill a buffed caster was with double crit shot, most enemies are too slow to realize they are shot at. You can no longer do that, also no more PD which is really bad.

From what I have seen playing a scout on pendragon the unnerfed critshot damage was low, and now they reduce it even more!

Also no more Trueshot, afaik longshot doesnt have the same range..

I don't see why was the need for those changes at all tbh.

So that archers were a thing of the past....not like they were getting that way anyway :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i am looking forward to playing a scout after the patch tbh ..

I saw it fromt he otherside a ranger or hunter with high pd was virtually impossible for my infi to kill specially if they had a reasonable level of MoS

couple that with purge and insta heal then blam no chance heh and I was rr4 with viper and mop etc to up my damage .. i guess this makes having mos high for a archer a must now and speccing high in bow rather than weapon a better option which was their aim

time will tell

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
This looks like its the first class revamp patch that actually nerfs the classes it is intending to improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom